How to keep pace and not die in the process

Geralt

Guardian
tyires tyirepl tyirepl
Time flies. I started playing this when I was 15. Then had some break, came back at early 20s, now I am slowly reaching my 30. When I was a teen I could skip school to play, had plenty of time to fool around. For the past 2 or 3 years I just simply cant find time not only to "keep pace" but to play at all. There are many reasons, my life has changed. I graduated university, moved with gf to another city, she will be soon my wife. Wedding planning is complicated, I changed job in the process, had to travel to asia and south america for business reasons. I have always loved reading, I play guitar and bass Ive always liked music and not lying to you I am a trying to be a gamer and keep up with new games but cannot even finish witcher 3 since june 2018. I dont want to leave all that stuff behind.

I don't have time to play EU.

I work 8am-4pm. Do some stuff at home, take care of my car, do all the suff man at home usually do. I visit my family who lives in other city, visit my old hight schoold friends, I plan to move from apartment to a house I wanna build from zero, in 2-3 years will probably become a father.

Not to mention I often need to learn new things for my job, try to learn new language. I had some health issues recently and i have to move my ass from time to time and train to give my body what it needs now.
hardly played EU. I cant find time to do it.

What do you do to be able to play at competitive level when your life is full of other stuff you need to take care of.

Or maybe being 28-35 is just wrong time to play games. Should i put my account on hold? sell out? help me.

First.. stop stressing.
It's a game, been here a long time, hopefully here a long time more.
Pop in when you can and just enjoy it.
There is no competition unless you choose to compete for some goal of your own.
There is no end game or timer.

and yes you are in what can be seen as the busiest years of our lives, but you still need some 'you time'. Whether you decide to use that to play Entropia or pursue a hobby, or just chill with some good music is your choice. We would each individually make different choices so cannot make that decision for you.

If you do decide to sell out.. please consider only selling the things you would least miss, hold onto your skills. Then leave it say a year (with intermittent log ins to protect the account) and see if you miss it.
A huge number quit over the years, only to return later and regret they sold skills, favourite armour etc.

hi.

playing since the earl beginning.
just take some time to come like holydays :) without stress. life is always a competition at every level like here. so just have fun. even it s time to time.

I regularly give the middle finger a couple of weeks to IRL busy schedule to play EU. Just be sure to keep game updated :laugh:. For the rest, if you can play 1hr a week, just play that and enjoy (sharing the witcher problem but with 2 ;)) )

At the beginning of 2008, I found myself starting a new career path and was too busy to play video games. I stopped playing then but because I had some investments in the game, I just logged in every 4 or 5 months or so just to make sure MA didn't delete my account.

I kept somewhat up to date on news and such, and in 2010 I found out about the new CLDs, so I arranged a wire transfer and bought some as an investment. I knew, even though I didn't have time to play at the time, that I would eventually come back to it.

When I finally did come back, sometime around end of 2015, I had a significant amount of PED in CLD payouts that had accumulated. I decided to play a more active role in Entropia and bought a couple of shops in the game.

Real life changes and evolves, and as you get older, you'll be glad you've kept your account alive because you'll need to have hobbies you truly enjoy.

I'm glad I kept my account, anyway.

Cheers o/

Legends

I played pretty heavily for about a year when I first started, but then RL stuff came up and I knew I wouldn't be able to play for a while, so I sold all my gear. I would have sold all skills too, but luckily the current system makes that process totally not worth doing so I kept them.

After about a year and some change away I came back and basically had to re-buy all the stuff I sold. I wish I had just kept everything instead.

Moral of the story is, if you need a break but think you might come back and play one day, I recommend just keeping your gear and skills and hibernating until you are ready to play again.

Time flies. I started playing this when I was 15. Then had some break, came back at early 20s, now I am slowly reaching my 30. When I was a teen I could skip school to play, had plenty of time to fool around. For the past 2 or 3 years I just simply cant find time not only to "keep pace" but to play at all. There are many reasons, my life has changed. I graduated university, moved with gf to another city, she will be soon my wife. Wedding planning is complicated, I changed job in the process, had to travel to asia and south america for business reasons. I have always loved reading, I play guitar and bass Ive always liked music and not lying to you I am a trying to be a gamer and keep up with new games but cannot even finish witcher 3 since june 2018. I dont want to leave all that stuff behind.

I don't have time to play EU.

I work 8am-4pm. Do some stuff at home, take care of my car, do all the suff man at home usually do. I visit my family who lives in other city, visit my old hight schoold friends, I plan to move from apartment to a house I wanna build from zero, in 2-3 years will probably become a father.

Not to mention I often need to learn new things for my job, try to learn new language. I had some health issues recently and i have to move my ass from time to time and train to give my body what it needs now.
hardly played EU. I cant find time to do it.

What do you do to be able to play at competitive level when your life is full of other stuff you need to take care of.

Or maybe being 28-35 is just wrong time to play games. Should i put my account on hold? sell out? help me.

Congratulations!!!

You have a life!!
(unlike many others here)

Cherish it! :thumbup:

What do you mean with playing on a competitive level?
Except for some events there's little competition.

I personally had a 3 year break and that's not a problem at all in Entropia.
I sold most my gear, turned it into deeds and when I started again after 3 years I had a nice starting cash bonus.
So if you have no time, no worries, being inactive makes you a lot more money!

If you play little, my advice would be to sell all the expensive gear and convert that into deeds.
Gear sitting in storage is dead capital.
Deeds generate PED which you can use to buy (L) gear instead.
MU doesnt really matter, since that is easily compensated by the revenue.

UL gear only makes sense if you use it a lot!! Then you save massively on MU. But if used sporadically it's just a waste.

So, enjoy life, you only have one of it!

Apparantely you just need a few friends and can share one account to play at a competitive level - thats what all the cool kids do. What this costs to do i cannot say. Better trust who you share with for obvious reasons.

Back