Entropia Universe 17.0 Release Notes

Go into Advanced Graphics setting and drop Post Processing down to Low. It will remove that "Fog" look.

doesnt completely remove it but dims it a bit.

Now, how to get all the textures back?
Cuz now it all looks like a big colorful cartoon.

Now, how to get all the textures back?
Cuz now it all looks like a big colorful cartoon.

Platform

While many areas and scenes will show major improvement with regard to lighting and realism, some content has not yet been optimized for the new system, particularly Planet Partner content. Upcoming Version Updates will build upon the additions and capabilities introduced in this release

These changes to the graphics engine may cause certain textures, items and areas to look slightly different or introduce unexpected graphical issues. Please report any graphics-related issues by submitting a support case under the Technical -> Video and Graphics category.

Any issue you come across, make a short and concise support case regarding it. With screenshots and any other relative information.
Making walls of texts and rants just take away from their ability to try and resolve these issues in a timely manner as they have to read through a lot of crap before finding any useful information.

There is a whole new category in the support interface for VU17 related issues.

lightning animation from electro chip looks seriously bad.
Like the resolution has been set to 150x100 or so :scratch2:

the lightning surrounding my body seems to look ok though

color of mind essence is now grey instead of pink

I had problems with downloading planet data, they went to 4 or 5% then halted and restated again and again and again.

What solved the problem was goint to Tools in Client Loader and lowered the Download thread count to 1

I got the same error... Opening storage (blueprints tab) leads to a crash for me..

Reactions: Izz
Very nice update :) Look rly nice :thumbup:

I quite like the changes, and am glad my shadow armour no longer looks like shiny chrome, now has a matt black finish, which to my eyes, looks a lot better.

Some places was a bit to dark though at night time, and those annoying red warning messages in middle of screen could be shifted somewhere less in your face.

Apart from that, nicely done Mindark.

Any issue you come across, make a short and concise support case regarding it. With screenshots and any other relative information.

Sorry, I already have a day job.

Any game tester would have seen this instantly before it would have been launched.

I quite like the changes, and am glad my shadow armour no longer looks like shiny chrome, now has a matt black finish, which to my eyes, looks a lot better.

Some places was a bit to dark though at night time, and those annoying red warning messages in middle of screen could be shifted somewhere less in your face.

Apart from that, nicely done Mindark.

Very nice update :) Look rly nice :thumbup:

seriously?

Were you all playing in safe mode before the update??

My FPS went from 60 to 30, hunting around Fort Cayuze

Still have FPS issue - cut in half from before
Seems like there is no difference between windows mode and full screen mode in regards to FPS - I’m wondering if the game is only capable of running in full screen windows now, thus the FPS loss

TL;DR - Fullscreen mode is not really fullscreen mode??

Also, most items look too bright in inventory... sometime when you attach or detach an amp, the brightness is corrected

"Codex rewards can only be chosen when opening the Codex interface via the Codex action icon."
Where is it?`the icon in the book and the hotkey does not work and on desktop there is no codex icon

seriously?

Were you all playing in safe mode before the update??

Always played on max settings.
Some scenes I like the look of, some are to bright, some to dark, but I'll fiddle around a bit to make it look just right.

Really enjoyable changes. And a note to the haters : I play in very high all graphics options maxed in 4k Res.
Invary between 20-40 FPS. In full hd I got 60-80 FPS all the time. If you need help to make a computer setup, I charge 1k Peds per configuration :smoke:

The only flaw is that we have to play with the gamma button according to where we play. Space or caves are pitch black.
Besides that, I don't see any negative change...beside that my white pants now look greyish ;-)

I will survive.

By the way, when will it roll out to planet partners ?

Last edited:
All in all it sounds as a awesome VU :)
Not tested it yet tho ;p
The protect of items is realy appreciated for sure thx alot for that MA :wtg:
When u fixed the issues that need to be dealt with this is very good , im glad to se u going in the right direction in my opinion :yay:

Making walls of texts and rants just take away from their ability to try and resolve these issues in a timely manner as they have to read through a lot of crap before finding any useful information.

There is a whole new category in the support interface for VU17 related issues.

Well said. :thumbup:

I must admit, I was put off this update when MA posted the 'before' and 'after' example pics. However, I've been in the game for a while now since the update and I've changed my mind........yes there are a lot of issues at the moment (which is expected with an update of this size) but there are some parts/areas that do work - and I think these parts give an insight into what MA is trying to achieve with VU17.......

Once the relevant patches are applied, I think the difference in visuals will be pretty incredible. Well done MA, keep at it. :beerchug:

Do you have BP books in pittbull? I think one or more of them is causing the crashes.

I just tested this with pit full of bp books , and it crashed as you described.

I have 30 pits full of items , so far only bp books cause the crash for me.

Wow, haven't logged in yet, but reading the notes there are LOTS of goodies- protecting equipment, loot returned from stuck/despawned mobs - nice nice nice!!!!! Great job

Holy crap! Cyrene is #Q$%#$@#%#$% ugly after this vu... the pleak area used to have lots of nice colors... now it's all nasty grey crap.

Reactions: Izz
I tell when something is wrong, so I tell when something is nice.
And so far I can tell I love this VU. :thumbup:
Some things to adjust, but so much nice features. :bowdown:

One of them is the Protection of items, but just a proposal:

Wouldn't it be even better that items would be "protected" by default ?

I tell when something is wrong, so I tell when something is nice.
And so far I can tell I love this VU. :thumbup:
Some things to adjust, but so much nice features. :bowdown:

One of them is the Protection of items, but just a proposal:

Wouldn't it be even better that items would be "protected" by default ?

Crafting would become a nightmare.

Do you have BP books in pittbull? I think one or more of them is causing the crashes.

i just opehned my bpbooks purses and the caly blueprint book purse crashed it ....nailing down the culprit

edit: confirmed ... not ark books and not rock books or NI or toulan ... one of the caly blueprint books is causing a crash ... repeatable

ok, first impression:

Texture fucked up. As expected.
My zinc and silk texture on my sleip are broken.

Screen looks bleak. Like a fog everywhere.

*edit* even on very high setting the graphics look fucked up.

BLOODY IRRITATING RED LINES SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SCREEN!!!!
GET THEM OUT OF THERE!!!!!
I agree. And while MA is at it, I'd like to be able to banish the reticule completely. Its animations are distracting.

Red Notification of DOOM

BLOODY IRRITATING RED LINES SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SCREEN!!!!
GET THEM OUT OF THERE!!!!!

Is there a setting to make the common warning messages go back to the system chat as before?

I don't like my 'common' warning messages to flash like as if the server is shutting down...

Can we have a slider to adjust the transparency of red messages? (even make them invisible)

Also, I keep getting random errors about "This person cannot become a disciple".

:(

it would also be nice if the game would save my resolution again... like it did before the patch. now im always defaulted to 1280x720 (probably the monitor resolution of MA employees)

Black Screen

After this update, my login screen is black...
Cannot see anything, but there is music background...

Anyone had this problem ?

Back