Images

Vu17 bugs report

Currently playing in the aurli hive.

Don't hesitate to complete the list:

Aurli Cave is extemly dark, even with shading at Very High
    Brood of brams have a display bug, glowing "mouth" and "head" / BRIGHT
    Sparkbite blade is extremly bright like using a blowpipe
    Getting a skill boost will have you glow brighter than ever
    Items in inventory feels fogged in a bright way (like a light thru the fog)
    Codex doesn't reward skills anymore when selecting the reward
    Arsonistic chip creates a large bright aura around the mob, the larger the mob the larger aura is.
    Globals and Hall of Famers light are super bright, can't complain about them the immersion effect is real, keep them coming.

Overall feeling it feels too bright.
    Last edited by Konvicted; 12-03-2019 at 19:12.
    Takeaway Truth:
    Forget ideology. They betray. They limit. They lead astray. Just deal with the raw data and trust yourself. Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you? People walk around saying ‘Well, I don’t understand quantum physics but somewhere somebody understands it’. That’s not a very helpful attitude towards observing the insights of quantum physics. Inform yourself. What does inform yourself mean? It means transcend and mistrust ideology. Go for direct experience. What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall? What do YOU think when YOU have sex? What do YOU think when YOU take psilocybin? Everything else is unconfirmable rumor, useless, probably lies. So, liberate yourself from the illusion of culture. Take responsibility for what you think and what you do.”
    – Terence McKenna

The game is deep and the fame is brief..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    If the game looks red, 50s bad quality pic, improve your shading gfx settings to medium atleast+Set

post processing setting to low to disable the flashing effects untill its fixed
    Last edited by Konvicted; 12-03-2019 at 17:37.
    Takeaway Truth:
    Forget ideology. They betray. They limit. They lead astray. Just deal with the raw data and trust yourself. Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you? People walk around saying ‘Well, I don’t understand quantum physics but somewhere somebody understands it’. That’s not a very helpful attitude towards observing the insights of quantum physics. Inform yourself. What does inform yourself mean? It means transcend and mistrust ideology. Go for direct experience. What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall? What do YOU think when YOU have sex? What do YOU think when YOU take psilocybin? Everything else is unconfirmable rumor, useless, probably lies. So, liberate yourself from the illusion of culture. Take responsibility for what you think and what you do.”
    – Terence McKenna

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    With all due respect, I don't think your perception of things being too bright or too dark should be classified as bugs. Not saying they shouldn't be addressed, but I think the thread is a bit misleading.

If you truly feel that some of the visual effects you are seeing are in error, it would probably help to post screenshots and your complete system info... otherwise it's going to be difficult for MA to understand what you are asking or troubleshoot it.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    with brightness and darkness , as i mentioned to a Soccie , i just mentioned to tweak the settings , it will eventually be Noice

not impressed

I have had to reduce window size and setting to prevent crashing to desktop in one case computer freezing altogether requiring pressing restart button ?

graphic good in parts bad in others hope it settles down and stop crashing

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    I completely understand your opinion, i disabled the post processing, now the game looks like 2007 but im not blinded by bright items in a dark room.
    Takeaway Truth:
    – Terence McKenna

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Here we go...

I appreciate fashion isn't a huge part of everyone's game, but for me it is

(This is all on very high settings on a new pc with high end graphics specs)

Easiest first, this is just what I have found so far, I know there are some prominent colourers/textures also checking stuff.

Flora dress now has a black arm

Crystal textures nerfed ( blue crystal skirt)

Bismuth... just...

Armour looks plastic, lacks any shine or detail.

Avatars do a random blur thing, its very annoying

The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.

In this pic, ive not change anything. Left is direct sun, right is in a shadow. Looks like games 15 years apart graphics wise.

Trying to be positive, I like the shine on my hair, and when you get the light just right the avas can look cool, so the potential is there, if they could some how optimise it to look better the rest of the time.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1200+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    With all due respect, I don't think your perception of things being too bright or too dark should be classified as bugs. Not saying they shouldn't be addressed, but I think the thread is a bit misleading.

If you truly feel that some of the visual effects you are seeing are in error, it would probably help to post screenshots and your complete system info... otherwise it's going to be difficult for MA to understand what you are asking or troubleshoot it.
    I have a very efficient MSI laptop.. i am curious if you even how a sparkbite, an arsonistic chip or even visited the aurli cave?

the pictures will follow! i am not here to say its a bad update, im here to say what i see and experience

Get on the field and see things for yourself, thank you!
    Last edited by Konvicted; 12-03-2019 at 18:08.
    Takeaway Truth:
    – Terence McKenna

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.
    That's literally the point of PBR rendering - to attempt to accurately model how light interacts with materials.. and why appropriate lighting setup is so crucial here.

Some of the pics you posted definitely look wrong, while some just look like bad lighting. Good that you posted them though, so MA can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Konvicted View Post
    I have a very efficient MSI laptop.. i am curious if you even how a sparkbite, an arsonistic chip or even visited the aurli cave?
    Yes, minus the aurli cave; and as I said, I don't think your opinions are invalid, I just don't think they are bugs... and candidly I'd rather have MA work on solving actual bugs (like the broken codex rewards) before they work on tweaking the visuals to be more appealing for you.

The arson effect, for example, is not an error - the halo is generated because the particle system generating the fire is a light source. Sure, they could make it look better, but I think that should be a lower priority than other things.

edit: after seeing your screenshots I would say the effect does seem much more pronounced for you, hopefully you can tweak your settings enough to at least make it tolerable until MA makes adjustments.
    Last edited by Detritus; 12-03-2019 at 18:23.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jar Jasis Sismondi
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    "Connection lost" - login, "Server not available", 2 mins "Connection lost" - login, 2 mins - shooting Warlock ... "Connection lost"

Please add connection stability issues to buglist. Usual new VU bugs and I'm sure MA will fix though currently game not playable for me. Time to go read a book
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_jasis_signatur.jpg

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast