PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess its a bit different from person to person. When I get photos fixed in PS Lr, and don't use a
    calibrated monitor, my work might look great on my monitor, but others that do have a calibrated
    monitor might wonder if I have been drunk. Same goes ofc for when I have done something in 3D.
    Right! If you make content for others, it is important. Same in music, if i make the master mix, i have to use the right speakers for that, to be sure it sounds right on other speakers too.

A zoomed in part from PA picture. With PBR it will (or should) look more real.
    Materials will look more real, e.g metal will look a lot more like metal.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I suppose it depends what hardware you are running as to how this update will affect you.

With a Radeon RX 470, I should think I will be able to go from Very High on DX 9 to Very High on DX 11.

As long as you aren't running Windows XP (and I should imagine 99%+ are on Vista or above) it should go relatively smoothly *fingers crossed*

With the VU 17.0 trailer picture showing on the client loader, I dont think we will have long to wait....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    As long as you aren't running Windows XP (and I should imagine 99%+ are on Vista or above) it should go relatively smoothly *fingers crossed*
    These are EU players we are talking about here ..... enough said.

everything gets softened with some kind of instagram filter. really looks like crap to me. i hate this softened shit. gimme my hard edges and crisp graphics back... and turn down the red tone... my eyes get cancer

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    I think a little softer is a good thing. Currently the ultra blinding whites and nights so dark you need to wear infra red goggles IRL to see anything are too much. A little less of both with more detail will be awesomesauce
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    A zoomed in part from PA picture. With PBR it will (or should) look more real.
    Materials will look more real, e.g metal will look a lot more like metal.
    Exatly what PBR is doing. It use some more grafic info to generate BPR, like raughness, metalic, AO etc. This also means, that the materials need to be designed for this. The red tone we can see, is made with a filter and have nothing to do with the materials. They could make the tone also looking more blue or greenish, if they want. It seams they choosed even more a red filter. So, if you ask me about that, i say, i also like the red tone not realy.

it looks exactly as if someone found out about reshade, experimented a bit with it and now integrates it into the game... that would also be exactly MAs kind of programming skills.

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

The upcoming release of Entropia Universe, scheduled for early December 2019, will include the biggest visual update of Entropia since the switch to CryEngine. This is a massive update that takes the engine to a whole new level, with modern physically based shading and greatly improved processing of light and colors.

Physically based shading enables MindArk and the Planet Partners to create assets that look better than ever before, since they interact with light in a way that's based on how it works in real life. Improved lighting, post processing, bloom and color curves gives the picture a natural and photographic appearance.

This is not an engine switch but an upgrade of the existing renderer so all gameplay systems are unaffected.

With this update we are sure that you will find some treats when you revisit your favourite areas throughout the Universe so head to the nearest teleporter or fuel up your spacecraft and go explore!

Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.

Originally Posted Here
    So, when is the update coming?

PS: Messi stfu and rtfm, no need for you to answer.
    Last edited by Liu; 11-29-2019 at 12:20. Reason: Addenda
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    I think a little softer is a good thing. Currently the ultra blinding whites and nights so dark you need to wear infra red goggles IRL to see anything are too much. A little less of both with more detail will be awesomesauce
    Speaking of "nights so dark", note it's much darker outside the window in the "after" picture.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast