The Mission Galactica Conundrum, The Resto Chip

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
This age old mission has done many well but like many things that have been revamped in the game, it is time! We are at an impasse if you have this Mission. All new players are offered this mission and as someone who has owned one of these must have UL - Resto chips on a few occasions. Think we need to address the elephant in the room.

There is ZERO reason to ever do this mission Again as the cost is 5,000 PED TT and the chip recently sold for under 4,000 PED. I know it boggles the mind. :eyecrazy: Each of the 2 times I have owned a Resto chip I have bought it for well under 5k TT value and so I am currently on Stage 4 with no reason to ever complete it.

Yes there is the Divine Chip and I do love completing missions but I still can buy the Divine Chip and Adj Resto Chip for cheaper then the cost of the mission. It's sad that this Mission wasn't ever protected and maintained. It was just allowed to take a nose dive if you will and now we are in the current situation.

Like many out there I am sure you are in my spot you have this mission but there isn't any compelling reason to complete it. So what do we do?

We revamp it and do something that hasn't been done so well at times in this game "We protect" the investment of doing the mission.

My first suggestion is......

Since the cost of the Adj Resto chip is 5,000 PED TT that if for some reason a player is looking to either "CASH" out or make a quick sale that this chip should be able to be sold back to the NPC mission broker for 5,000 PED.

This solves many issues, first it protects the value of the chip at the 5,000 PED price tag. Second and this is most important this raises the MU on oils and the MU on the chip. The reason is that if players do cash out and want to sell the chip to the NPC it removes the chip from circulation making the remaining chips more valuable. Also increasing MU on oils for people looking to complete stage of the Mission Galactica. Hence stimulating the Economy!

This will mean there is always a reason to do this mission because no matter what you are maintaining the TT value of the chip. MA loses nothing and gains happy players that feel confident about depositing to grind this mission and attain one of these chips.

Currently I would love and I am sure many other hunters would love to finish the Mission Galactica Chain for the joy of completing it and also getting an awesome item at the end. I personally would love to work toward one of the higher chips, either Imp or Mod chips but there is "NO WAY" this is even remotely viable with the fact that the Adj Chip sells for over 1k less that the TT value.

So please MA it's time you revamp this mission and it's a very simple fix with my above proposal. We need to fix the mission or get rid of it.

PS- Thanks for the Resto L chips as this is greatly appreciated and now I have a way to put those high lvl Biotropic skills to use. This was a great move and welcomed :yay:

Thanks Abomb

It was easy predictable this would happen from the day they introduced this mission, refunding any money spend on it is like asking them to pay back all the money they made with this so far.

Mindark also might not care at all and let the mission become obsolete, who knows :lam:

Possible fixes would be :

Account bound (Hope this never happens)
Adjusting costs for the mission chain (only a temp fix)
Adding another highly demanded reward at the end of the chain that require to turn in more resto chips as you created with your mission.

Items have always lost value over time as more and more enter game. This would be a very bad idea.

Items have always lost value over time as more and more enter game. This would be a very bad idea.

You are mission the point....

Items have always lost value but they don't go below TT value! You aren't going to sell a weapon that is worth 5,000 PED TT value on auction for 4,000 PED. You could just go to the TT machine. That is the same with the Resto chips. They are worth 5,000 PED TT and should be able to be sold for 5,000 PED TT to the NPC. Again that is ZERO MU. Just asking to keep TT value ROFL....

We are just talking about maintaining the TT value of the mission. We are also asking for a reason to ever do this mission again. We are also asking for ways to stimulate the economy and maybe just maybe get Oils over 100.50% MU.

From MA's view a new player they want to Cycle PED on missions. Does the new player start the Mission Galactica or instead just buy it for the chip for under TT value on auction saving time and PED cycled?

Again we can remove the mission as well. However it can't stay as it currently is either.

So suggestions are welcome :)

Last edited:
But they don't have 5k PED TT.

They cost ~5k PED to make, fine but that's markup and not TT. The fact that the markup is paid to MA instead of a player makes no difference to me. Should CLD have some kind of protection for going below 1000 PED? Compets surely didn't, why should resto chips be different?

I get the frustration, but like others have said most items lose value over time.

However it can't stay as it currently is either.

Actually it can stay the way it currently is....MA technically don't have to change anything.
Obviously us players would like to get the TT value spent back on the chip instead of the small 30 something ped value. But just because you spend 5K ped or more to get the chip, doesn't mean that the chip is worth that much. If it was worth that much then there would not be people selling the chip for less than what they paid for it. Also that would mean the divine chip should have a 0ped value if you make the resto chip worth 5K ped. That divine chip being added is one of the contributing factors in why the resto chip is not worth the 5K ped. You can make up the difference by selling that chip as well.

The chip in itself is a fantastic healing tool for a solo player, it allows you to hunt higher mobs that would require either more armor or more time to kill due to having to stop shooting and heal yourself over and over. The fact that it costs hardly anything to use as well is a big factor. If you are a hunter, it makes sense to get that chip, whether you buy from someone else or do the mission. But for someone to sell that chip to you, means someone else did the mission and spent the 5K tt + mu to get the chip in the first place.

But they don't have 5k PED TT.

They cost ~5k PED to make, fine but that's markup and not TT. The fact that the markup is paid to MA instead of a player makes no difference to me. Should CLD have some kind of protection for going below 1000 PED? Compets surely didn't, why should resto chips be different?

I get the frustration, but like others have said most items lose value over time.

The exact TT value of the Adj Resto Chip is 5,100.05 PED. We have known this for a long time and has a wonderful thread explaining the TT value already for each stage here.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274908-Mission-Galactica

I am not frustrated, I am trying to help improve the game and revamp a dead mission that there is no point to currently partake in. I don't have a dog in the race except to improve the game for the players new and old because why not? I don't currently own this chip and I didn't lose money on this chip. Thanks

The exact TT value of the Adj Resto Chip is 5,100.05 PED. We have known this for a long time and has a wonderful thread explaining the TT value already for each stage here.

The max TT value of adj resto is 48 PED. [link]

Are we redefining what TT value means now? Also, I totally forgot about the divine chip. Will you sell your divine for 0 PED?

Sorry, this thread makes no sense to me.

What about all those players that spent 30K+ PED on tiering their gear? Should they ALL get compensated since that was PED spent to MA that now comes back as shrapnel?

MA would probably go bankrupt if they paid all the tier costs back all at once.

Are we redefining what TT value means now? Also, I totally forgot about the divine chip. Will you sell your divine for 0 PED?

Baffled how it doesn't make sense. Are you just not trying to see the big picture on purpose. The TT vale of the Chip is 5,100.05 PED. That is what it cost to make it if you have the materials. Now are you going to take those materials to the TT and get back 5,100.05 PED or turn in a mission and get something worth 1k+ less? It isn't complicated :eyecrazy: Which means there is no reason to EVER do the mission....... Which is the point of the thread and to open up suggestions and discussion.

You aren't going to spend 5,100 PED to make something worth 4k PED. Again back at the issue which is the Mission Galactica mission. So what next? Just felt like opening up a dialog about it. Since the mission can't be done as it currently is because you aren't going to sped 5,100 TT PED to make a 4k item. Sigh...

Sorry but there really is no other way to look at the chip then it having a TT value of 5,100.05 PED. So if you disagree there then oh well.... you have a different view on things I guess. :scratch2:

What about all those players that spent 30K+ PED on tiering their gear? Should they ALL get compensated since that was PED spent to MA that now comes back as shrapnel?

MA would probably go bankrupt if they paid all the tier costs back all at once.

Off topic and I am sure a thread could be made to discuss that and the future of tiering.

The focus of this thread is the Mission Galactica and what do we do with it "Moving forward"? What changes can be done so there is a reason to complete it again? These are the questions that if you have ideas I welcome. Trying to stay on topic. Lets discuss the future of this Mission.

I did make a suggestion and it's okay if people don't agree however a counter suggestion to fixing the issue from posters would be welcomed instead X is bad... We don't get very far in topics that way and would like people to come up with ideas.

Last edited:
Baffled how it doesn't make sense. Are you just not trying to see the big picture on purpose. The TT vale of the Chip is 5,100.05 PED. That is what it cost to make it if you have the materials. Now are you going to take those materials to the TT and get back 5,100.05 PED or turn in a mission and get something worth 1k+ less? It isn't complicated :eyecrazy: Which means there is no reason to EVER do the mission....... Which is the point of the thread and to open up suggestions and discussion.

You aren't going to spend 5,100 PED to make something worth 4k PED. Again back at the issue which is the Mission Galactica mission. So what next? Just felt like opening up a dialog about it. Since the mission can't be done as it currently is because you aren't going to sped 5,100 TT PED to make a 4k item. Sigh...

Sorry but there really is no other way to look at the chip then it having a TT value of 5,100.05 PED. So if you disagree there then oh well.... you have a different view on things I guess. :scratch2:

there is every reason to do the mission.. that reason is.. you want the toy to play with! Not every player is PED-centric and a trader. Some of us actually depo to play expecting losses etc but just having fun. Most of the time I overpay for stuff I want cuz I want it right now =p

It is just how it works. When a player decides to not keep and use the chip but to sell it for less than 5,100.05 PED it is his or her own fault really. In theory it is worth even more than 5.100,05ped because said player could of sold the mats for MU to another player. But you trade all that tt to MA for an item with 48,00ped tt value.

I never made one my self but many friends of mine quite enjoy to just slowly work towards that mission/ chip. I really think that is one of the best feature of that Mission. One can save up mats for a really nice and somewhat pricy healing tool.

there is every reason to do the mission.. that reason is.. you want the toy to play with! Not every player is PED-centric and a trader.

I am not being PED-centric and I most definitely am not a trader. I just am using common sense and not being completely stupid. I have bought the chip 2 times below TT value off Auction and have enjoyed my shiny new toy. The reason I sold it was because I wanted to work on First Aid skills and I knew if I kept the chip I wouldn't do that. I am a skiller after all :)

The Mission has been skippable for some time because NO ONE is going to give someone 5k PED and ask for 4k PED back. That is like asking for change for a 100 dollar bill and saying you know what I just need 4 twenties back. Who does that? No one. Which is where the mission is at if you are capable of simple math. That is how I view it but who knows maybe I'm crazy :laugh:

MAs business plan is:

1) Create an insentive to deposit
2) Decrease value of item to reduce withdrawals.

MAs business plan is:

1) Create an insentive to deposit
2) Decrease value of item to reduce withdrawals.

This is a post I can get behind and would like to expand on it. Since that is one of the main topics is incentive to do something.

Does the Mission Galactica still create a reason to deposit? No

You are gonna skip that Mission and just buy it for 4k off Auction which is No PED cycled and No decay.

So it would be in MA's best interest to stick to their model and at least create incentive to actually do the mission again. To cycle PED :)

No expert on this...but now the price of the Adj Resto dropped bec the Resto L Chips were discoverd and ppl gained the thinking that the adj resto UL is now less worth....(divine price is a seperate topic)

That and some ppl were eager to sell theirs..let the price drop to 4k or a bit less even...but at a certain point of time..every1 who wanted to have the ul chip +divine and have it then...arent on the market anymore and the chips avail on market decrease then...

then it depends now also on the drop rate of the L resto chip....if we are flooded with L rest chips ...ppl wont do the mission then bec the mu of the L chips is also then very low.

If the droprate isnt or will be very high, then real-4hours+ per day hunters will do the Galactica mission then and the chip also would raise then on value...

Also if you calc the atm price...1x Adj. resto Ul = 4k +1x divine 1.2 K ped -->5.2k then you are near the total cost of the mission (not counting the hunts to get the divine, in my calc=0)

in past the price were more like 4.4k+1.3k=5.7k --> a bit more then the total cost of the mission chain

Lets see on where it goes....all depends on the drop rate of those L resto chips now....if MA wants it this way,then they bury their own galactica mission chain...

Eddie

This is correct. As much as some feel hurt, they are irrational. Take the Equus/Firebird ships, or any high-end gear obtained by winning competitions, there is no guarantee that they can't trade below their initial cost and there is no sound reason to even try and implement such a security.

However, the situation that these chips were traded for dumping prices existed already several years ago and I sent the following suggestion via support, later published here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-happy-NOW!&p=3574821&viewfull=1#post3574821

"Offer the possibility to return an Adjusted or Improved Restoration Chip to Dread Castamir for continuing the mission to a higher chip. This way some selling pressure is taken away, at least from those who wish to upgrade. Market prices have already fallen below cost to make a new one, this had to be anticipated."

IMO the main reason the price fell below the TT cost wasnt the amount of chips but rather the fact that all components needed for the mission were added to tons of mobs instead of keeping them rare. Mindark destroyed any markup on the lootable components and therefor turning them into tt fodder and making them pointless to have in mob loot. The mission was called mission galactica it was supposed to be about space, the drops should have come from space pvp areas then there would have always been a good markup on the drops and as alternative path for planethunters there could have been a very rare drop of those components on a select few planetside mobs.
If the balancing team had made sure that the 'rare' drops for the mission had kept around 130-150% mu then the resale value of the chip would be much higher as well.
Add to that the possibility of returning the chips at a slight loss to the mission broker to resume the mission for the next lvl and there would have been sustained value in the product as well as the mats giving hunters around the universe some extra drops in hunting loot to actually keep to sell and not tt.

Bottom line is, MA wants a piece of the pie as well, they want to sell stuff with high MU and make some money too. Why should they give all of that to the players and have none for themselves?

What you're proposing is totally unrealistic. What about Viceroy? What about Adjusted Armors and plates like Adjusted 5B plates? Should we go and calculate how much TT they cost to make and demand that MA buys them back at cost to make??? Makes absolutely no sense...

It's all supply and demand and if there was to be an influx of new players, you would see the Adj Resto chips price rise back up and maybe even above the cost to make, since some players would not have the patience to do the entire mission just to have the chip.

What I would like to see is after all the textures are re-done and the graphics and gameplay issues are completely resolved, is that MA put some dollars in acquiring new players for Entropia. I think that's a more sensible long term solution to any of these issues that have to do with market saturation and mu volatility on valuable items.

Legends

Buy up all the adj restos making the demand higher than supply. woila!

If you don't want to do it you could just not do it. Crazy idea, I know.

If you don't want to do it you could just not do it. Crazy idea, I know.

It's actually common sense to not do it. Since it is a pointless outdated mission. After some thought it would be better if they just remove the mission. Start over from scratch and add a new Mission Galactica for different items, maybe some cool new armors and totally different chips or items. This would create incentive for players again.

You forget about divine chip.

Go use one of the low L resto chips, they made those just for you.

This post is stupid.

Since the cost of the Adj Resto chip is 5,000 PED TT that if for some reason a player is looking to either "CASH" out or make a quick sale that this chip should be able to be sold back to the NPC mission broker for 5,000 PED.

So you will turn in the "Free" divine chip you get too right to get that 5k tt back?

Even if you sell your adj resto for 4k and divine for 1k you break even, both items together are still worth over your 5k value.

It's still profitable to do the adj resto+divine mission once...period.

You forget about divine chip.

Go use one of the low L resto chips, they made those just for you.

This post is stupid.

What a fantastic suggestion to improve the game. Try to stay on topic and be constructive. I know it's hard to do lol.

Side note it's good they introduced high level Resto L chips. I already said that is a positive for us to put those skills to good use.

I would like to point out that the new L resto chips have fairly high Biotropic requirements.

I can see a need to use the UL resto chips to gain the needed Biotropic , as they skill it very nicely.

Back