Suggestion: use crafted components as ammo or probes

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Crafting is none existent. Apart from a few select items (amps, armatrix), there is mostly nothing worth while.

What if some new (crafted) weapons used crafted components instead of ammo? Or some new (crafted) finders, use crafted components instead of probes?

Obviously there would need to be balancing involved, but this might be a way to rejuvenate crafting again.

Rgds

Ace

Crafting is none existent. Apart from a few select items (amps, armatrix), there is mostly nothing worth while.

What if some new (crafted) weapons used crafted components instead of ammo? Or some new (crafted) finders, use crafted components instead of probes?

Obviously there would need to be balancing involved, but this might be a way to rejuvenate crafting again.

Rgds

Ace

While there are a ton of blueprints that are useless and not worth the time to craft (and it would be nice for MA to do something to stimulate these), there are also a lot of component blueprints that are now worth crafting as those components are used to craft the ArMatrix weapons/amps and the new Armor plates. Many of these have okay MU and the ones that have a very high MU, also have levels that will take a very long time to reach (and therefore will only be craftable by those dedicated to reaching those levels).

So saying there is nothing worth while just means that you haven't really looked into what you should be crafting.

But i agree that it would be nice for MA to find some use for those BP's that are just useless now. Even if its something like an upgrade mission, where you can trade in multiple rascal armors to get an adj rascal armor as an example. Or even new armor that requires a mixture of different armors, plates, components, textures, etc to craft.

They do have a lot of opportunities if they just put their thinking caps on.

Historically MindArk has had a trend of adding new items but not removing old obsolete items. The result is we have many blueprints in existence from a previous era which no longer apply to the (quite prolific) crafting which takes place today. MindArk has actually been making progress in this arena by incorporating many old BPs into the ArMatrix series, which has shown tremendous success. Yes there is work to be done and progress to be made, but it is a slow and steady process.

Yes, I would like to see more uses for crafted components, but I don't want to see them just jump into something and cause drastic ripples in a relatively fragile system.

Right?! Like what if they had some weapons that could use the explosive projectiles people craft all day...

Sarcasm aside... I think the only way it could work is if said weapons/finders conferred some sort of benefit over weapons/finders that don't use ammo with markup, otherwise what would be the point?

While there are a ton of blueprints that are useless and not worth the time to craft (and it would be nice for MA to do something to stimulate these), there are also a lot of component blueprints that are now worth crafting as those components are used to craft the ArMatrix weapons/amps and the new Armor plates. Many of these have okay MU and the ones that have a very high MU, also have levels that will take a very long time to reach (and therefore will only be craftable by those dedicated to reaching those levels).

So saying there is nothing worth while just means that you haven't really looked into what you should be crafting.

But i agree that it would be nice for MA to find some use for those BP's that are just useless now. Even if its something like an upgrade mission, where you can trade in multiple rascal armors to get an adj rascal armor as an example. Or even new armor that requires a mixture of different armors, plates, components, textures, etc to craft.

They do have a lot of opportunities if they just put their thinking caps on.

Agree here 100%

Also lots of resources are not even worth mining (thinking about Ark/RT) cause those BP's didn't drop for years, here again only used for components/amps (no armatrix on those planets).

They should introduce Weapon Cells IV Blueprint ;)

I would rather see some new (yeah :D) BPs that use a lot of excisting BPs to create
gear and ammo for PvP.
Combine old items with some components and get gear suited for PvP.
Combine components and pills to get anti toxic pills that last per hour instead of
per interaction, could excist from 24H to 30 days.
Combine explosives with components to get PvP-only ammo.
There are a lot that could be done, to increase interest for crafting and PvP,
even miners will gain from it.

I would rather see some new (yeah :D) BPs that use a lot of excisting BPs to create
gear and ammo for PvP.
Combine old items with some components and get gear suited for PvP.
Combine components and pills to get anti toxic pills that last per hour instead of
per interaction, could excist from 24H to 30 days.
Combine explosives with components to get PvP-only ammo.
There are a lot that could be done, to increase interest for crafting and PvP,
even miners will gain from it.

I like the idea with pills being crafted. It would be great if they removed pills and instead introduced cooking/chemistry profession where food would be certain advantages, and chemicals/pills would have others... but thats too much to ask for :)

Back