EntropiaWiki

BackBone

Dominant
BackBone Angelina Praias
Is Entropia Wiki down?

While we are at it - If it comes back up again, could it be hosted in a more responsive server? Its awfully slow to navigate that website. :duh:

Is Entropia Wiki down?

While we are at it - If it comes back up again, could it be hosted in a more responsive server? Its awfully slow to navigate that website. :duh:

I have rebooted the EntropiaWiki server; the site is back online and responding quickly.

The main issue that causes slow responsiveness is that the software that runs EntropiaWiki is very old and unoptimized.

Because the site uses lots of unique customizations, tools and add-ons, switching to a more modern and optimized wiki platform is not so simple, at least not without sacrificing functionality that many users find valuable.

I have rebooted the EntropiaWiki server; the site is back online and responding quickly.

The main issue that causes slow responsiveness is that the software that runs EntropiaWiki is very old and unoptimized.

Because the site uses lots of unique customizations, tools and add-ons, switching to a more modern and optimized wiki platform is not so simple, at least not without sacrificing functionality that many users find valuable.

Thank you for the response and information. It is very much apreciated. :yup:

wiki offline again? :confused:

I am in the process of upgrading the server with more RAM and CPU.

Should be back online shortly

My observation is that it isn't the speed per se, it's that sometimes it would be fine, and sometimes it would take forever, no in between.

I am in the process of upgrading the server with more RAM and CPU.

Should be back online shortly

Whatever you did it worked! Loads a hell of a lot faster than it used to. Thank you :)

Back