Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
I'm fine with all that, sounds decent and reasonable

EXCEPT

One implant will be bought PER WEEK? One a week? So 52 avatars in the whole year, if these dev shoppers are consistent AND I can get my implant to the target MU..
wow thanks.

EXCEPT

One implant will be bought PER WEEK? One a week? So 52 avatars in the whole year, if these dev shoppers are consistent AND I can get my implant to the target MU..
wow thanks.

No he/she will have a look in auction once a week for skill implants. ;)

EXCEPT

wow thanks.

No, IMPLANTS will be bought once per week. All the implants on the AH.

Level of retardation in this forum has exceeded my wildest expectations :D

Wait until you discover rookie, discord or the worst of them all EP.

No, IMPLANTS will be bought once per week. All the implants on the AH.

Thanks for clarifying, and in my defense you do have to watch how MA writes things sometimes.
They have said they restock token trader items and don't. Hopefully we can all sell out skills - I know I don't have much.

Also I wanted to comment on people upset about their loses - it is a shame that what was invested in an item will not be returned in a sale of the item. I do have to say that it isn't something new however. I tiered up my ek-2600 to over tier three, and guess what, no one wants a tiered one - they only need the base one to upgrade to the improved or whatever. So now any MU on higher tiers is lost and to sell it I have to sell it at a price in line with tier zero. It's been the same way with other thing - UL armor that was rare, you tier up and higher value, but then MA makes the UL armor more common so the base value drops. Sounds like you are in the same boat I am - just on a higher level.

IMO tiering was never an eco choice and was there to get more output of your item. I never use damage enhancers - they are so expensive, they break often, and add decay to the weapon - that is $$$.
I do believe this change will be good for the future, but I agree with others that it is another step to devalue investments in the game that seems to continue to happen and that is bad.

Thanks for clarifying, and in my defense you do have to watch how MA writes things sometimes.
They have said they restock token trader items and don't. Hopefully we can all sell out skills - I know I don't have much.

Also I wanted to comment on people upset about their loses - it is a shame that what was invested in an item will not be returned in a sale of the item. I do have to say that it isn't something new however. I tiered up my ek-2600 to over tier three, and guess what, no one wants a tiered one - they only need the base one to upgrade to the improved or whatever. So now any MU on higher tiers is lost and to sell it I have to sell it at a price in line with tier zero. It's been the same way with other thing - UL armor that was rare, you tier up and higher value, but then MA makes the UL armor more common so the base value drops. Sounds like you are in the same boat I am - just on a higher level.

IMO tiering was never an eco choice and was there to get more output of your item. I never use damage enhancers - they are so expensive, they break often, and add decay to the weapon - that is $$$.
I do believe this change will be good for the future, but I agree with others that it is another step to devalue investments in the game that seems to continue to happen and that is bad.

you have no idea about purpose of tiering. you have no idea how enhancing works. you have no clue about definition of “investment”

Well, there isn't going to be much tiering if MA doesn't increase the drop rate of higher level tier components...

Id love to see the implementation of a efficiency enhancer.

I`m already capped on focus blow.

I have to read this a few times to get all aspects mentioned, but all in all any change which increases circulation (and probably MUs) is good news to me.

Great news good move MA :wtg::yay:

VU today:

I kill a puny, I break an enhancer I get extra loot from decay.

Next VU:

a) I kill a puny, I break an enhancer I get extra loot from decay + extra shrapnel ?
b) I kill a puny, I break an enhancer I get extra shrapnel only ?

Because if its b, then I dont see the change.

Overall I think its good change for most of the people, now you just have to give real solutions and answers to suport cases.

If anyone wants to test if under the current system enhancer tt is returned in loot, just kill some punies with a tiered puny gun and when a damage enhancer breaks see if the return is much different. 3+ pec average cost to kill a puny and the enhancer is 80 pec tt.

I misread you then, I thought you tested them allready and were making a statement.

Damm no, I wont go kill 20000000 punies :D

But many believe the TT of enhancers goes in loot since its decay after all.

Maybe all this time that decay wasent counted after all and will be counted from now on.

I misread you then, I thought you tested them allready and were making a statement.

Damm no, I wont go kill 20000000 punies :D

But many believe the TT of enhancers goes in loot since its decay after all.

Maybe all this time that decay wasent counted after all and will be counted from now on.

No, I have not tested. Maybe I will. Enhancer should break every 1500-2000 uses, per tier, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult.

It has been said before that enhancers breaking is not returned back in loot.

Damage Enhancers do increase the decay of a weapon and I would assume this would be returned back in loot.

It has been said before that enhancers breaking is not returned back in loot.

Damage Enhancers do increase the decay of a weapon and I would assume this would be returned back in loot.

Yeah but in the same time we are playing under cost/kill loot system so we can argue that you spent that enhancer while killing a mob therefore it can be returned in loot.

Yeah but in the same time we are playing under cost/kill loot system so we can argue that you spent that enhancer while killing a mob therefore it can be returned in loot.

Well next VU you will. 100% tt returend as shrapnel :woot:

Many pages later and I'm still an enhancer system noob. Is there any noticeable point in having, say, a tiered opalo and pixie, if other weaps and armours are available cheaply that do better anyway?

MA have said they are going to introduce armour level limitations at some point, but will that include limiting the plates that can be attached?

Is player progression soon to become much more difficult, such that a small gain, tier by tier, of stuff a growing player is levelled for, will make enough of a difference to be worthwhile in normal activities?

It's a new round number vu, by the way. I wonder what other big changes will justify that?

vvv- ah, yes Geo. I'm hoping for more non-cosmetic improvements ;)

Last edited:
Well next VU you will. 100% tt returend as shrapnel :woot:

In the next VU is indeed confirmed official and they make it public.In the same time just because they make it public it doesn't mean in the past it wasn't working like that.
There is a reason Mindark doesn't usually explain how their system works and it was nice back in the day when people had to figure that out alone by running all sorts of tests.It appears that in recent years millennials kicked in and they don't like the idea to test or to read a lot and they demand the code to be public so they just play and see immediate results.

... they don't like the idea to test or to read a lot and they demand the code to be public so they just play and see immediate results.

I understand your sentiment, but it's very hard to test for outcomes when they are pretty rare for any individual anyway, or the results can be moved along a slider by 5% or so by just one rare event (hof).
Testing properly should also involve changing one thing at a time and trying again. Statistically I have sometimes killed 10k mobs one way and another 10k another way and not been able to call out anything with reasonable certainty. And just when you have done enough tests, MA goes and changes how things work, duh! :wtg: = reset.

I feel it's like asking lottery winners if they used a particular system that they might be able to repeat. The chances are that it was chance, not a system, that brought them their win.

Because all the efforts and everything Mindark does they breath one thing through all sources : TURNOVER PEDS ! BE ACTIVE ! and you will be rewarded.

You might be a bit new to the game, so I'm just informing you about this:

Shrapnels can be sold to the TT.
No need to turn them over.

I think you're referring to UA (universal ammo).

Didn't your mentor teach you this? :scratch2:

You might be a bit new to the game, so I'm just informing you about this:

Shrapnels can be sold to the TT.
No need to turn them over.

I think you're referring to UA (universal ammo).

Didn't your mentor teach you this? :scratch2:

he is too new to know these things. i mean he is here for like 3 years or so... not like 2005 or something like most of us. he just doesnt know any better

All this concern about broken enhancers could be fixed simply by making the broken enhancer alert less irritating. No need for a whole new system. :laugh:

Back