Entropia Universe 17.0 Release Notes

This is crap...
Ill save my judgement and keep trying for a while.
I have a really bad feeling about this.
This is not what they say it is.

This is a nerf to 1080-P
Notice all the new resolutions?

All bad!!

Reactions: Izz
I tried it on low budget PC and high end PC, so far so good. Few items need work, but considering the amount of assets in game it will be fixed soon or later.

Platform

[*] Fullscreen mode is now always windowed fullscreen.

game is set 1280x800 full , when toggle cursor mode it pops up at 640x400
but at postiton 640x400 of mine desktop res2650x1600
not in middle of screen but way up / left position

Brightness and Gamma are not enough to make this game look good. Every other game I have installed looks great right out out of the box or at least give you the tools to make it look great. The only option I have is to adjust the system to accommodate EU? I don't think so. These people have good intentions but apparently have no idea how to go about delivering a quality product. One more disappointment that reduces my enjoyment of playing for the fun of it.

Every single time the suck ups say 'give it time'. If they knew what they were doing, there wouldn't be this mass of problems in the first place at a release date. Apparently, we ARE the beta testers. MA just doesn't bother to tell us that.

Take some PED out of your PED Card and look at it.

Some observations and impressions:

Rocks and metal look so much more realistic. Look at this rock!

Like, tons better! The metal vehicles that I always thought were just white and plastic looking, looks far better all "chromed" up and metal like.

At some angles the armor looks a lot more impressive and more detailed (while at other angles it looks far worse).

My hair and ass have never looked this good ;) ty VU17.

Now, let's be real here for a minute. Shadows have turned Pudding's face into a thing of nightmares!

I've got this banging digital bod, and this wretched face that scares small children. I'm now what you call a "butterface", everything about my appearance is desirable, "but my face". I really didn't want VU17 to turn me into a "Moped", but it did. Oh? You don't know what a moped is? It's that little scooter that's so much fun to ride, but you'd never want your friends seeing you on it! That's me! It's like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! Did my face implode with plastic??? What's wrong with me? Will my mother still let me come home for Christmas? I'm having an identity crisis... I had to log out. I've gone through a box of tissues, and I've called in sick for work tomorrow. I won't sleep, and I'll probably just gorge myself with plastic tomorrow, because we all know where it's going... Straight to my face! :mad:

Take a look!
butterface.jpg

Last edited:
I know I got screwed out of my analog setup now.
The whole thing seems very light on pixels.
My fonts are blown out, and that's indicative of digital LCD screens.
All the bright psychedelic colors are gone.
The world has lost it's sparkle.
Physically based rendering is photo realistic.
I went and looked at the tezelapods :-( sad.
They were the coolest looking mobs as far as color.
It's like MA got hold of some bad acid.
Even the spaceship trails are gone.

Some observations and impressions:

Rocks and metal look so much more realistic. Look at this rock!

Like, tons better! The metal vehicles that I always thought were just white and plastic looking, looks far better all "chromed" up and metal like.

At some angles the armor looks a lot more impressive and more detailed (while at other angles it looks far worse).

My hair and ass have never looked this good ;) ty VU17.

Now, let's be real here for a minute. Shadows have turned Pudding's face into a thing of nightmares!

I've got this banging digital bod, and this wretched face that scares small children. I'm now what you call a "butterface", everything about my appearance is desirable, "but my face". I really didn't want VU17 to turn me into a "Moped", but it did. Oh? You don't know what a moped is? It's that little scooter that's so much fun to ride, but you'd never want your friends seeing you on it! That's me! It's like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! Did my face implode with plastic??? What's wrong with me? Will my mother still let me come home for Christmas? I'm having an identity crisis... I had to log out. I've gone through a box of tissues, and I've called in sick for work tomorrow. I won't sleep, and I'll probably just gorge myself with plastic tomorrow, because we all know where it's going... Straight to my face! :mad:

Take a look!
butterface.jpg

Yes, some things look good/great, but many items need work. My armor is :(. There is a lot of blandness. And the overall lighting needs adjustment.

Hmm, your face color reminds me of some politician. Cant quite place it though...

Take a look!
butterface.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know I got screwed out of my analog setup now.

I normally try to ignore your posts because I can't tell if this is some long-running troll act or you just belong in an institution, but the curiosity is killing me on this one and I have to know what you mean by your "analog setup". :confused:

...Fullscreen mode is now always windowed fullscreen...

I can't believed I missed this, but this is the root cause of FPS loss. Playing in windows fullscreen mode is NOT fullscreen mode.
Everyone should be seeing ~50% loss in FPS.
Major performance issue not being able to play in fullscreen!!!

Black Screen

So, noone else had black screen on login screen?

At least not me.
Tho, try to put the same resolution on your computer screen as your entropia Universe game. The difference between the two resolutions gave me a few glitches on the first couple of logins.

Computer screen 4k, game 2k, issues.
Computer screen 2k, game 2k, works fine.

At least not me.
Tho, try to put the same resolution on your computer screen as your entropia Universe game. The difference between the two resolutions gave me a few glitches on the first couple of logins.

Computer screen 4k, game 2k, issues.
Computer screen 2k, game 2k, works fine.

Running your monitor at anything other than the native resolution causes screen scaling, and will degrade the image quality. You should go the other way around and set the resolution of your game to match your monitor.

I had the same issue.
Clearing cache and shaders resolved the issue for me.

You can do this by going into your Planet data folder and removing the cache folder under shaders and the icon folder under cache.

The default path for these folders are:
C:\ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data\shaders
C:\ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data\cache

You can find your folder path in your client loader under the tool sections "Folders" tab.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?313142-Issue-notice-regarding-Shaders-Icons-and-Graphical-issues

Last edited:
Creatures killed by automated turrets, drowned, or despawned by the system will return loot in the form of Shrapnel, when appropriate.

MA should better take a look at this before is too late. It might transform in a big exploit. Imagine if somebody shoot 2 time in a Osseo stalker for example and then let the turret kill it and repeat on and on and on , if this thing give you ped back should be only the input ped and hopefully it cannot give you multipliers like big hofs and hopefully it’s not giving big update on the codex progress. If not we will see boots using barbarella near the turret day and night.

Did a quick small test for you, 10 kills on Armax Bull, using one shot only per creature (whether hit or dodge), then turreted. Used BC-45 which has 1527 (0.1527ped) ammo burn. No codex gain and no old mission gain. Return was the same for each kill 0.1211 ped in shrapnel. Not sure about multi's as this was a small test, but considering it was the same return every time, i would say multi's are unlikely. I'm not going to sit there wasting ped until i get a multi with no codex gains. The return is also lower than the cost as weapon decay was not included and ammo burn not entirely returned either. Also tried shooting mob to 1/4 life left then turreted (which was 9 shots and returned 1.0899 ped in shrapnel), and no gain on codex/old mission either.

So looks like they properly tested this before implementing it to make sure there wasn't an exploit....or they got lucky!

I don't personally need it, but it might help others. My guess is all it's doing is calling the WinAPI function SetWindowLongPtr() and setting a new windows style with the WS_SIZEBOX flag. For applications that don't have a fluid layout or don't respond to WM_SIZE messages, it probably won't do much, but should work for DX apps.

Did a quick small test for you, 10 kills on Armax Bull, using one shot only per creature (whether hit or dodge), then turreted. Used BC-45 which has 1527 (0.1527ped) ammo burn. No codex gain and no old mission gain. Return was the same for each kill 0.1211 ped in shrapnel. Not sure about multi's as this was a small test, but considering it was the same return every time, i would say multi's are unlikely. I'm not going to sit there wasting ped until i get a multi with no codex gains. The return is also lower than the cost as weapon decay was not included and ammo burn not entirely returned either. Also tried shooting mob to 1/4 life left then turreted (which was 9 shots and returned 1.0899 ped in shrapnel), and no gain on codex/old mission either.

So looks like they properly tested this before implementing it to make sure there wasn't an exploit....or they got lucky!

Any amp, sights, scope? If not that's about a 73% tt return.

Others have complained and I'll add mine:

Can we please get an option to get rid of the red text in the middle of the screen and put it back in the chat?

Others have complained and I'll add mine:

Can we please get an option to get rid of the red text in the middle of the screen and put it back in the chat?

horrible_red_text.jpg

I think the Red text does have a use for genuinely important information (server going down for example) but if you hunt and often switch weapons, it's extremely irritating.

Can we have an option to turn it off? Thanks.

Last edited:
where did auto loot on LARA go? or am i the only one missing it now?

NVM, someone answered

start the fixes already :)

That red text in the middle of the screen is annoying AF. Please make it optional. All the useless info pops up, even the weird "This person cannot be a disciple" bug text. But the info about server going down does not pop up, it only appears in the 'Main' chat window as it always has. This feature is completely useless and annoying in it's current state. :yup:

Explain if the Blueprints tab opening crash problem can be solved?
BPs from craft and from Auction fall into it. But I dont have access to them. Soon there will be an overload in the number of items in the inventory, and the game will become very limited for me. :(

I think the Red text does have a use for genuinely important information (server going down for example) but if you hunt and often switch weapons, it's extremely irritating.

This. So far I have yet to see a single red message that was important, relevant or even accurate.

I don't personally need it, but it might help others. My guess is all it's doing is calling the WinAPI function SetWindowLongPtr() and setting a new windows style with the WS_SIZEBOX flag. For applications that don't have a fluid layout or don't respond to WM_SIZE messages, it probably won't do much, but should work for DX apps.

Adjusting
Code:
r_Height = 1200
r_HeightWin = 1166
r_Width = 1920
r_WidthWin = 1914
(window geometry for fullscreen and windowed respectively)
in settings-ce.cfg looks safer, than hacking internal winAPI magic.
(although MA not recommends touching these settings, so all on your own risc)

How about we start the fixes by putting back the contrast slider ?

Also a note -- client have significant memory leak (I see about half gig/hour). If I make release software with suck leaks in my IRL job, I will be fired ASAP

Also a note -- client have significant memory leak (I see about half gig/hour). If I make release software with suck leaks in my IRL job, I will be fired ASAP

I am monitoring with proc explorer and I am also seeing the private bytes slowly grow over time, but not enough data yet to say whether it's actually a leak.

Did you actually take a set of heap dumps and debug them or are you just doing the same thing as me?

edit: 45 mins since I posted this and the total allocation has grown by 1GB

Last edited:
Back