Info: Vu17 bugs report

Ok, here some things i saw so far:

6. Most of the inventory items/images/icons looks messed up.

Clear shader and icon cach don't fixed anything on the above issues.

Can confirm that, clearing shader and icon cache did absolutely nothing.
Also tried safe mode with now change.
Tried repair function, with no change.

The glow-in-the-dark bug was strangely gone after my third relog (before clearing anything)

Also Full screen seems to always go to auto no matter what you do.
Windowed does not offer the same resolution as fullscreen, even though fullscreen is now a borderless window.

Using Vega64 with latest WHQL drivers on a Ryzen1700 with 16GB RAM on a 48" Full HD TV

Can confirm that, clearing shader and icon cache did absolutely nothing.
Also tried safe mode with now change.

Same here ;/

Totally eye-killing picture with default lightness/contrast options.

I agree my eyes are very tired after 2 hours playing now, it never hapened before this VU.
Trying everything whith Brightness/Gamma options don't solve it.

BTW there is NO "contrast" option (anymore?), and maybe that's what is missing..? :confused:

PS:

To me it looks like Contrast is indeed the problem.
Cause we now have choice between "too much dark" or "too much bright".
Parts of screen in the shadow are too dark, so you set up light or gamma, and then that's parts of screen in light that are way too bright.

So I guess the problem is that difference between dark and bright is set too high.
And if I'm not wrong, this is contrast.

Would be nice to add a contrast setting in options maybe.

Last edited:
funky.jpg

Still have FPS issue - cut in half from before
Seems like there is no difference between windows mode and full screen mode in regards to FPS - I’m wondering if the game is only capable of running in full screen windows now, thus the FPS loss

TL;DR - Fullscreen mode is not really fullscreen mode??

...Fullscreen mode is now always windowed fullscreen...

I can't believed I missed this, but this is the root cause of FPS loss. Playing in windows fullscreen mode is NOT fullscreen mode.
Everyone should be seeing ~50% loss in FPS.
Major performance issue not being able to play in fullscreen!!!

Fullscreen needs to be brought back!

Everyone's making fun of the explorer but I think it looks awesome and I hope they don't fix it, lol.

Longu codex corrupt

Longu codex is now split up in longu and primordial longu. I’m grinding primordial current lvl 9. After VU I have to start from scratch because my current lvl is now 0 and regular Longu suddenly lvl 9. MA has to repair this.

Did the shaders/cache thing. Textures still bugged and the difference between standing good or bad light is crazy!

Another comparison pic -

comparison.jpg

Longu codex is now split up in longu and primordial longu. I’m grinding primordial current lvl 9. After VU I have to start from scratch because my current lvl is now 0 and regular Longu suddenly lvl 9. MA has to repair this.

That's to your advantage, it means you can get the rewards from 1-9 again. I imagine they'll be bigger than the Longu chain ones too.

Having issues buying things in auction, I get the message "Could not execute. Please try again."

cant update

I cant get in as it wont update dx 11 or I cant even redownload the game ,just says I need to download dx11 manually which is impossible to do anymore

I cant get in as it wont update dx 11 or I cant even redownload the game ,just says I need to download dx11 manually which is impossible to do anymore

Have a look at post #53 above. It has exactly what you need. ;)

not sure if mentioned before too lazy to look. But:

1. My windowed resolution isn't being saved. I have to set it everytime I start the game.
2. Tier levels aren't showing correctly in auciton. Some items are showing tiers like 50.1 when they are 5.01 or 9.0 when they are 0.90.

not sure if mentioned before too lazy to look. But:

1. My windowed resolution isn't being saved. I have to set it everytime I start the game.
2. Tier levels aren't showing correctly in auciton. Some items are showing tiers like 50.1 when they are 5.01 or 9.0 when they are 0.90.

My 1600x900x32 resolution is being saved.
1680x1050x32 is the maximum I'm allowed currently but wont allow screenshots.
I would like my 1776x1000 resolution back. We'll see.

A society mate has let me know 1920x1080 isn't being saved.

Let's hope this issue has been noticed and will be rectified in the next patch.:computer:

My video card(Radeon RX 550 2GB) was working before at very high settings.After VU game is only playing at low settings.Huge update...Good thing is I have no clouds,waters,shades to distract me and I can focus on other bugs like loot 1.0,loot 2.0 etc..

Servers going down in 45. Fingers crossed for some fixes!

Common Codex hotfix pretty plz with sugar on top!!!

Another bug :

The big adv screens are just transparent and not showing anything :scratch2:

I can't believed I missed this, but this is the root cause of FPS loss. Playing in windows fullscreen mode is NOT fullscreen mode.
Everyone should be seeing ~50% loss in FPS.
Major performance issue not being able to play in fullscreen!!!

Fullscreen needs to be brought back!

I tried editing the settings-ce file (ty Subzero for the idea) last night but it didn't work:

r_WindowedFullscreen = 0
r_Fullscreen = 1

I still couldn't force full screen with the above settings

I also found r_Driver = "DX9"
I changed it to = "DX11" but that didn't do anything either

There was an Iron 5k Feffoids was done yesterday and same thing as with codex..
Iron missions are bugged too?

There was an Iron 5k Feffoids was done yesterday and same thing as with codex..
Iron missions are bugged too?

So, you did not get the 5k iron reward?

Same problem. 2560x1400 fullscreen windowed is saved; 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 windowed aren't.

Have no problem on another machine where it starts in 1920x1200 windowed, and if I copy the cfg file to main machine it keeps the resolution too, but it has lower graphics quality settings and if I try to increase them in game, the resolution resets again.

Setting the cfg file to read-only doesn't help - the file keeps the edited value but the game starts at 1280x720. As soon as I remove the read-only flag, the game changes the file to 720p too.

Last edited:
Same problem. 2560x1400 fullscreen windowed is saved; 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 windowed aren't.

Have no problem on another machine where it starts in 1920x1200 windowed, and if I copy the cfg file to main machine it keeps the resolution too, but it has lower graphics quality settings and if I try to increase them in game, the resolution resets again.

Setting the cfg file to read-only doesn't help - the file keeps the edited value but the game starts at 1280x720. As soon as I remove the read-only flag, the game changes the file to 720p too.

Yeah, same problem here. Could maybe be because they added an auto detect resolution mode for windowed fullscreen. And MA hamster coders fucked it up. Now why the hell would they remove a true fullscreen option. So dumb, old PCs can't take it. If it ain't broken DON'T REMOVE IT MA! More options is always better than less options.

So, you did not get the 5k iron reward?

Got nothing.. iron isn’t closed.
Make scrsht later..

Upd: visited mission terminal. All ok. Codex and some missions made me lazy)

Last edited:
Temp workaround: switch to fullscreen with alt-enter before exiting the game, and switch back to windowed on next login.

Will try, thanks!

Am I guessing wrong or is the scrambled up icons bug not wide spread ?
Seems most have issues with the screen size.

No matter what screen mode and quality I choose, the icons end up garbled. Since they are also garbled in the cache folder I would assume, it is not the display driver.

Back