Open letter to dev staff and leadership

Post_History

Prowler
Society
Space Police
PostHistory PostHistory Hax
To MA:

Hey Guys,

I am happy to see the work you have done in this VU, some real QOL updates in potential now that you have what seems to be a good backbone installed...

I would also like to say thankyou to the current programmer(s) as they seem to be more capable than the last...

Please please please would the leadership please take just 5 minutes a day to write down something that happened on that day and have it communicated to us the Consumer/Investors I think you will find it will bring back confidence to the community... I am not asking for Pie in the sky and what the future holds... what I am asking for is what positive milestones that you feel that your achieving day to day... we don't even need to know what the milestones are...

To the community:

Yo.

I see there is a lot of people complaining about this VU... this is a "Major" VU with it comes lots of bugs, as we have grown to expect from MA..... BUT I am quite surprised how few "BIG" bugs there are... Shaders and Textures are an issue and I would call that "Big" for some this means the world to them (Not me).

It would seem the new programmer they have is starting to get to understand how this game is held together and is now making changes for the better, granted not everything is going to be how we want it but hey progress is progress and thus far I think its been positive.

I suspect we may see a mini patch by Friday... maybe not... but I wouldn't be surprised if we see one next week...

and once again a few more in the month to come...

I am by no means a MA fan boy but someone that can see that they are trying for a change....

Regards

PostHistory PostHistory Hax.

I completely support that. Although, we definitely do not need daily communication. Weekly would be good enough, along with a weekly patch to add/fix/tweak things.

The update is pretty good to me. I guess whiners just had issue with computers in the first place. Mine is no racing machine but it works like a charm.

I would really like it if they could chat a wee bit more, particularly after such a huge change.

I reported to a pp dev on discord last night about one of the textures being messed up now, they replied to me practically instantly thanking me for the photo and that they would be working on this ASAP. I can’t tell you just how much that meant to me considering that I was pretty upset at that point. (I know, I know, but this stuff means a lot to me).

Ulf did reply to me that they are watching the forums, so hopefully they can see the various bugs, but would be lovely to hear from them too :)

I am optimistic that they can fix the issues, hopefully sooner rather than later, and I look forward to seeing how good it can look once fixed.

Lui- my pc is pretty high spec, it’s not pc issues I have, but I won’t go over them again here.

too early to say if it goes the right direction.
in all the companies that i worked we prefered revenue-related bugs over eyecandy.
(fe. we woul NEVER EVER let a payment system down without substituting it in 24hrs time, no matter what)
but hey maybe the swedes have other strategies here :rolleyes:

I would say that if you want to do EU a much better game, they should learn from other games. One of the most complex games out there is Eve Online. It should be mandatory for all MA staff to play Eve and see how other companies handle changes to the game, communication with the playerbase, how nerfs are implemented and most people don't go crazy...
It is all about communication. I feel there is a lot to learn from other players in game industry.

I would say that if you want to do EU a much better game, they should learn from other games. One of the most complex games out there is Eve Online. It should be mandatory for all MA staff to play Eve and see how other companies handle changes to the game, communication with the playerbase, how nerfs are implemented and most people don't go crazy...
It is all about communication. I feel there is a lot to learn from other players in game industry.

this :lolup:
not only eve. thers plenty of companies out there making billions of $$ in microtransactions for COSMETICAL ITEMS ONLY.
see and learn. or sell.

Back