PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can confirm this issue. Noticed 25$ additional fee in this year but dont have any problem with it, hope my lovely MA took it, not bank!
    I'm not saying it was a bank, but it was a bank.
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.99 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Update:

I called Chase Bank and spoke to their Wires team (if you bank with Chase please note their business hours are different than the Checking team and it is an internal number so you have to start by calling checking or other customer service numbers). There were no 3rd party banks the money was going through, it was going directly between MindArk's bank and Chase bank. There is, however, an administrative issue going on here.

MindArk's bank has an account with Chase bank and they have an internal agreement which basically permits them to do debits from their Chase account rather than actually wiring the funds every time.
    The problem? Chase Bank charges a fee to MA's bank for this debit. This fee does not show up documented in any way on my end, and the only way I found out about it was by calling their wires department.
    The solution? MA's bank needs to put "OUR" under Field 71A in order for the fee not to be charged to the recipient. I have contactd Support and requested that they inform their bank to update that field, and will update here with my results.
    Last edited by Captain Jack; Yesterday at 07:13.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Received a reply from MA on my support case.

Hi,

When we send a withdrawal we always pay OUR banks fee but never the possible fee for the recipient.

This has been the case since we started. It is also described when you are making a withdrawal from your PED card in the FAQ on our website.

Your bank charge you this fee, which is not unusual - as it is a payment from abroad and they have administration because of this.

Kind regards,
    William, Entropia Universe Support - Economy
    So it seems I'm shit out of luck here. I'll start exploring other banking options and see if there's one that doesn't charge MA's bank additional fees that are hidden from my end. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know if it helps as I don't live in US but my hidden fee issues went away when I changed my withdrawal bank account from one in USD to one in EUR.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nakor of Boreft
    Society
    Knights of Redemption
    Wow!

As an EU citizen I'm very surprised by all this. Over here bank transfers between private accounts are not charged and on my business bank account I pay EUR 0.15 for each transfer out, EUR 0.05 for each transfer in. For international transfers in other currencies (in $ to my Chinese suppliers) I use currencyfair. It's an Irish trust with a bank account with the Bank of America. here I only pay $ 4 for a transfer to a bank in China.

$10, $15 or $25 seems insanely high...

Maybe MA should look into a cheaper way to handle finances. That could save a lot of time, money and frustration

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    found a new bank that only will cost 5 usd for incoming wires... beats the hell out of 40... now just got to talk my spouse in to moving over to the other bank.

still costly to go the other way but maybe Mindark will find some new solutions to that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4