Server Downtime for Release

First :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, hope all go well dont forget to add some nice loot :)

5gb release might require 20% of playerbase to change their pc.
Be careful. KYC

Reactions: Geo
5.1 GB wooot my broadband is going to explode :)

Tomorrow I will have to forget about WiFi and use rj45 ... ?

Be careful. KYC

I bought parts to build a new PC on Black Friday in preparation for this version update :wtg:
Guess I got some assembling to do tonight. :laugh:

no Black friday , no Cyber monday so instead VU Tuesday :D

Ludvig the graphics advanced setting we have now are going to reset ?

Be careful. KYC
You can get a 1 TB SSD for under $100 now. Just saying.

graphics engine update was supposed to not require adjustment of existing graphics so this must be atleast 4.5gb of non graphic updates right ? ;)
tier system changes
planet partner updates for arkadia/cyrene/etc
maybe codex rollout to other planets

maybe even 50mb left in that for galactic transport mission system, warpgatepoint fix and bossmobs in space right ? wouldnt need much data to put some highlvl mobs in black void surely ;)

Nice! Fingers crossed that the implementation of the patch is smooth.

Be careful. KYC

Well one can never be sure but things in this VU were released 2010 so most should have
a PC that can handle it. ;)

Well one can never be sure but things in this VU were released 2010 so most should have
a PC that can handle it. ;)

If you are running on Windows XP, (I'm sure there are still a few on this OS) or earlier, the new engine will not run on these as it uses DirectX 11 and is not compatible with those operating systems.

If you are running on Windows XP, (I'm sure there are still a few on this OS) or earlier, the new engine will not run on these as it uses DirectX 11 and is not compatible with those operating systems.

Thats why I wrote "most would have". ;) Since MS will stop supporting XP in january maybe
it's time to upgrade PC anyway. :)

graphics engine update was supposed to not require adjustment of existing graphics so this must be atleast 4.5gb of non graphic updates right ?

You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures - even if you just run them through an automated conversion. What makes you think this would not require adjustment of existing graphics?

Thats why I wrote "most would have". ;) Since MS will stop supporting XP in january maybe
it's time to upgrade PC anyway. :)

You're only off by about 6 years - MS stopped supporting XP in April 2014, when it was officially EOL.

Be careful. KYC

whatever he says! :laugh:

and KYC, really. you aren't as stupid as you look usually, i really believe it!!! :(

graphics engine update was supposed to not require adjustment of existing graphics so this must be atleast 4.5gb of non graphic updates right ? ;)
tier system changes
planet partner updates for arkadia/cyrene/etc
maybe codex rollout to other planets

maybe even 50mb left in that for galactic transport mission system, warpgatepoint fix and bossmobs in space right ? wouldnt need much data to put some highlvl mobs in black void surely ;)

hopefully they squeezed 5mb in there for a space boss spawner n texture =p

You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures .

Not the texture get adjusted. The Materials get adjusted to use PBR :)
Thats a different. PBR also use some more textures with rougthness, metalic, and AO and high info into it.

This dude on the picture is made with PBR

Last edited:
You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures - even if you just run them through an automated conversion. What makes you think this would not require adjustment of existing graphics?

You're only off by about 6 years - MS stopped supporting XP in April 2014, when it was officially EOL.

LoL yeah, should have been Win 7... :D Blaming on that I'm tired (haven't slept in approx
31h )

Well you can release a PBR without adjusting albedo and specular, but whats the point? ;)

Not the texture get adjusted. The Materials get adjusted to use PBR :)

Ideally the materials, texture, and lighting would all be properly adjusted; but I take your point. :)

Your screenshots are always quite lovely, hope we get to see your game finished at some point.

Early Christmas Present.
:yay:
We also get the Enhancer puzzification.
I'm not really upset about this change.
They break all the time, and for sure a frustration.
That being said

Is the added participation in enhancers and tiering going to off set the breakage rate?
Are the people who are too cheap to tier up a weapon all of a sudden going to use enhancers?
This was a pretty big ped drain to have an advantage.

With Loot 2.0 supposedly taking into account tier levels enhancers etc..
Is it all just BS and there will be no advantage for players who spend money?
2.0 was supposed to reward the hardcore, not the causal L player, and to offset beginners luck.
L items don't have to be upgraded so seems like someone gets another free ride?
Will our tierd U stuff become worthless now?

Rock

Back