PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    You know, now that I look closer at the pictures It looks much worse.
    Untill I see it on my Monitor at home I can't make clear judgment.
    I'm gonna go on record that It seems more like a video nerf.
    Are they dumbing down the graphics for performance?
    Everything they are doing seems like it's to go after some lame Console crap.
    If you look at the picture of the city all the contrast is gone.
    The blacks are ugly and the whites are grey.
    I don't got a good feeling about this.

The graphics as they stand are some of the most beautifull landscapes Iv ever seen.
    If you kill off the contrasting colors it turns to mud.
    A friend of mine sold TVs for many years and the best sets had the best blacks.
    You don't get good Image without good blacks.

Hopefully the picture was taken without alot of contrast in the video settings during the screen capture.

Rock

Biggest notable differences in PA pictures (except colour and shadows) are the glass in the
    building where we get attributes and the platform out in the water.

Am I the only one voting for "before"?
    Please follow my not-so-active profile

TV :: https://www.twitch.tv/tiawatkins
    FB :: https://www.facebook.com/Tia.Tia.Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one voting for "before"?
    I'm not voting on anything until I've seen it ingame.

As for me, I would be very happy if the possibility of placing items on the ground was restored.
    Changes to the graphics are also welcome.

Best Regards,
    XII

As I said previously, it was not exactly a priority IMO.

But for those who say it looks better on "before" picture, it may be time to consult an ophthalmologist..

On PA picture it looks like there were a filter that has been removed, it's much more realistic after.
    Colors are better, look at the sky, look at the trees, and the water.

It makes even contrast and so definition better.
    Look at the "Port Atlantis" sign that you can't even read in the Before picture..
    Same for the blue flags.

And this white on buildings...
    Maybe I'll finally be able to play for two hours in a snowy place without it making me half blind for the rest of the day..

And the Bar picture is more about light.
    Look at chairs on first plan, this is black cube before, and it looks like illuminated brown leather after.
    The ground looks "dull" before, and check at the lampshade on the left.
    Light and shadow looks lot better after.

So I don't get people saying it looks better on before picture..

Now let's wait and see if it will really looks the same ingame, and I hope I will not have to lower my setting too much ingame..

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    As I said previously, it was not exactly a priority IMO.

But for those who say it looks better on "before" picture, it may be time to consult an ophthalmologist..

On PA picture it looks like there were a filter that has been removed, it's much more realistic after.
    Colors are better, look at the sky, look at the trees, and the water.

It makes even contrast and so definition better.
    Look at the "Port Atlantis" sign that you can't even read in the Before picture..
    Same for the blue flags.

And this white on buildings...
    Maybe I'll finally be able to play for two hours in a snowy place without it making me half blind for the rest of the day..

And the Bar picture is more about light.
    Look at chairs on first plan, this is black cube before, and it looks like illuminated brown leather after.
    The ground looks "dull" before, and check at the lampshade on the left.
    Light and shadow looks lot better after.

So I don't get people saying it looks better on before picture..

Now let's wait and see if it will really looks the same ingame, and I hope I will not have to lower my setting too much ingame..
    i, for myself, prefer a blueish shade, which is what it had before and not a red/orangish shade which it has after. when i see that everything looks like crap to me. and the PA picture before is a lot sharper than after. i dont like this instagram filter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    i, for myself, prefer a blueish shade, which is what it had before and not a red/orangish shade which it has after. when i see that everything looks like crap to me. and the PA picture before is a lot sharper than after. i dont like this instagram filter bullshit.
    The negative about having a discussion like this is that players montor can differ a lot
    in colours, I guess we all need calibrated monitors to have same colour gamut first.

If it gonna render midday then I want more blueish colours, at evening a more red/orange.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    The negative about having a discussion like this is that players montor can differ a lot
    in colours, I guess we all need calibrated monitors to have same colour gamut first.

If it gonna render midday then I want more blueish colours, at evening a more red/orange.
    Actually this is not the case. The actual color is not that important. The perception of color is. Your brain will adapt to whatever gamut your device has. The darkest color will be black, the lightest one will be white, and so on. The rest of the colors will be perceived by comparing with other colors. It will seem to be right, even if your monitor displays different colors than another monitor.
    When using a device, you do not compare with how it would look on another device that may have a more accurate render. All you compare is what you see in a specific frame with whatever it is in that frame.
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Actually this is not the case. The actual color is not that important. The perception of color is. Your brain will adapt to whatever gamut your device has. The darkest color will be black, the lightest one will be white, and so on. The rest of the colors will be perceived by comparing with other colors. It will seem to be right, even if your monitor displays different colors than another monitor.
    When using a device, you do not compare with how it would look on another device that may have a more accurate render. All you compare is what you see in a specific frame with whatever it is in that frame.
    I guess its a bit different from person to person. When I get photos fixed in PS Lr, and don't use a
    calibrated monitor, my work might look great on my monitor, but others that do have a calibrated
    monitor might wonder if I have been drunk. Same goes ofc for when I have done something in 3D.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast