Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

Finally the old bugs will be fixed and some players' requests will be realized ? :yay:

Oh no, it's still new bugs to come...

Some people have a sense of priorities, some others don't... :rolleyes:

I just hoping, that linux+wine have enough DX11 support, to run this game at least in safe mode.

If you gonna compare Before and After open pictures in new tab, and then zoom in so you
see whatthey look like in more detail, hard to see from pictures in thread.

Cool news. I'm excited. As others have said, bugs could be an issue, but hopefully they're minimal.

I'm glad MA is making announcements about our money being reinvested into improving EU, even if the improvements are slight. I love reading about bug fixes coming, stability patches and maintenance etc. So, improvements to the shaders and in game lighting, bring them on!

I grew tired of hearing about wayward dice rolls on Compet, and DeepToken. The new CEO seems to get it. Seems to understand that they already have this amazing unique product, glitches and bugs, mind you. But we still have something incredible. We have a community so passionate and loyal to the outlet EU offers. We don't want a new mobile game, we just want the game we fell in love with to run smoother, faster, and look better. Once the bugs are worked out, I'm hopeful new content comes. But I'm glad they're not over promising like they used to.

If you're on the dev team and you read my post buried in the mix, thank you guys. Keep it up. There's a lot left to go as far as improvements, EU still has many problems, and you guys know this, but I'm grateful we seem to still be headed in the right direction.

ah well...

Last edited:
thumb_up.gif

Playing Entropia on Less than 8G Ram is very unpleasant (unless you only stay in an auction house ;) )

Windows Vista and above is required in 2019.

Ensure you have the latest graphic card drivers before release.

Looking forward to it. Fingers crossed. :scared:

Waste of time , money and resources.

Provided they upgrade their textures and lighting at some point, then this will be a good upgrade.
For EU to bring new people, it needs to catch up to the rest of the gaming world. The current graphics are outdated at best, hence why you can run EU on an old computer with upgraded RAM and in safe mode.

It will be fun to read all the post-upgrade threads on how they can no longer play EU....you can easily tell who they will be based on previous updates by MA.

Make sure you have your popcorn ready!

If I remember right I think with dx11 tessellation were introduced, which will handle
details on objects better. So they do have the possibilty to upgrade graphics of objects.

This is a good thing for the game!

Like anything in this world the eyes "eat a lot". More than ever the visual plays a big roll in almost any thing being it a car, food or a person etc, why should video games be different?

Can't wait to see the result, this will bring more new players to the game than probably a new massive land area or asteroid sell. Nice move MA, congratz!

I hope that the following promised developments are also not too far behind:

- Armors 2.0
- Land Plot next phase of development
- New Ark Moon development
- New RT estates and instances
- More Space content

I hope that the following promised developments are also not too far behind:

- Armors 2.0
- Land Plot next phase of development
- New Ark Moon development
- New RT estates and instances
- More Space content

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EWFnFJdpUUb39rva9

oh and... since there's a new graphics engine what about putting things back where they belong as once hinted at many years ago?

Hi

We are aware of the shopping booth issues and are working on relocating them back to their pre 9.4 positions.

There will also be an upgrade to the booths in the near future ;)

This is just a quick post to let you know that we are working on it and sorry for any frustration caused by this delay.

Justin.

Calypso:
Hadesheim:

More will be here shortly...

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------​
Info below is for historical purposes, etc. The info below is related to how Hadeshiem existed prior to it becoming the big crater that it is now...

Map below excerpted from this thread:
Hadesheim City Map by Falco

--------------------------------------------
Overview
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
NW Parts
NE Parts
SW Parts
SE Parts

Last edited:
is it just me or does the before of PA looks a lot better? i always preferred the bluish color and now everything is in 50 shades of red or what? if it look as bad ingame as it does on the screenshots....
also apart from the slight color change i dont see any real differences. in most games this would simply be a reshade. takes like an hour of tweaking around in the settings and you got the same look without a "huge graphical update!" ... classic misdirection.

This is not a bad Thing, to use better rendering.

But what the game make bad looking are other things, like messet up LOD (Level Of Detail). Trees where you can see the collision box. LOD steps where trees at floor look that way from far, but then change to look 90 degrees turned, if you go near, and the LOD stage change.
Waterfalls hanging into air. Get stuck into plants, get stuck at water boarders. Rock meshes where don't fit the floor in Z axis. Some times too strong LOD, so you always see the LOD stage changing, if you move. Too many low poly meshes. Bad made materials/texturing.

Ok, there is a lot more such things, and believe me, every game developer how also play EU will see that inseconds.
Some places are very nice level designed, and 200m away it looks like everything is placed in a rush and without any heart to the design. Armor looking outdated and always it is designed very low poly, so the avatar creation system strech the faces into the meshes to strong, what give a ugly look.

So, better rendering dont fix all this, but is a step into the right direction.
I hope this is a bit a help for the MA Level designer and artist's, if they read that post. If they want, they could contact me, and i will help do find all the issues. If i mine, i see alot bad designed things :)

Pretty thrilled by this announcement!

12 years later they start to update the graphics !

Hope it will come once a year instead of once a decade in the future.

This only show they start to understand what great tool they have at hand. Now let's hope they really start using and write things fitting this tool instead of copy pasting old bugged code.

If when implementing new stuff they get rid of the old bugged one I say thumbs up !

Still, a part of me says :

Liu, you're here since 2004, don't get hyped.

:duh:

12 years is quite fast IMO ...
Don't know how big the development team is at the moment, but one guy spending 1 hour per week for twelve years could do it (taking roughly 40 weeks per year because of holidays and sick leave). Their budget for things like that are too low (AKA "to many people are not depositing and spending enough in EU").
Pictures look nice and surely is nice that they actually are using more of the possibilities of Cryengine 2.
Really hope it does not break anything big before XMas Mayhem.
And I am sure this thread is going to be long because of the WinXP Laptop Users unable to play after it :D

Pretty thrilled by this announcement!

This only show they start to understand what great tool they have at hand.

no they dont.
if they would, they wont start with graphical nonsense.

Some years ago I was on the tram going home from a games convention and I caught myself thinking: wow, look at the details of that brickwork - nice graphics! Another bit of me answered: yeah, do do realise that is real life, don't you?
On the other hand, I've always preferred movement control accuracy and handling over fancy graphics. However, as a keen photographer, it's also nice to be able to set up reflections and lighting details on occasion too.

Will we get back the ability to drop items in the wild again now (or soon)?
Will we need assistants off camera to stand with various light sources equipped if we wish to play with lighting? ;)

...trying to have fun imagining the possible... but MA makes that hard. Oh, and for the second time on one computer recently, I got the invisible body bug on myself and was running around with legs only. Now that was a right laugh! :D

Great news - I hope this attracts some new players.

Looking forward to the update! :)

Nice, but why no avatars / mobs / action pics ? Will EU be a desert after new update ?

Please, please, please get rid of the "half-mob" glitch first! It wasn't so awful back when armor wasn't necessarily the most eco way to play, but now? Having 3 half feffoids beating on me while I finish the one that's fully rendered and thus hittable, yea no. Feffoid, atrox, arrgonaut, and shinkiba all have this glitch.

Please, please, please get rid of the "half-mob" glitch first! It wasn't so awful back when armor wasn't necessarily the most eco way to play, but now? Having 3 half feffoids beating on me while I finish the one that's fully rendered and thus hittable, yea no. Feffoid, atrox, arrgonaut, and shinkiba all have this glitch.

Are you playing in 1st or 3rd person view?

I can't find this game on google play?? w00t you guys don't have phones?!

I think the Virtual Tycoon app isn't compatible with the latest android release. Entropia Pocket still works. I'd love to hear a comment from a Dev about this.

There are plenty of color and texturing bugs to be fixed, cross fingers this is it.

:yay: Thanks in advance MA!! :yay:

Polished Chrome Texture was a casualty many years ago, it never regained its glory. I just hope to see it re-emerge after this upgrade! My coats never looked the same again.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes!

I am so excited to see the new graphics in action! Better physics for light? Yes! I can totally appreciate that in something that I stare at for hours every day. Here's to hoping a more modern renderer will yield better performance, higher frame rates etc. At the very least it's an excuse to play with all the settings and pay renewed attention to the game's appearance. Something an enthusiast like me totally enjoys! Good job MA! :yay:

Last time they did something like this, the really expensive clothing were fooked!

A gentle warning to all, MA are great at breaking textures. As this is a huge overhaul, be prepared!

Rgds

Ace

I lost 5400 peds on this........

Back