Please take more serious market manipulation

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
I'm not talking about a trader that would buy something on market on order or auction im talking about players drooping the prices and buying with multiple avatars they are breaking 2 rules at once. They banned known crafters over the time we still got some doing it for years > really think its time they get in trouble too for doing it.

You mean like the low buy orders getting hit that are wayyy below market price? Yeah, that sucks.

You mean like the low buy orders getting hit that are wayyy below market price? Yeah, that sucks.

yes that sux also, its a way to manipulate the prices and use other accounts to put the order and then keep the price low for a while

No one cheating here! :rolleyes:

:nutkick:

I'm afraid they are not doing anything wrong, it's the people that SELL to them because they need peds very fast or keep undercutting to destroy their own buisiness.
As long as they do not use my peds, I'm ok with that. Most come but go even faster :p

Most play for fun and do not count, just blame MA for loosing their peds lol

If you suspect some have multiple avatars just report them and let MA handle it.

EDIT : If I need something for crafting, I just buy on auction very cheap and sell my own resources for a lot more.
Happy to help others :lolup:

Last edited:
Hopefully MA fix Auction orders system somehow atleast. That would help alot already if crafters could not just add those 101% orders (example dianum) like forever when MU is 105-110% and they just need to wait someone sells there for mistake or need fast cash and destroy markup again and its not only dianum. same thing in all things..
Crafters are biggest reason why ore / enmatter markups just go down all the time since they can just add more and more lowball orders.. 1PED order fee is nothing on these days when peoples have million peds in accounts...
Maybe make order cost more... but i dont think that is solution.

About multiple avatars I have noticed same that even some people are that shady that they post in #trade channel same time that they are buying something like AUD for 70 PED and other avatar sells it for 72.5PED..

Also they do their lowball offers with their other avatars since they think anyone doesnt regonize who they are lol...
and obv they try to scam all items for cheap prices, PM people asap who loot something new or item which value they dont know and try to get it cheap.

This isnt fair for normal players who like to play game in any way and well not fair to us other who has played over long long time and followed the rules.

Ah, the old multiple avatar issue. Good luck with getting Mindark to do anything about that. Proving someone has multiple avatars is almost impossible in this game.

In ancient days it used to bother me quite a bit, but nowadays I've just learned it's part of the game.

You got market manipulators, shared mule accounts, folks using multiple avatars to avoid space, and a variety of other reasons folks use alts... including but not limited to Mindark and the Planet Partners themselves...

Get over it. Sadly Mindark doesn't seem to really care.

They do in theory care, and will tell you that if you send a support ticket, but in reality many of their own actions, and what they let the Planet Partners do actually encourages it subtly....

so...
you get devs using secret (and not so secret acounts) with multiple avatars...

Mindark using multiple avatars to 'test' things, Lootius knows how many dev alt avatars that are each planet so that MA and PPs don't have to spend time in space like all us good little avatars have to, etc.

you have pp avatars that have a monthly budget that they can use to do all sort of market manipulations, many of which Mindark is ok with... Hell, Monria even gives away free flights on a Mothership to keep people from using services of other mothership owners, etc. ... I think Kim's stated his budget is 100 usd monthly or something... and that's just one example. I cannot remember if DME ever revealed how much she gets as 'free peds' monthly to just give away, spend however she wants on whatever she wants where ever she wants, etc. PPs actually getting others to graduate under them instead of letting others that want to get in to mentor program as a teacher do their thing, etc.

PPs may call this 'free peds' to certain avatars 'marketing' or 'advertising' but it's not real marketing if it's targeting, and in some cases exploiting the existing userbase instead of trying to go after completely new folks that have never entered the game yet, etc.

That's a lot of 'free money' going in to the game possibly to auctions, shops, p2p trades, etc. that is lowering the market availability of those items that other avatars could be buying, etc.... that itself lowers or increases the markup in some cases, quite significantly, especially when rare items are involved...

You got who knows how many PP or friends of PP avatars that 'are in the know' about things... https://bit.ly/33PHVtp

The list just keeps going on and on and on and on...

It's really a massive ongoing issue that's been going on since this game started, and some conspiracy theories out there are pretty extreme about it, which is one reason this game never got to be more popular... Just read Finkle's comment from way back in 2007 that is one of the most popular posts related to Entropia in certain internet search engine hits...
https://blogtropia.blogspot.com/2007/04/resellers-scammers-leeches.html While I don't agree with the statement there, I do think many do, at least on some level, and in some cases... well... there may be more truth to that type of thing than most of us really want to open our eyes to.

Last edited:
As far as I am concerned, anyone can have as many avatars as they want.
If the market can be manipulated by 2-3 people with several accounts, the problem is not the number of accounts, but the market size.
It is inconvenient when it happens, but it should not be prohibited. Doing that involves a risk. If the economy would really support a higher price, things will rise on their own.
My dream is to have more people manipulating the market. The economy would get better.
If you are forced to sell for that low price, then in reality, that low price is the actual market value. If the market would support a higher value, you would have no problem selling for whatever the market value is.

We need more people and we need people to be able to do whatever they want. No one is forcing anyone to sell or buy.

We need more people and we need people to be able to do whatever they want. No one is forcing anyone to sell or buy.

I agree , i dont agree with someone breaking the rules.

As far as I am concerned, anyone can have as many avatars as they want.

I too find it stupid that MA officially does not allow alts (except for some to run services such as LAs, MS? apparently), but usually does nothing about alts in the game quite openly!

My wish is for maybe up to 3 clones which can be taken control over and set tasks such as crafting runs, for example.
Legal activity could go up from the player base present, which would be good for MA turnover.

I again find it stupid that people who want to turn over peds may be prevented from doing so because of where they are. For example, sitting on an MS, where there is no crafting machine... not in event because on a different planet...

We need changes to space anyway to improve the situation again for warp service providers. People may or may not put 'family clone members' on different planets - or they might travel 'together' and want a family ticket...

Anyway - pls allow all access to multiple avatars and deal with manipulation properly. Right now it is an unfair advantage to abuse things...

Did everyone fall of the wrong side of the bed today? maybe all bang their heads in the process ??:eyecrazy:

They could learn so many things from Eve...

Isn't this supposed to be a real economy simulator? Seems to be working as intended...

Back