PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21

  2. #22
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    865
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    graphics engine update was supposed to not require adjustment of existing graphics so this must be atleast 4.5gb of non graphic updates right ?
    You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures - even if you just run them through an automated conversion. What makes you think this would not require adjustment of existing graphics?


    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats why I wrote "most would have". Since MS will stop supporting XP in january maybe
    it's time to upgrade PC anyway.
    You're only off by about 6 years - MS stopped supporting XP in April 2014, when it was officially EOL.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  3. #23
    Old Alpha theProphet's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Austria / Vienna
    Avatar
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Posts
    1,008
    Images
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5gb release might require 20% of playerbase to change their pc.
    Be careful. KYC
    whatever he says!

    and KYC, really. you aren't as stupid as you look usually, i really believe it!!!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

  4. #24
    Dominant mspatterson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    XXX ViPô₩₳₹₱
    Avatar
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    457
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    graphics engine update was supposed to not require adjustment of existing graphics so this must be atleast 4.5gb of non graphic updates right ?
    tier system changes
    planet partner updates for arkadia/cyrene/etc
    maybe codex rollout to other planets

    maybe even 50mb left in that for galactic transport mission system, warpgatepoint fix and bossmobs in space right ? wouldnt need much data to put some highlvl mobs in black void surely
    hopefully they squeezed 5mb in there for a space boss spawner n texture =p
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

  5. #25
    Dominant mspatterson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    XXX ViPô₩₳₹₱
    Avatar
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    457
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by theunicate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bertha
    U totally stole the bombardier logo bro!!! =p
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

  6. #26
    Dominant mspatterson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    XXX ViPô₩₳₹₱
    Avatar
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    457
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're only off by about 6 years - MS stopped supporting XP in April 2014, when it was officially EOL.
    yeh but.... what about unofficially? =p
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

  7. #27
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,248
    Images
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures .
    Not the texture get adjusted. The Materials get adjusted to use PBR
    Thats a different. PBR also use some more textures with rougthness, metalic, and AO and high info into it.

    This dude on the picture is made with PBR
    Last edited by trance; 12-02-2019 at 20:48.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't just flip a switch and start using PBR without adjusting your textures - even if you just run them through an automated conversion. What makes you think this would not require adjustment of existing graphics?




    You're only off by about 6 years - MS stopped supporting XP in April 2014, when it was officially EOL.
    LoL yeah, should have been Win 7... Blaming on that I'm tired (haven't slept in approx
    31h )

    Well you can release a PBR without adjusting albedo and specular, but whats the point?

  9. #29
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    865
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not the texture get adjusted. The Materials get adjusted to use PBR

    Ideally the materials, texture, and lighting would all be properly adjusted; but I take your point.


    Your screenshots are always quite lovely, hope we get to see your game finished at some point.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  10. #30
    Early Christmas Present.

    We also get the Enhancer puzzification.
    I'm not really upset about this change.
    They break all the time, and for sure a frustration.
    That being said

    Is the added participation in enhancers and tiering going to off set the breakage rate?
    Are the people who are too cheap to tier up a weapon all of a sudden going to use enhancers?
    This was a pretty big ped drain to have an advantage.

    With Loot 2.0 supposedly taking into account tier levels enhancers etc..
    Is it all just BS and there will be no advantage for players who spend money?
    2.0 was supposed to reward the hardcore, not the causal L player, and to offset beginners luck.
    L items don't have to be upgraded so seems like someone gets another free ride?
    Will our tierd U stuff become worthless now?

    Rock

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook