Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's literally the point of PBR rendering - to attempt to accurately model how light interacts with materials.. and why appropriate lighting setup is so crucial here.

Some of the pics you posted definitely look wrong, while some just look like bad lighting. Good that you posted them though, so MA can take a look.

Yes to all of the above; and as I said, I don't think your opinions are invalid, I just don't think they are bugs... and candidly I'd rather have MA work on solving actual bugs (like the broken codex rewards) before they work on tweaking the visuals to be more appealing for you.

The arson effect, for example, is not an error - the halo is generated because the particle system generating the fire is a light source. Sure, they could make it look better, but I think that should be a lower priority than other things.
    Certainly, would you mind providing pictures of your well working setup? or work around that could help us not experience migraine while logging into entropia.
    Takeaway Truth:
    Forget ideology. They betray. They limit. They lead astray. Just deal with the raw data and trust yourself. Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you? People walk around saying ‘Well, I don’t understand quantum physics but somewhere somebody understands it’. That’s not a very helpful attitude towards observing the insights of quantum physics. Inform yourself. What does inform yourself mean? It means transcend and mistrust ideology. Go for direct experience. What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall? What do YOU think when YOU have sex? What do YOU think when YOU take psilocybin? Everything else is unconfirmable rumor, useless, probably lies. So, liberate yourself from the illusion of culture. Take responsibility for what you think and what you do.”
    – Terence McKenna

The game is deep and the fame is brief..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    You should consider turning down volumetric effects as a workaround.
    cheers mate

EDIT: oh well its already disabled..
    Takeaway Truth:
    Forget ideology. They betray. They limit. They lead astray. Just deal with the raw data and trust yourself. Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you? People walk around saying ‘Well, I don’t understand quantum physics but somewhere somebody understands it’. That’s not a very helpful attitude towards observing the insights of quantum physics. Inform yourself. What does inform yourself mean? It means transcend and mistrust ideology. Go for direct experience. What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall? What do YOU think when YOU have sex? What do YOU think when YOU take psilocybin? Everything else is unconfirmable rumor, useless, probably lies. So, liberate yourself from the illusion of culture. Take responsibility for what you think and what you do.”
    – Terence McKenna

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    this is the effect you are stuck with after a skill boost:

Takeaway Truth:
    – Terence McKenna

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Konvicted View Post

Isn't that a known issue though? Or is the below something else:

Known Issues
    Avatars will sometimes glow unexpectedly after receiving a skill boost. Going into first person mode and back to third person will fix this.

I solved it with zooming in so I went to 1st person view and then zoomed out again.
    Still an issue though that needs to be fixed.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    cheers mate

EDIT: oh well its already disabled..

Yea I thought that might help but it didn't really change much for me either... I think there's some settings like bloom/HDR that are missing that would help with this.

And no, my setup doesn't look great either, I am seeing the same things you are (though not to the same degree).

My only point was simply that these are not bugs, they are deliberate.. even though I agree they need tweaking. I still prefer MA address the actual bugs first, that's all.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    Here we go...

Bismuth... just...

The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.
    i think you're right about the lights, but still some colors have changed in a very strange way. some more (improved?) informations would definitly help, but why should i be mindark's free beta monkey every time they improve graphics hmm? hell i pay regulary to have fun in EU, but they tend to kill fun on any VU occassion possible... not to talk about all the costs involved, or anything someone would call an investment.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι˘тed
    Society
    Λgєηт σf єηтгσρy
    Images
    My only point was simply that these are not bugs, they are deliberate.. even though I agree they need tweaking. I still prefer MA address the actual bugs first, that's all.
    next time read release note because its already being adressed and noticed rather than have people ruin their hunting efficiency posting pic for your pleasure, thank you

i am just being altruist right here, help with what i experienced
    Takeaway Truth:
    – Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post

Crystal textures nerfed ( blue crystal skirt)

Bismuth... just...

Hopefully it's due to this:

While many areas and scenes will show major improvement with regard to lighting and realism, some content has not yet been optimized for the new system, particularly Planet Partner content. Upcoming Version Updates will build upon the additions and capabilities introduced in this release.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    That's literally the point of PBR rendering - to attempt to accurately model how light interacts with materials.. and why appropriate lighting setup is so crucial here.

Some of the pics you posted definitely look wrong, while some just look like bad lighting. Good that you posted them though, so MA can take a look.

I appreciate it should look different, but it should look like one game was made now, and the other many years ago graphically when I walk into shadow. Both should look good, one just darker/shadier than the other.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast