Help: How to exit game to desktop...

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
For many years I just would place my cursor in a chat window and hold Ctrl+Esc and for some reason that would take me to my Desktop (both on my gaming laptop and my Asus ROG desktop computer).

Sadly, this no longer seems to work :(

I've tried Alt+Tab, this allows me to choose from any application that is currently running on the computer but doesn't allow me to go to my Desktop...

I've tried the Windows key and Windows+D and that doesn't do anything...

Does anyone have the answer to this? How do I go from Fullscreen mode to my Desktop? There should be an easy shortcut for this, right now I have to go to Options and manually exit Fullscreen mode to achieve this...

Thanks for your help.

Legends

For many years I just would place my cursor in a chat window and hold Ctrl+Esc and for some reason that would take me to my Desktop (both on my gaming laptop and my Asus ROG desktop computer).

Sadly, this no longer seems to work :(

I've tried Alt+Tab, this allows me to choose from any application that is currently running on the computer but doesn't allow me to go to my Desktop...

I've tried the Windows key and Windows+D and that doesn't do anything...

Does anyone have the answer to this? How do I go from Fullscreen mode to my Desktop? There should be an easy shortcut for this, right now I have to go to Options and manually exit Fullscreen mode to achieve this...

Thanks for your help.

Legends

Not sure if I understand you correctly but ALT - F4, that's what I use to quick exit the game to desktop.

Not sure if I understand you correctly but ALT - F4, that's what I use to quick exit the game to desktop.

Hmmm, interesting... Looks like the game just shutdown completely, will have to re-log...

Left Alt + TAB on windows 10.
Left Alt + Enter makes the game go from fullscreen to windowed mode, press again for fullscreen.
Windows key + D key for going to desktop.
To close the game there is lots of way

The game seems to block Win key in fullscreen. A clumsy workaround is Alt-Esc followed by Win-D.

I’ve always played in windowed fullscreen.
I have to use alt+tab to access client loader, this then allows me to access the task bar at the bottom of the screen, with my cursor.
Or from client loader, you can alt+tab to desktop window, that is available from there. But for some reason can’t get to desktop window from game window.

Hope this helps as a work around for you.

Keep client loader or any other window open and just hit Alt-Esc to switch.

If you have no other windows available then just Ctrl-Alt-Del and bring up task manager, then you can access desktop.

Could press the Windows key and then click in the buttomright near the clock. This will work

The game seems to block Win key in fullscreen. A clumsy workaround is Alt-Esc followed by Win-D.

That is clumsy indeed, but I think that will work for me, thanks

Try to open up your blueprints section, that takes me right to the desktop. :rolleyes:

Back