Quick VR review (request)

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Odd request maybe, but can someone do a quick video review of the new VR experience in EU? I don't have a headset :(

I'm mostly interested in the general feeling and possible performance impact. How does the game feel? are there any problems with the UI? Clipping issues? stuttering? headaches? motion sickness? latency issues? other bugs? is it smooth enough? how about ingame interaction? floating hands or full body?

If it works well enough I could get my own VR headset this xmas.

Thoughts? Thank you :)

headaches? motion sickness?

These two things are entirely dependant on the person. I myself got motion sickness from a VR racing game, yet my friend can keep playing for hours on hours without any signs.

Same with headaches, although many headaches can be from the settings on the actual VR device itself.
Clipping - this game already has clipping issues in some areas, so expect them.
Latency - expect this as well...which will most likely make you sick.

Everything else, someone would have to test for you, but there are much other games that would be better for VR than Entropia. I would not go out and spend decent money to get a VR headset for this game.....just my opinion though.

i dont even know why someone would play this in vr... i mean most of the tools we get are helping us to afk play or at least semi afk play. i barely know anyone who isnt watching tv when playing EU... its the most boring grind game out there so why the hell would someone want to actively play it?

headaches? motion sickness?

These two things are entirely dependant on the person. I myself got motion sickness from a VR racing game, yet my friend can keep playing for hours on hours without any signs.

Same with headaches, although many headaches can be from the settings on the actual VR device itself.
Clipping - this game already has clipping issues in some areas, so expect them.
Latency - expect this as well...which will most likely make you sick.

Everything else, someone would have to test for you, but there are much other games that would be better for VR than Entropia. I would not go out and spend decent money to get a VR headset for this game.....just my opinion though.

I know I'm prone to motion sickness, it even happened to me when they changed the camera system until I figured out how to configure the graphic settings to avoid it.

But it doesn't happen with every game, so I really want to know if VR here is done properly. I mean, if 2 or 3 people do a review and all of them get sick while playing I'll forget all about it and save me the money and time. If on the other hand nobody reports problems I'll take the risk because I've been thinking of getting my own headset for a while.

Also, it would not be ONLY for EU (but a nice bonus, since I play this game the most).

PS: I found several shorts clips from solo testing VR here. Thank you solo !!

Solo was playing in VR mode and streaming it so just ask him on waveevents or send him a pm if u got any questions

I has test EU with my Oculus Rift, but it is not playable with that.

Maybe i need to play around with the controlls, but i could not move, nor get a gun and shot at some thing.

What I have noticed from the videos is that when you disengage VR and go back to normal mode you are bombarded with all the loot and damage messages you got while on VR (they dont show up in VR) all at once !!

I guess this is not how it was designed to work right? lol

I do own a headset, but I dont even bother to try it with entropia.
Entropia is everything but immersive.
Use it for cool stuff like driving or flight simulators were all your senses are stimulated.
But not in a boring Entropia.

And as mentioned above, entropia is mostly played as side activity.
You don't need ADHD to be easily distracted from playing entropia.

A headset would be a great nuisance to wear.

I has test EU with my Oculus Rift, but it is not playable with that.

Maybe i need to play around with the controlls, but i could not move, nor get a gun and shot at some thing.

Same for me on a Rift, basically it was just a fancy display. It was just a curiosity though - I didn't mess with it much since I can't imagine wanting to play EU in VR.

Personally I only like VR games that actually utilize the touch controllers. Some people like games like Elite Dangerous where you play sitting down with keyboard/mouse, but for me it just defeats the purpose of VR.

EU in particular generally involves a lot of reading text, and it's a bit of a strain with the current VR display technology. That's why games like Beat Saber are so popular - the niche for VR is simple visceral games, not complex MMOs.

I wasn't able to access the VR mode with my HTC Vive. If anyone figures how, I would love to know!

Thanks!
-Three :cool:

I wasn't able to access the VR mode with my HTC Vive. If anyone figures how, I would love to know!

According to the release notes:

A new VR action has been added to the Action Library, which launches Virtual Reality for Oculus Rift. (Note that this system is still experimental and not fully supported).

So I think just for Oculus at this point. Don't worry, you aren't missing much.

I will say that I had EU working with VorpX at one point, so you might have some luck there. It was many VUs ago, though.

Personally I only like VR games that actually utilize the touch controllers. Some people like games like Elite Dangerous where you play sitting down with keyboard/mouse, but for me it just defeats the purpose of VR.

Dude, elite dangerous you dont play with keyboard and mouse!!
You play it with dual joysticks and voice control!

:wtg:

PS, Im a horrible blind typer. So can't use my keyboard properly with a headset on.
So, just full joystick control and voice control to control your ships computer.

Awesome!!

Dude, elite dangerous you dont play with keyboard and mouse!!
You play it with dual joysticks and voice control!

Hah, fair enough (and cool setup) - I haven't actually played it, it just came to mind as a game with a complex UI that was designed to be played sitting at your keyboard (whether or not you are using it).

EU's interface doesn't really lend itself well to pure touch controls, even if they did decide to make them work. I suppose you could use speech-to-text in lieu of typing, but I still think it would be clunky. I think it would be difficult to remove the keyboard from this game, but who knows what MA is plotting...

Back