Planet Calypso Content Release 2019.0.5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2019-12-03
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

The Calamusoids are Back!

Recent geological changes to the swamp area west of Fort Lahar and southwest of Fort Medusa now provide a new habitat for the Calamusoid species. The swamps also produce a toxic gas that can be lethal to unprotected visitors.

To begin exploring the recently rediscovered Calamusoid swamp areas, contact Corporal Krill in Fort Lahar to get up to date with the latest intel.

Explore the Calamusoid swamps by following the mission handed out by Corporal Krill. Once finished, there are additional Daily Missions given by Sergeant Borba at Fort Lahar and Corporal Zima at Fort Medusa. You will also be able to unlock a rewarding Codex mission for the Calamusoid creature.

Changes
  • Longu and Primordial Longu now have separate entries in the Codex.
  • New loading screens have been added.
  • The “Cleanup at Fort Lahar” mission has updated rewards.
    • 10 PED! Universal Ammo
    • Vivo Explorer (L)
    • Choice between:
      • CCA/Chikara LR-Progress, CDF Edition (L)
      • Starkhov LPR-3, CDF Edition (L)
      • Chikara Oni-San, CDF Edition (L)
      • Isis BL300 CDF Edition (L)
  • “Big Game Hunting” (Both Camp Icarus and Half-Moon Bay)
    • Starving Atrax is now Shared Loot.
    • Progress is now contribution-based.
    • Reward now includes a Vivo Explorer (L).
  • Professor Walken now offers a new Armor Plate upgrade for 6A and 5B plates.
  • Several creatures have received graphical updates.
Fixed Issues

• Fixed several vegetation issues.
Known Issues

• The Medusa Swamp Inoculation Pill currently does not inoculate you from the swamp gas in Lahar.
  • Daily missions handed out by Sergeant Borba and Corporal Zima at Fort Lahar and Fort Medusa are currently disabled.

Originally Posted Here

Calamusoids!!! What I asked for during AMA, umbranoids must be next on the list :yay:

So, new swamp area but we can't go in?

calypso_2019_christmas_gifts.jpg

Something that didnt make the patch notes! :xmas:

Professor Walken now offers a new Armor Plate upgrade for 6A and 5B plates.

Can't seem to view the options for upgrades.

nevermind. seems you need a mutated bone in inventory to view the upgrade options

Last edited:
No mention of the annoying spam onscreen in red letters going across my screen every time I press a button or have lag?
"Waiting for previous action" as an onscreen message that spams 3 deep in the center of the screen is retarded.

No option to remove it in options.

Or how about targeting.... now when I am locked onto a mob, the only way out is to target next mob...but only if no other mobs around, where I am locked into a choice of multiples, not out of a lock itself....unless I go chat to break the lock.

The icons are all whitewashed in storage, the air is pixelated with lighting and looks shitty.

No surprise here, they made shit worse.

Why do tires now open 10 times longer? I know how fast tires with a rating of ~ 500 should open on my item. They open at the same frequency as before, but not at 0.10, but at 0.01, which means that the speed is 10 times lower. I have to lose 30% of the item before I open the first tire!

Yes umbranoids do need to come back. I really miss them

This could almost bring back Mc Cormick into the game !

Well... if nothing else, it will save the poor things from his "content of oblivion" website. :laugh:

Certainly I'm super chuffed to see them make a return. I just hope they are as good as they used to be and the missions/stories relating to them follow the original storyline.

Wistrel

Calamusoids!!! What I asked for during AMA, umbranoids must be next on the list :yay:

We can only hope! And hopefully MA will bring them back as parameterised varied creatures again... as well as their villages!

Wistrel

No mention of the annoying spam onscreen in red letters going across my screen every time I press a button or have lag?
"Waiting for previous action" as an onscreen message that spams 3 deep in the center of the screen is retarded.

Or how about targeting.... now when I am locked onto a mob, the only way out is to target next mob...but only if no other mobs around, where I am locked into a choice of multiples, not out of a lock itself....unless I go chat to break the lock.

The icons are all whitewashed in storage, the air is pixelated with lighting and looks shitty.

Nobody: is surprised

I'm really curious what the new Calamusoids look like...

Anyone manage to snap a picture yet???

Can't solve it with Target Lock Sensitivity in Options?

I'm just gonna say this was a smooth transition update. I had no problems whatsoever!

Love the look of Calamusoids, and new graphics in general even so i feel lighting is sometimes a hit sometimes a miss.

Also if memory serves right calamusoids used to be a pvp mob and had males and females, now its a unisex mob? would love to hunt them if there was a higher level. none the less, great content. Biggest VU since loot 2.0.

It's 2019, stop trying to enforce gender roles on calamusoids!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Detritus again.

And who cares anyway. Prophet The Prophet from Planet Zen has killed an inter- and transsexual Calamusoid with a value of 69.69 PED! :)P) A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

Love the look of Calamusoids, and new graphics in general even so i feel lighting is sometimes a hit sometimes a miss.

Also if memory serves right calamusoids used to be a pvp mob and had males and females, now its a unisex mob? would love to hunt them if there was a higher level. none the less, great content. Biggest VU since loot 2.0.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?270601-Calamusoid-Female

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?270602-Calamusoid-Male

Your memory is correct.

One of the creepiest things I ever saw, and this was long time ago in yellow pvp above Atlantis, where Calamusoids were. A family group, all conjoined, male+female+children..made that way, 3-4 mobs that all split apart when you attacked. Only saw one like this, thought my angel must be in there, but the children were creepy, and probly why didn't continue, but was very cool/creepy idea.

It's 2019, stop trying to enforce gender roles on calamusoids!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Detritus again.

And who cares anyway. Prophet The Prophet from Planet Zen has killed an inter- and transsexual Calamusoid with a value of 69.69 PED! :)P) A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

I was NOT complaining, but did expect to see what I remembered. However I also remember their texture were super ugly, and the 2019 version is super cool. love it.

Where the Calamusoids shared, anyone knows? Maybe a new wave event.

Back