PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Post Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

The upcoming release of Entropia Universe, scheduled for early December 2019, will include the biggest visual update of Entropia since the switch to CryEngine. This is a massive update that takes the engine to a whole new level, with modern physically based shading and greatly improved processing of light and colors.

Physically based shading enables MindArk and the Planet Partners to create assets that look better than ever before, since they interact with light in a way that's based on how it works in real life. Improved lighting, post processing, bloom and color curves gives the picture a natural and photographic appearance.

This is not an engine switch but an upgrade of the existing renderer so all gameplay systems are unaffected.

With this update we are sure that you will find some treats when you revisit your favourite areas throughout the Universe so head to the nearest teleporter or fuel up your spacecraft and go explore!

Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.

Originally Posted Here

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I hope this comes with performance improvements.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Last time they did something like this, the really expensive clothing were fooked!

A gentle warning to all, MA are great at breaking textures. As this is a huge overhaul, be prepared!

Rgds

Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope this comes with performance improvements.
    Yes, with a new improved "safe" setting so you can run on an even lower resolution to keep it smooth!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    A beautifully-crafted gun, realistic color and looks good with standard 2.9 DPP

OR

A fucking cube that can shoot bullets and has 5 DPP

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I know it will come with lots of bugs, but i look forward to the new upgrade. It still good that MA is still improving, even after years of playing players are still saying the game is dying or dead.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    A gentle warning to all, MA are great at breaking textures. As this is a huge overhaul, be prepared!

And from what I've seen, terrible at writing shaders. Let's hope for the best, though.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    Last time they did something like this, the really expensive clothing were fooked!

Rgds

Ace
    Might happen yes. :P Maybe we'll see a update in design on old clothes though.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
    Society
    GU ---> A&D ---> pk ck ---> OU ---> GU HQ ---> cks ---> Synergen ---> Guess Who
    Images
    i'm not sure if i should laugh, cry or getting pissed..

with all the current bugs existing for years making us lose peds, with the shitty loot that make us think to stop hunting forever and try other activities to cover our losses, with the current graphics that make most old pc users to play in low mode and still having graphic lags sometimes, with the current community and support system that they always answer with copy-paste answer and completely ignore you, hearing that MA spend time and focus on how to make the game looks better make me feel sad for the money i pay them for (losing here)..

good luck with that..

you know.. if the thief wears costum, that doesn't lower the pain of the loss..

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Pretty thrilled by this announcement!

12 years later they start to update the graphics !

Hope it will come once a year instead of once a decade in the future.

This only show they start to understand what great tool they have at hand. Now let's hope they really start using and write things fitting this tool instead of copy pasting old bugged code.

If when implementing new stuff they get rid of the old bugged one I say thumbs up !

Still, a part of me says :

Liu, you're here since 2004, don't get hyped.

Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast