Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

Thats just good! But, do we also get some more ESI in loot, while everyone try to sell this skills?

The game is Real cash economy for a reason.You interact with other players or the market to buy and sell different things.

Well done :thumbup:

It is nice to see things change in the right direction and also to see that, overall, the majority of the community is satisfied.

:tiphat:

So when is next vu?
Bartha Bot will notify you 1 day before the update. I expect it on 3rd December or 10th December . I really doubt any officials will tell the release date too soon.

Bartha Bot will notify you 1 day before the update. I expect it on 3rd December or 10th December . I really doubt any officials will tell the release date too soon.

They already said its early december.

Looks like a nice upgrade. Will be interesting to see what MU on on tiering material is going to be like.

Personally, I wonder what happens to the tt value of enhacers right now? I did always asume that it would come back in my loot somehow… So only if that wasn't the case it would be an improvement. Else it is just a little more hassle when keeping track.

Great changes - thank you! :)

Looks like a nice upgrade. Will be interesting to see what MU on on tiering material is going to be like.

Personally, I wonder what happens to the tt value of enhacers right now? I did always asume that it would come back in my loot somehow… So only if that wasn't the case it would be an improvement. Else it is just a little more hassle when keeping track.

I believe dmg enhancers in loot 2.0 was always return in the loot (just tt value) however Mindark now just tell you straight and you can probably see the shrapnel in your inventory once the enhancer break while probably back in the day you fill the loot pool and later on they got paid by a larger global/hof.
What essentially mindark does now, they tell you straight , here are your peds new player, you no longer have to do tests, you don't have to trust the system just take this shrapnell and keep shooting.
The more time passes Mindark become straight public about most of their systems in place.They even told us how much their cut is % which is unprecedented.
We are facing with millennial players the one who google how to make money in a video game who trust no one and have no cash.None of them read or do tests they want straight result on their ped card in a very short period of time and demands equality when their input is all time low.

Incredible. Well done MA! :yay:

More MU on mats, and more tiered stuff :D

upgrading_car.jpg

I guess tier upgrading just became a lot more popular... ;)

I must say this sux badly for me personally after tiering my gun to 10 and got 13 ped back out of 8-9k with mu.
since the tiers value is basically lost now.

If it turns out it devalues the gun alot this might be the final nail in the coffin since they ripoff the ones that actually invest in gear in this game.

Thank you for clarifying that investing in your avatar or the gear is a pointless venture. I will be sure do not deposit ever again.

On the surface this is a good change, but to leave out compensation for those of use who spent over 50k peds (70k total for me so far) in tier costs recently with 2.0 weapons at the expense of catering to those who refused to invest in the game to upgrade the same weapons....is weak to say the least.

Yay me I get to wake up to realizing I lost peds by being the idiot that actually invested to play. This easy mode BS is doomed.

I will still play until it is all dried up or withdrawn, just realize that it is your idiocy that lost a dedicated player.

I played Entropia for challenge. You guys are killing any challenges I enjoyed. The grind to build for tiers, and get that cost back over time, the mission system...are now a joke.

Whats even more sad is they don't even realize how they are shooting themselves in the foot. So expect the 2.0 weapons to get nerfed, as teiring will be too easy, and they will lose money when everyone gets to T10 without any real investment.

With tier costs, it was a 3 year payback....with no tier costs... you all lose as 50 2.0 weapons will siphon from the rest of the game, and nothing to slow it down, and no need to grind back those costs, leaving a lot more part time players than even now in just a couple years time. (as it is, I havn't needed to deposit for months anyhow despite these costs, nerf almost guaranteed)

Compensation for some of these higher costs would have been appreciated in any form...thank you for clarifying your complete lack of concern for this set of players.

Last edited:
While this change is good news for items that will be upgraded in the future i wish they would have tweaked the original system instead.

They could have added more non liniar return of TT value on the tiring profession level for example level 50 = 80% tt return and level 100 = 100% tt return and made the skill gains a lot higher, even adding skill gains when (L) stuff tier up and introducing some easy to tier gear that could be used for skilling actively the profession while using up stuff that have close to zero mu right now.

That coupled with an raise of existing tiring profession levels for all players based on the tt values to reflect the new and more easy skill gains so nobody is losing progress or getting their dedication devalued.

And while it's a dead horse now i still like to add i loved the idea of item consumtion while tiring up but instead of another item of the same level they could have used the (L) counterparts regardless of the remaining tt on those items and instead of the need for another tier 7 gun to upgrade a tier 7 gun they could have used 7 (L) guns regardless of remaining tt value on them.

But i guess its water under the bridge

anyways good move Mindark

somewhat

I like this from the mining perspective in terms of getting enhancer TT back. I normally don't use all my depth enhancers, but now that I'd only pay MU (basically a 50% reduction in enhancer costs), I'll always max out depth.

I like this from the mining perspective in terms of getting enhancer TT back. I normally don't use all my depth enhancers, but now that I'd only pay MU (basically a 50% reduction in enhancer costs), I'll always max out depth.

Exactly, so I think this will be great for the economy overall, more crafting of enhancers and tiering of items means more resources and mats used by players, means better mu for miners and hunters.

Kudos MA, this is a very nice change, I've been thinking lately that tiering is just too expensive and not worth it but this will require I re-evaluate this entirely, like kingofaces said above.

Thank you for clarifying that investing in your avatar or the gear is a pointless venture. I will be sure do not deposit ever again.

On the surface this is a good change, but to leave out compensation for those of use who spent over 50k peds (70k total for me so far) in tier costs recently with 2.0 weapons at the expense of catering to those who refused to invest in the game to upgrade the same weapons....is weak to say the least.

Yay me I get to wake up to realizing I lost peds by being the idiot that actually invested to play. This easy mode BS is doomed.

I will still play until it is all dried up or withdrawn, just realize that it is your idiocy that lost a dedicated player.

I played Entropia for challenge. You guys are killing any challenges I enjoyed. The grind to build for tiers, and get that cost back over time, the mission system...are now a joke.

Whats even more sad is they don't even realize how they are shooting themselves in the foot. So expect the 2.0 weapons to get nerfed, as teiring will be too easy, and they will lose money when everyone gets to T10 without any real investment.

With tier costs, it was a 3 year payback....with no tier costs... you all lose as 50 2.0 weapons will siphon from the rest of the game, and nothing to slow it down, and no need to grind back those costs, leaving a lot more part time players than even now in just a couple years time. (as it is, I havn't needed to deposit for months anyhow despite these costs, nerf almost guaranteed)

Compensation for some of these higher costs would have been appreciated in any form...thank you for clarifying your complete lack of concern for this set of players.

This 2.0 meta was like > if u had a gun and with it you were not able to win your Mayhem category then tiering was not worthed. You did tier to a 90 dps weapon when you are in cat 10. So was just a bad investment. I dont see myself paying 2-3% of total cost in enhancers (at least those numbers i got from using imk2/lp70 fen lately) for daily hunts.

As one (of many) who invested tremendous amounts of PED into the tiering of high end items, this update is bittersweet to me. Personal bias aside, this is a huge change and I believe a very positive one for the game overall.

I do have to ask, however, why is it that only the (L) items are going to break enhancers far less often?

Your high-tiered weapons will continue to perform just as they did before. Probably better, in fact, as you'll lose less on enhancer breakage.

Your high-tiered weapons will continue to perform just as they did before. Probably better, in fact, as you'll lose less on enhancer breakage.

They didn't say anything about enhancer breakage on UL items.

I guess he ment tt value there. ;)
Now its more interesting for me to use enhancers on the Adj V1 due to that.

They did, they said you'd get the TT back.

It's likely that the markup on the enhancers will go up too, of course, which is why I said "probably".

They did, they said you'd get the TT back.

It's likely that the markup on the enhancers will go up too, of course, which is why I said "probably".

Yeah I understand now that its clear you get tt back from enhancer.I stated before and always believed that tt from enhancers are paid in loot, now its a certain fact.
I don't think they will touch the enhancer break rate on UL items though.Their vision on dmg enhancers to be used on a daily basis is non existent.
They believe that you should hunt with dmg enhancers on your birthday and new years eve only, its more like an luxury item.

Enhancers will get extra % at first glance but won't last long because people using poor tools will still lose using them

To add on to my previous point, the players who invested in the tiers for loot 2.0 guns are just asking for a fair playing field for the amount of peds we put in the weapons.

Someone can now tier a bc80 to the same tier as me, for a fraction of the cost it took for me to get it there. So it does seem a bit unfair doesn't it?

I do have to ask, however, why is it that only the (L) items are going to break enhancers far less often?

As when using a UL finder, the break rate was a lot less (like 50% less) then when using a L finders and I suppose it's the same with weapons.

Back