Info: Vu17 bugs report

last update break all for me :eek:
17.0 and 17.0.1 were working nice, now getting this errror at start

1575973225-17-0-2.png

THANK YOU for fixing the storage bug !!!

last update break all for me :eek:
17.0 and 17.0.1 were working nice, now getting this errror at start

1575973225-17-0-2.png

I wasnt playing for a week(after new patch) because a lot of items in my inventory were blurry(really blurry), I was hoping that today patch will fix it, instead I have the same issue like u and i cant launch the game at all.

All of the UGC screens have stopped working.

Screens.png

Most Icons still FUBAR, absolutely no change there. (cant even remember how often I have delted the cache folder, does not seem to do anything)

All of the UGC screens have stopped working.

Screens.png

I noticed that with my shop as well and opened a support case to MA. They replied saying they have passed it onto the development team that handles that and to keep an eye out for an update to fix....the usual standard reply for bug fixes.

man...this is just stupid....stupid beyond words, wrong and stupid. People make the game to work after the main vu and after yerstaday upgrade, alot of people are fucked up again. Is just no respect, every fucking vu or upgrade make problems everytime?...

Day two, and another minipatch that makes me wait at 95% again for no resolution of the "Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices" problem.
Look, VU17 WORKED on this admittedly ageing comp - and you guys at MA screw it up in a following patch!!!! What are patches for, fucking things up you didn't manage to fuck up properly the first time?!

We don't even get an announcement, which is even less respect than no respect...
Last time the players themselves found a solution of which files to copy to where after the redist screw up, but it took time. What is even the cause of the snafu this time, given that the main vu worked?!!!!

I got the error after main VU17, not after the patch.

(D3D Error Could not find any copatible Direct3D device.)

just get a desktop i had a 10 year PC at home changed it this summer

got a 2k gtx card atm i only crashed once in vu 17

The game seems a lot more darker and in places dimly lit.

I have adjusted settings but still just seems dark to me.

Last edited:
Somehow, and I don't know why, I often get the big red message that I can't take this person as a disciple although I did not try to add them.

Every day now I really would like more and more to simply walk up to that dude nd tell him in the face, that he simply can not be my disciple :D

Might be some disciples that quit before graduating and their account got deleted.

Every day now I really would like more and more to simply walk up to that dude nd tell him in the face, that he simply can not be my disciple :D

Might be some disciples that quit before graduating and their account got deleted.

Might be disciples from the old mentor system. I have atleast one that is 100% from pre vu 10. But happens that he never logged in again.

Maybe it's time to clear all the list and at same time an opportunity to get myself graduated in this "new" mentor system.

The disciple error is probably more simple than that, probably Failed that have got wrong
message nr and therefor show this instead of Failed.

I've managed to stumble upon a possible 'dirty fix' for anyone getting the above error messages (which I was receiving on login / teleporting / shooting a mob or looting a mob etc...)

I travelled to the swamp area west of Fort Lahar, crashed to desktop and on re-logging I no longer receive the error.

I'm not sure why this should fix the error, but I'm very glad I no longer receive it. :)

Abandoning "Target Practice" mission (that's the first one in Thule) fixes it too.

Not getting Green Launch Button to login

Hello All,

I was having no issue last night, now today 3pm eastern time. I cannot get into the game with my laptop. I am not getting any errors just the launcher never goes green (live) for me to click it.

Any suggestions?

I am not getting into EU at all since the update.

Get to ~95% on the update, but then get the following error notes:

Failed to install runtime C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Univers\redist\vcredist_x64.exe, Code: 1

Failed to update EU: An error occurred while applying the update. Please try again later.

I've tried again later many times, without success.

Nvidia drive is updated to current driver for my older GPUs:(2x GTX 680, which ran the previous EU version just fine);
Have DX 12 installed.

Might be disciples from the old mentor system. I have atleast one that is 100% from pre vu 10. But happens that he never logged in again.

Maybe it's time to clear all the list and at same time an opportunity to get myself graduated in this "new" mentor system.

Problem would rather be, that if he is pre-vu10 (like mines) and never logged in again, his account got deleted in the meantime and thus does not show up :D

I'm not on the mentor register at all, yet I do get that message too.

I'm not on the mentor register at all, yet I do get that message too.

Same here, never been a mentor. My guess is still that something went wrong when they set up
message for Failed.

Argonaut, feffoid, atrox, a few other species spawn unhittable (not "Unreachable", there is no such text over them and they can hit me fine) mobs in crowded areas (rarely alone). Before vu17 only the back half of the mob would draw; after vu17 the entire mob is visible, can bite me, but I can't hit them.

My intermediate solution is to hunt the most bug-prone mobs near a turret.

I have had to reduce window size and setting to prevent crashing to desktop in one case computer freezing altogether requiring pressing restart button ?

graphic good in parts bad in others hope it settles down and stop crashing

Happened to me too. Client froze (restart button necessary) the first time I ran vu17, then some less major crashes for a couple days, then it has crashed only very rarely since, and never badly.

In Safe Mode, there are some too-bright brights (hard on the eyes) and some too-dark darks (hunting blind at night on Calypso). Feels like the graphics changes were released before being tuned much at all. which is fine, just please do carry on with the tuning (and please, emphasize stability as a top priority, followed by customizability for individual visual tastes).

anyone getting This person can not be a disciple while hunting or mining?

anyone getting This person can not be a disciple while hunting or mining?

Even one Mayhem Ara applied, recently. :laugh:

Note 1: Did retire from mentoring a couple of years ago.
Note 2: The Ara after that globalled.
animated-smileys-angels-017.gif

Last edited:
Did you notice that "This person can not be a disciple" always come whith 1 or 2 "failed" messages ?

So I suspect it's simply the "failed" message that is suposed to show, just that for some reason (bug) it show also this disciple message, but it has no link whith mentoring.

Did you notice that "This person can not be a disciple" always come whith 1 or 2 "failed" messages ?

So I suspect it's simply the "failed" message that is suposed to show, just that for some reason (bug) it show also this disciple message, but it has no link whith mentoring.

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier in this thread. :silly2:
Not realy a bug imo, just a set up mistake. When you create a feature and there will
be a message you have a list of messages to chose from, they probably just entered
wrong one for a feature related to failed.

Back