Black screenshots

fric

Elite
Society
Amethera Demons
frolic fric dogfood
Am i the only one that get all black screenshots ?

Havent had this issue before so if someone know how to fix that id appreciate a tip how to =)

Since the V17 release reset most graphics settings, you should check to make sure your EL settings are still compatible with the in-game settings. Or the other way around. :scratch2:

Am i the only one that get all black screenshots ?

Havent had this issue before so if someone know how to fix that id appreciate a tip how to =)

Can you take screenshots "manually" or are they black, too?

It seems to depend on the resolution, with the in-game screenshot action I get normal screenshots at 1920x1200 but black at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440. At first I thought it depends on the aspect ratio, 16:9 (bad) vs 16:10 (good), but then someone said they have black screenshots at 1680×1050 which is 16:10.

Normally I use a 3rd party app to make screenshots (MSI Afterburner), with it I get normal screenshots in any conditions.

Sharex best screenshot program :D

Screenshots look like the above at 1680x1050 since VU 17.0. They still work at 1600x900 though.

No fix that I am aware of at the moment.

Screenshots look like the above at 1680x1050 since VU 17.0. They still work at 1600x900 though.

No fix that I am aware of at the moment.

It seems to be a bug in the way EU is saving it... if you paste the clipboard contents into an imaging program after pressing prtsc or alt-prtsc you will get a good image.

I have the same problem any fix yet ?

All my screenshots are fine as *.jpg @ 2560x1440

windows mode or full ? maybe change

i get black ones in both windowed and full :S

Going back a ways here but... there is a problem with the default nvidia settings which may provide insight even if you do not have an nvidia card. It defaults to a "Quality" setting which has caused problems with my systems in the past, especially with Entropia Universe and involved black screenshots and also large black areas in the distance, especially water on Rocktropia.

The fix was:

NVidia Control Panel > 3D Settings > Adjust image settings with preview

The default setting is "Let the 3D application decide" PLUS the slider under "Use my preference emphasizing:" will be set to "Quality"

You need to activate "Use my preference emphasizing" and change it to "Performance" THEN change it back to "Let the 3D application decide" (don't forget to apply the changes each time)

This fixed the 2 problems I mentioned for me and was mentioned in the support site somewhere, somehow. As I said, If this does not directly apply to you, perhaps you can glean some information from it that will help solve your problem.

Ill check this out to!

Thx to all WHO have replied to a compnoob like me ?

Going back a ways here but... there is a problem with the default nvidia settings which may provide insight even if you do not have an nvidia card. It defaults to a "Quality" setting which has caused problems with my systems in the past, especially with Entropia Universe and involved black screenshots and also large black areas in the distance, especially water on Rocktropia.

The fix was:

NVidia Control Panel > 3D Settings > Adjust image settings with preview

The default setting is "Let the 3D application decide" PLUS the slider under "Use my preference emphasizing:" will be set to "Quality"

You need to activate "Use my preference emphasizing" and change it to "Performance" THEN change it back to "Let the 3D application decide" (don't forget to apply the changes each time)

This fixed the 2 problems I mentioned for me and was mentioned in the support site somewhere, somehow. As I said, If this does not directly apply to you, perhaps you can glean some information from it that will help solve your problem.

i tried as you said but didnt fix for me anyone else fixed it without changing screen resolution >

i tried as you said but didnt fix for me anyone else fixed it without changing screen resolution >

Would you by chance be using G-Sync?

Would you by chance be using G-Sync?

No i am not i tried all resolutions and still same problem even full screen it does the same for me.

i think ive tried everyhting and cant get it to work :S

so tried all the suggestions in thread again also tried all resolutions both windowed and full!

still same shit all black so i thought of getting another program for screenshots are there any other that take them automatically ?

I just got told from a mate how to get it working you must disable the xbox game bar its been along time of no screen shots or pictures :))

I just got told from a mate how to get it working you must disable the xbox game bar its been along time of no screen shots or pictures :))
That is one of the 1st things I do on a new windows install. Would have never guessed that. Good for future reference!

Back