Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

Any plans to compensate those who have thrown in quite a large number of peds to Tier Loot 2.0 guns?

(I know there won't be, but does kind of suck for some of us out there who have been doing tiering).

For the F-106, every tier was payed back in less than 10 day's so no worries here.

As for weapons, I know some payed like 20-30 K or even a lot more to tier 1 up more so those will not be very happy I suppose.

TT value back as shrap (oh boy wait for the whining from the folk that don't use shrap.. why not just ped/pec.

Maybe you're confusing shrapnel with universal ammo. Shrap can be tt'd, so it's essentially the same thing as PED. Or it can often times be sold quickly on #trade for around 100.4%, so it's slightly better than pure PED. :)

I like it, the main barrier to tiering some of my items is the cost of mats that are needed, but it they are going to be returned at TT value that is great. Just the MU of the items required to be considered now which is affordable.

And the enhancers change is a big yippee from me!!!

and the refund of skills is great too! Keep it up MA

Which is why none I guess or else MA would go bankrupt

Well if they use a system like the one I mentioned, they don't have to pay a single PED.
If they gonna compensate us with shrapnel, they will not gain much if we use tokens or
ingredients, some players will lose some trades, others will gain from it.
There will be a time for development of the system though, that could be seen as a "cost".

Also, can you adjust the enhancer breakage rates on Loot 2.0 weapons and just L weapons? Thanks

Also, can you adjust the enhancer breakage rates on Loot 2.0 weapons and just L weapons? Thanks

That would be a nice buff for loot 2.0 weapons -- which would help alleviate some of the losses those owners have taken from having spent a lot of PED on tiering costs. Not a bad suggestion. I'd be on board with something like that. It's well known that loot 2.0 gear has been ridiculously costly to tier up.

Full disclosure, I don't own a loot 2.0 weapon, nor am I in the process of acquiring one soon.

[h=3]Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes[/h]

A second decimal place has been added to item Tier Levels. After the Version Update, all existing items will have a 9 added in the second decimal place. For example, an item that currently has a Tier Level of 3.9 will have a Tier Level of 3.99 after the VU.

Really looking forward for this

Yes why not? Only one losing on this could be the one selling materials to enhancer BP
and enhancers, other than that it would not have such a big impact.

I havent been involved in tiering . . . why have people lost money? Surely the amount of stuff needed to tier has not changed? So you will still need a shit load of peds to tier an item?

Rgds

A little confused Ace

I havent been involved in tiering . . . why have people lost money? Surely the amount of stuff needed to tier has not changed? So you will still need a shit load of peds to tier an item?

Rgds

A little confused Ace

After the update you will get all the tt cost back as shrapnel. Huge difference.

Rgds

A little confused Ace

With old system TT value of ingridients are gone, with new system you get TT value back
and can be used as ammo. ;)

Great news !

So graphics and gameplay updates at the same time !

We need these updates more often please.

Reactions: Izz

Rgds

A little confused Ace

You will still need the items to tier. But the TT value is returned to you as shrapnel. So really the only thing you're paying for is the MU of whatever you used to tier.

Cheers

You will still need the items to tier. But the TT value is returned to you as shrapnel. So really the only thing you're paying for is the MU of whatever you used to tier.

Cheers

(And thankyou to the other replies!)

Ahhh, thank you! I was very confused.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: that is a huge difference in cost!!!!! Maybe that's why they added the extra decimal place, to make the tiering up progress slower?

Last edited:
Whoever ya hired to make these changes give him/her a raise. Genius change for the long term, both for you and for the players. Nice of ya to give compensation too for tier upgrader skill. Normally ya just don't give a fuck. +Rep from me.

Now please re-balance pile of opals.. Many items people don't tier because of pile of opals being so damn expensive.

Gotta be honest, bittersweet pill to swallow, though I'm in a better position than others as I didn't hit the go button on tier 7-10 yet on the bc80.

But that's about ~20k tt I'd like to have had back.

I would love to have my stable building.

Will be nice for regular supply and demand ...

But it will devalue items that are currently high tier :D

The cheaper tier up makes them cheaper, but the cheaper enhancer usage may increase the demand for high tier items, so im not sure.

Ok, am I understanding this part correctly:

So, I can just wait, and my skills will be converted into a chip that MA buys from me and I don't have to do anything? This method saves me the cost of an ESI chip, right?

Or, I can chip out my skills and sell them on the AH if I want PED before 2020. Which, this method is far worse given the option to just wait and let MA cover the ESI fee. The only way I see this option of value is for tier upgrading skill chips that already exist, or in the case someone is broke and needs PED now.

Am I understanding this right? Is that how you guys read it as well?

I'm a bit confused on that to.
Do I chip it out and let MA buy it now, or wait and it will be brought when they remove the skills automatically.

* nice change going forward, sucks in retrospect for the tiering addicts like myself especially on high dpp weapons
* it would be nice to adjust the material used for tiering drop rates, e.g. opals, tier components (3, 7, 8, 9, 10 comes to mind)
** perhaps it would be an idea to drop them (not too many though) in the seasonal instances depending on the instance level
* and, while knowing where an item is with 2 digits is a nice improvement, still with some like faps taking a year or so to move 0.1 with daily use, the rate itself needs to be adapted

I'm a bit confused on that to.
Do I chip it out and let MA buy it now, or wait and it will be brought when they remove the skills automatically.

Tier Upgrade Profession
Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.
In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

Here is your answer :)

Start dropping opals and we are all good :)

Start dropping opals and we are all good :)

Yeah, I'm stucked on most parts that need opals for tier 3 and 4.
I guess they could tweak it so explosive BPs can generate opals at a decent amount
and it would be solved quite easy. ;)

The changes are interesting but theres still an issue imo with enhancers. High lvl weapons get more bang for the buck out of them. And low lvl weapons like z12 etc dont even make sense to tier cuz theres not a chance in hell of looting anything to compensate for the cost of an enh breaking. Break rates should skew at least a little so low lvl items break less than high lvl items imo to make using them on small stuff feasable.

weapons/armor will get cheaper! Perfect patch for new players, decent patch for old players with good gear

The changes are interesting but theres still an issue imo with enhancers. High lvl weapons get more bang for the buck out of them. And low lvl weapons like z12 etc dont even make sense to tier cuz theres not a chance in hell of looting anything to compensate for the cost of an enh breaking. Break rates should skew at least a little so low lvl items break less than high lvl items imo to make using them on small stuff feasable.

Yea its very primitive system. Breaking should not be based on uses but on some more specific numbers that gives some chance to weapons with high attack speed and low dmg.

I would like to see the break rate adjusted for UL items and not only L gear. Many people have heavily invested into UL gear, it seems like somewhat of a punishment their enh breakrate is higher. They have already had to pay for the tiers where L gear, teirs just unlock automatically.

Please don't get it twisted. Im not bitching, just pointing out a viewpoint.

I think this is one of the best moves made in a long time for the whole economy. It promotes tiering which also raises demand for tiering resources, raising mu of some mining and hunting loot.

In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

Thats just good! But, do we also get some more ESI in loot, while everyone try to sell this skills?

This is excellent news. Great work MindArk! :beerchug:

Back