PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't all about gear but a luck factor involved also. Those 5k can make a hell of a difference. I run a ewe 41 adj tier 6 with 25B amp and 15mg pills+ rings at 120 dps in cat 3, I go through 350 mobs per hour yet I got 8th place last Mayhem and this one I'm not finished yet but I don't think I'll make it to top 10. Having the gear doesn't guarantee good placement.
    T6 ep41 is far from top gear in cat3. R150 assassin t10 is. Ep41 is also very affordable. Problem starts in cat5 and up where imk2 t10 and similar gear starts to cost an arm and a leg. You also need 20k ped scopes, 30k rings and at least a 4k fap to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    They are pretty much destroying any hope a new player has of competing.
    If we cant afford it at the cheapest / lowest category, than we really shouldnt have hope for the higher one's.
    I'm a new player, i dont see problem with it, i beat them, or I will loose, just like later in the higher categories.

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    I refuse to chip out just for participating in a lower category.
    Because of my high skills I can only participate in cat10... for which I have absolutely no gear/budget whatsoever...

As do many others respectively where they are at in the game.

My guess is that MA is currently happy with the current system, it must be providing revenue. There is a saying, 'never change a winning team'. Change is often a risk, and I think that is why MA does not improve the current system, even though MA has recently made a LOT of improvements in EU.

My proposition still stands. It solves most problems. Way more people will participate! In short:

- keep the current categories
    - remove the top10 winners for each categories
    - make a new 'winners list'
    *1 big list, if there is 2400 ppl who finish their hours, there is a top2400. It is way more awesome to be nr 1 in a top2400 then in a top10.
    * every participant who finishes x hours, gets listed
    * every participants' final points get multiplied by a fixed number, for instance 2, and by his category nr (10625 points, cat9 = 10625 * 9 * 2 = 191 250 points)
    * it is possible, but unlikely that participants of lower categories will pass those in higher categories
    * put in a TON of random prizes, to be given to the listed ones, randomly
    * divide the mayhem tokens proportionally to the points (simple excell math)
    * make the mayhem tokens tradable

This solves the following problems:
    - people who fall out of the top 10 can now participate for fun, and still get a prize
    - today when you think you'll be 9th or 10th, which could still pay for your effort, but you get 11th and have NOTHIN
    - today people say, wohoo, I'm first.... in cat 3 Isn't it better to see you are 300th out of 2400, and gear up to get to 290 place in the next event? Work your way UP in eu, rather then DOWN.
    - today it is better to get top3 in a lower category, then 5-10th in a higher category, this is not good.
    - when you give your best, it doesn't hurt you financially if you get 23rd instead of 22th in the totallist, which looks a lot more interesting!
    - when people can actually sell their tokens, it will attract WAY more hunters for the markup

just my2pec, been saying this for years btw.

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    I like Naomi's idea, but I'm curious why MA doesn't make Mayhem work like Gold Rush, where you can just choose which cat you want to participate in without having to chip out? (Not sure if GR still works this way, I haven't done it in a couple years)
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Mayhem was much better when it was a competition for the elite, but with (effectively random, but you had to compete) prizes for lower placed people (25th, 50th, 75th. 100th etc) and a possibility to find good items in the loot, so that anyone had a chance of something, but only the best would get the top prizes.

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Well, I kind of disagree with you Naomi, just a whole ranking for all participants and such would just ruin the whole thing.

99% of players can't compete with the top 20-50 players that compete in cat 10. They should have their own "précarré" to play in.

But I agree more prizes should be awarded, pills, clothes, flowers, whatever, but something that will remember you how well you performed in that competition.

Just like before with the WOF.
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Ino View Post
    It isn't all about gear but a luck factor involved also. Those 5k can make a hell of a difference. I run a ewe 41 adj tier 6 with 25B amp and 15mg pills+ rings at 120 dps in cat 3, I go through 350 mobs per hour yet I got 8th place last Mayhem and this one I'm not finished yet but I don't think I'll make it to top 10. Having the gear doesn't guarantee good placement.
    120 DPS in cat3 would only get you into top3 with a lot of luck involved. I did some math over past years and went with random gun I owned, multiplied it with enhancers, rings, pills etc and top3 was not out of reach, even without 5k loots.

As I said, in P2W, you can't really complain. If you want to win, invest. Taking your VW Polo to Hungaroring and expecting getting top3 times vs F1-s is a dream, that can come true, when luck is involved and others crash, run out fuel, drive without breaks etc

PS! You do realize that back in the day when I was hunting my irons were done by G15 keyboard with macros to autouse,change target,use autoloot pill any x time, use skillpill if had any x time etc. I was watching full seasons of tv series on second screen while my "bot" killed thousands of mobs. With good clean FOV, you can "bot" through some mayhems and win with best gear. Hell, without any hiccups, you could probably go to sleep, come back and have best time. Do you think Girts, Messi and other big hunters physically click every mob and their gun to shoot? No, they "bot" through it for hours, days, weeks, years. That is why we get semi regular complains about big hunters KSing, tagging wrong mobs etc, since basic targeting macros can't make a difference between your and someone elses mob.
    Last edited by becausewhynot; 11-09-2019 at 00:10.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by becausewhynot View Post
    Do you think Girts, Messi and other big hunters physically click every mob and their gun to shoot? No, they "bot" through it for hours, days, weeks, years. That is why we get semi regular complains about big hunters KSing, tagging wrong mobs etc, since basic targeting macros can't make a difference between your and someone elses mob.
    Why do you leave this just as a question.Just test it and find the truth.
    Gather 10 people and rotate whispers to any suspected avatar in this game.DO even a math question demanding for a human answer and you will find the truth.Once you obtain the answer or not you can come post your stupid shit.
    I am open for any test any player in this game is willing to develop.
    Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    Why do you leave this just as a question.Just test it and find the truth.
    Gather 10 people and rotate whispers to any suspected avatar in this game.DO even a math question demanding for a human answer and you will find the truth.Once you obtain the answer or not you can come post your stupid shit.
    I am open for any test any player in this game is willing to develop.
    Bring it on.
    or let you show an identity card, so that only one person plays one account, like it is intended to

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    remove all shrapnel from the instances and replace it ALL with other stuff that's more interesting... since it is a holiday them perhaps stuff you'd normally get when you open the darn boxes...

hell, remove the whole damn holiday box thing...it's such a money grab selling the keys on webshop anyways.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast