PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about all those players that spent 30K+ PED on tiering their gear? Should they ALL get compensated since that was PED spent to MA that now comes back as shrapnel?

MA would probably go bankrupt if they paid all the tier costs back all at once.
    Off topic and I am sure a thread could be made to discuss that and the future of tiering.

The focus of this thread is the Mission Galactica and what do we do with it "Moving forward"? What changes can be done so there is a reason to complete it again? These are the questions that if you have ideas I welcome. Trying to stay on topic. Lets discuss the future of this Mission.

I did make a suggestion and it's okay if people don't agree however a counter suggestion to fixing the issue from posters would be welcomed instead X is bad... We don't get very far in topics that way and would like people to come up with ideas.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 12-08-2019 at 18:36.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,541 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,394 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 4,590 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Baffled how it doesn't make sense. Are you just not trying to see the big picture on purpose. The TT vale of the Chip is 5,100.05 PED. That is what it cost to make it if you have the materials. Now are you going to take those materials to the TT and get back 5,100.05 PED or turn in a mission and get something worth 1k+ less? It isn't complicated Which means there is no reason to EVER do the mission....... Which is the point of the thread and to open up suggestions and discussion.

You aren't going to spend 5,100 PED to make something worth 4k PED. Again back at the issue which is the Mission Galactica mission. So what next? Just felt like opening up a dialog about it. Since the mission can't be done as it currently is because you aren't going to sped 5,100 TT PED to make a 4k item. Sigh...

Sorry but there really is no other way to look at the chip then it having a TT value of 5,100.05 PED. So if you disagree there then oh well.... you have a different view on things I guess.
    there is every reason to do the mission.. that reason is.. you want the toy to play with! Not every player is PED-centric and a trader. Some of us actually depo to play expecting losses etc but just having fun. Most of the time I overpay for stuff I want cuz I want it right now =p
    ✘✘✘ ViP™₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Osgard Montbertus MontMontbertus
    Society
    Kaos
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Baffled how it doesn't make sense. Are you just not trying to see the big picture on purpose. The TT vale of the Chip is 5,100.05 PED. That is what it cost to make it if you have the materials. Now are you going to take those materials to the TT and get back 5,100.05 PED or turn in a mission and get something worth 1k+ less? It isn't complicated Which means there is no reason to EVER do the mission....... Which is the point of the thread and to open up suggestions and discussion.

You aren't going to spend 5,100 PED to make something worth 4k PED. Again back at the issue which is the Mission Galactica mission. So what next? Just felt like opening up a dialog about it. Since the mission can't be done as it currently is because you aren't going to sped 5,100 TT PED to make a 4k item. Sigh...

Sorry but there really is no other way to look at the chip then it having a TT value of 5,100.05 PED. So if you disagree there then oh well.... you have a different view on things I guess.
    It is just how it works. When a player decides to not keep and use the chip but to sell it for less than 5,100.05 PED it is his or her own fault really. In theory it is worth even more than 5.100,05ped because said player could of sold the mats for MU to another player. But you trade all that tt to MA for an item with 48,00ped tt value.

I never made one my self but many friends of mine quite enjoy to just slowly work towards that mission/ chip. I really think that is one of the best feature of that Mission. One can save up mats for a really nice and somewhat pricy healing tool.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    there is every reason to do the mission.. that reason is.. you want the toy to play with! Not every player is PED-centric and a trader.
    I am not being PED-centric and I most definitely am not a trader. I just am using common sense and not being completely stupid. I have bought the chip 2 times below TT value off Auction and have enjoyed my shiny new toy. The reason I sold it was because I wanted to work on First Aid skills and I knew if I kept the chip I wouldn't do that. I am a skiller after all

The Mission has been skippable for some time because NO ONE is going to give someone 5k PED and ask for 4k PED back. That is like asking for change for a 100 dollar bill and saying you know what I just need 4 twenties back. Who does that? No one. Which is where the mission is at if you are capable of simple math. That is how I view it but who knows maybe I'm crazy
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,541 RG Skill points

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    MAs business plan is:

1) Create an insentive to deposit
    2) Decrease value of item to reduce withdrawals.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    MAs business plan is:

1) Create an insentive to deposit
    2) Decrease value of item to reduce withdrawals.
    This is a post I can get behind and would like to expand on it. Since that is one of the main topics is incentive to do something.

Does the Mission Galactica still create a reason to deposit? No

You are gonna skip that Mission and just buy it for 4k off Auction which is No PED cycled and No decay.

So it would be in MA's best interest to stick to their model and at least create incentive to actually do the mission again. To cycle PED

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT ´N LOOT
    No expert on this...but now the price of the Adj Resto dropped bec the Resto L Chips were discoverd and ppl gained the thinking that the adj resto UL is now less worth....(divine price is a seperate topic)

That and some ppl were eager to sell theirs..let the price drop to 4k or a bit less even...but at a certain point of time..every1 who wanted to have the ul chip +divine and have it then...arent on the market anymore and the chips avail on market decrease then...

then it depends now also on the drop rate of the L resto chip....if we are flooded with L rest chips ...ppl wont do the mission then bec the mu of the L chips is also then very low.

If the droprate isnt or will be very high, then real-4hours+ per day hunters will do the Galactica mission then and the chip also would raise then on value...

Also if you calc the atm price...1x Adj. resto Ul = 4k +1x divine 1.2 K ped -->5.2k then you are near the total cost of the mission (not counting the hunts to get the divine, in my calc=0)

in past the price were more like 4.4k+1.3k=5.7k --> a bit more then the total cost of the mission chain

Lets see on where it goes....all depends on the drop rate of those L resto chips now....if MA wants it this way,then they bury their own galactica mission chain...

Eddie

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    The max TT value of adj resto is 48 PED. [link]

Are we redefining what TT value means now? Also, I totally forgot about the divine chip. Will you sell your divine for 0 PED?

Sorry, this thread makes no sense to me.
    This is correct. As much as some feel hurt, they are irrational. Take the Equus/Firebird ships, or any high-end gear obtained by winning competitions, there is no guarantee that they can't trade below their initial cost and there is no sound reason to even try and implement such a security.

However, the situation that these chips were traded for dumping prices existed already several years ago and I sent the following suggestion via support, later published here: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3574821

"Offer the possibility to return an Adjusted or Improved Restoration Chip to Dread Castamir for continuing the mission to a higher chip. This way some selling pressure is taken away, at least from those who wish to upgrade. Market prices have already fallen below cost to make a new one, this had to be anticipated."
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    IMO the main reason the price fell below the TT cost wasnt the amount of chips but rather the fact that all components needed for the mission were added to tons of mobs instead of keeping them rare. Mindark destroyed any markup on the lootable components and therefor turning them into tt fodder and making them pointless to have in mob loot. The mission was called mission galactica it was supposed to be about space, the drops should have come from space pvp areas then there would have always been a good markup on the drops and as alternative path for planethunters there could have been a very rare drop of those components on a select few planetside mobs.
    If the balancing team had made sure that the 'rare' drops for the mission had kept around 130-150% mu then the resale value of the chip would be much higher as well.
    Add to that the possibility of returning the chips at a slight loss to the mission broker to resume the mission for the next lvl and there would have been sustained value in the product as well as the mats giving hunters around the universe some extra drops in hunting loot to actually keep to sell and not tt.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Bottom line is, MA wants a piece of the pie as well, they want to sell stuff with high MU and make some money too. Why should they give all of that to the players and have none for themselves?

What you're proposing is totally unrealistic. What about Viceroy? What about Adjusted Armors and plates like Adjusted 5B plates? Should we go and calculate how much TT they cost to make and demand that MA buys them back at cost to make??? Makes absolutely no sense...

It's all supply and demand and if there was to be an influx of new players, you would see the Adj Resto chips price rise back up and maybe even above the cost to make, since some players would not have the patience to do the entire mission just to have the chip.

What I would like to see is after all the textures are re-done and the graphics and gameplay issues are completely resolved, is that MA put some dollars in acquiring new players for Entropia. I think that's a more sensible long term solution to any of these issues that have to do with market saturation and mu volatility on valuable items.

Legends

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast