VU 17.0 Screenshots

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I wanted to make this thread for people to post their in-game pictures of places that actually look better than previous VU.

If there's interest. Feel free to post whatever you think looks really good in the new VU! :ahh:

Here's mine from New Switzerland.

Note: it actually looks way better in-game, but this ancient forum can only take jpeg format and it also has a lower maximum resolution than 1080p so it looks a bit blurry.

Cyrene

cyrenej.jpg

That's at night.
I thought the same when I landed on calypso at night.
During the day the planet looks horrible.
No shine anymore.
Just flat ugly colors.
This is low res garbage...
You can look at something close in the right light and it looks good.
30 mins later it looks like crap.
The planets look like marbles now from space.
They have no depth.
This is horrible.
I stated this a long time ago.
They have no intention of making stuff better.
Their only goal is to dumb it down to FPS Console garbage.
Mark my words.

Rock

New Oxford, Calypso

Nice to see others posting too, thanks!

Here's from night time! Did the moon get bigger this update or what? :cool:

Even the moons light is reflected on the water, though. With a moon this big it should've been quite larger reflection :ahh:

Last edited:
Nice to see others posting too, thanks!

Here's from night time! Did the moon get bigger this update or what? :cool:

Even the moons light is reflected on the water, though. With a moon this big it should've been quite larger reflection :ahh:

its funny you should mention that moon because ive recently noticed that planet or whatever it is behind and to the right of caly really close and fairly large. looks exactly like yur pic

Did the moon get bigger this update or what? :cool:

Actually, no. :)

This is from March 2015:

oj3_15.03.2015_final.jpg

Note, how the dotted stars are in front of the moons, actually. :laugh:

To compare... this is an old one from 2009 I stole from the PCF galleries:

moons2009.jpg

Last edited:
That's at night.
I thought the same when I landed on calypso at night.
During the day the planet looks horrible.
No shine anymore.
Just flat ugly colors.
This is low res garbage...
You can look at something close in the right light and it looks good.
30 mins later it looks like crap.
The planets look like marbles now from space.
They have no depth.
This is horrible.
I stated this a long time ago.
They have no intention of making stuff better.
Their only goal is to dumb it down to FPS Console garbage.
Mark my words.

Rock

Give MA please more time to adjust Materials and textures and lightning. To change all the materials to use DX11 need a lot of work. So, atm not everything on that process is done! I'm pretty sure, in some weeks everything will look realy nice.
We can help MA, if we make screenshots from bad looking things, and send a supportcase.

Last day i saw a sun rise, and it was realy very, very much nice. I just stand at place and watched that rise. Mining was fully uninteresting in that moment :)

Give MA please more time to adjust Materials and textures and lightning. To change all the materials to use DX11 need a lot of work. So, atm not everything on that process is done! I'm pretty sure, in some weeks everything will look realy nice.
We can help MA, if we make screenshots from bad looking things, and send a supportcase.

Last day i saw a sun rise, and it was realy very, very much nice. I just stand at place and watched that rise. Mining was fully uninteresting in that moment :)

No point in updating outdated graphic, better to redo most things like object, normalmaps,
rigging and animation, textures, and materials. ;) That will take "some" time. :D

No point in updating outdated graphic, better to redo most things like object, normalmaps,
rigging and animation, textures, and materials. ;) That will take "some" time. :D

Most bad things we see is just bad adjusted parameters on different systems. But in most cases it needs to rebuild the materials, and also some textures, this ofc also means normalmaps, AO maps, roughness and metalic maps, about those all is contend of the material.

It don't needs to rebuild the whole 3D model, except it is realy much low poly. Also it dont need to rigg character models again, except they use a new mesh on that model.

How i told, it needs to adjust/redesign every material, used on the 3D models. Also it needs to adjust a lot other things too, ofc, like exposure in lightning. Atm, i think the EXPOSURE setting is not perfect. Thats why the night switch to be very dark, and then on day it use some bad settings, so everything looks just dull.

Most bad things we see is just bad adjusted parameters on different systems. But in most cases it needs to rebuild the materials, and also some textures, this ofc also means normalmaps, AO maps, roughness and metalic maps, about those all is contend of the material.

It don't needs to rebuild the whole 3D model, except it is realy much low poly. Also it dont need to rigg character models again, except they use a new mesh on that model.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?6-General-Discussion
How i told, it needs to adjust/redesign every material, used on the 3D models. Also it needs to adjust a lot other things too, ofc, like exposure in lightning. Atm, i think the EXPOSURE setting is not perfect. Thats why the night switch to be very dark, and then on day it use some bad settings, so everything looks just dull.

Well low poly shouldn't matter, since dx 11 introduced tessellation. Reason why I want new models is that
some of the old ones look "flat" and boring.
Compare some old Caly clothes with e.g IFN combat clothes, a big difference. One could use old textures
and maps, not always necessary to change those to get specular and albedo 'active', but when they do
its better to modernize it all at the same time, imo. ;)
It wasn't about the character rigging I ment, its rigging clothes so they look more interesting and 'living'.
I'm just a amateur/hobbyist when it comes to 3D but luckily I have a nephew that is a true pro,
he still giggle some when he see EUs graphic, but not in a derogatory way, just that he thinks its
maybe time to update graphics some. ;)

This "graphics overhaul" changes nothing. Game still looks like from 2006. Now a one-man student project in Unity 3D can look better. 0,99$ assets from asset store often look better.

Look how other MMO's improved their graphics - Warframe for example. EU is Metin2 level and serves its developers the same purpose :)

Zychion never looked so beautiful (for a smashed up city obviously) :pic:

Back