PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Young
    John Duhword Boy
    Images
    and just to rant... I think its totally retarded that on a run where I use a 15mg of every kind of pill and get lucky and hit 200+ criticals in an hour... I loot roughly the exact same this year as in an hour unpilled… roughly enough to cover ammo but absolutely no decay... unless I hit a hof…. more people would probably participate and make this expense lower... however, most quit before they start because they cannot use a good enough weapon for their category, because the dps limit is higher than what is appropriate for the skill cap.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blah blah blah
    There is no twisting of words here, stop playing the victim, you just won't accept that what you propose is not the be all/end all solution, it just creates other problems where things are geared again towards the players that can spend the most money or have been playing the game since it started, like it did in the past. This does not help growth/retention in the game at the new player level which is what Entropia needs, essentially new players will see that the only way to get anything good out of events, is to get to the top, which takes YEARS, and until then they will not get the return on competing. Many cannot afford to do that, and by the time they get there, the others already at a high level will be even further ahead of them. However giving them different Cats to work through is incentive to skill up to a certain point.

People sitting at the bottom of a top 1000, event after event are not going to keep putting money into the game, sure it will for a few dedicated, but the majority will see little progress and give up. You don't seem to understand this and are only focused on what the top can get because you have a high skilled avatar (that you can't sell the skills for) and are disappointed that you get nothing when someone knocks you out of placing. That is not seeing the big picture.

I have already conceded that your system would be useful, just not if implemented as one grouping, but as split over separate cats. You could have a top 100 per cat or something like that, which will still give incentive to skill up as the higher cats generally earn more, but also gives new and low level players an incentive instead of "well in 10 years i can get somewhere in the top 500 and maybe earn a small piece of pie". The top in those cats should still earn more than the lower in other cats, as a reward for doing well and placing high in their cat.

You can find my language as offensive as you want, that is not my concern and means next to nothing to me. I no longer compete in Mayhem events myself, and it is for neither of those two reasons you put above. I agree that its a shame that the current system is geared towards high skilled players chipping out so they can compete in a cat that doesn't have other high skilled players with a better investment than they do, more time, luck and add any other reason you want in here.

I find it quite funny that you have people messaging you daily saying they can't (or won't) compete because the category system excludes them. I probably have just as many people messaging me daily asking for a bulk deal better than the AH for some crafted ArMatrix rifles that will last a 5 hour session of their category. Business is quite good in that regard so you must really get annoyed with all of the messages you get everytime you log in.

But hey at the end of the day, your system does have potential, it needs to be looked at from all angles though. Entropia needs new player retention as well as keeping older players happy, there has to be some sort of middle ground somewhere that can make the majority happy, I don't belive your system, as it is can do that. No matter how many words you bold or how many times you mention your opinion on it. It will just make the top players happy, but most of those players have already adapted to the new way or left the game.

So i guess we will agree to disagree on your system, but its been a fun discussion!

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    People don't chip out to stay at the top of a category. 10 levels makes virtually no difference. You have to have one of the better weapons for the category and rings, pills, etc and not be a moron. That's it. Oh, and luck.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

EU going up... but...

Who remember awesome look Port Atlantis without walls in great PE with great red Jukebox near big nice green trees? ...and wonderful atmospheric sounding instrumental music?? ..is anyone like that? mmmmm ...I miss this...

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images

let's compare it to something to make it more clear

I took tennis as an example.
    Watch how the a category system (here 3 categories, 5 spots each) makes people fall out.

People will on purpose start to underperform to get more prize money:
    In what way would this be fair?

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    People don't chip out to stay at the top of a category. 10 levels makes virtually no difference. You have to have one of the better weapons for the category and rings, pills, etc and not be a moron. That's it. Oh, and luck.
    People even give away their skills for free to get or stay in a lower category these days. Plenty of sales threads of that in this forum and in game trade channels.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Billyboy Carson
    Images
    Event´s will be unpopular so long you can compete L weapons.
    In theory you can compete L weapons but gl finding enough high tier L weapons for 15 hour.
    10 years ago it was possible and events was more popular also.

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Event´s will be unpopular so long you can compete L weapons.
    In theory you can compete L weapons but gl finding enough high tier L weapons for 15 hour.
    10 years ago it was possible and events was more popular also.
    Yes indeed. I think it is fair that UL weapons have a decent advantage.
    But I would already be happy if all of us could participate with some L weapons, not necessarily competing for top spots. A cat7 L T0 weapon should still be able to place in the top1000. It won't be as high as UL T10 cat7 weapons, but that is ok.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    People even give away their skills for free to get or stay in a lower category these days. Plenty of sales threads of that in this forum and in game trade channels.
    Yes, of course, I am just saying that it's not really any advantage to be at the "top" of a category other than maybe cat 10.

I do agree that the event system should not encourage this behavior though.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

To Naomi

Currently, as we all know, a 1st place in cat5, gets more prize money then a 8th place in cat6. And that while the person who gets place8 in cat6 is actually much better then the one who got 1st place in cat5.

That is where you are wrong, he is not better, he is just played for longer time, or spent more ped ingame and leveled up faster because of that, but not better. Leveling up in this game only require time and/or money.

You are not a better player, because your skills are higher.

You had the same chance as everybody else, by the pre-determined criteria's you choosed to compete, you placed, you were rewarded for it, like every other contender.

This is unfortunately, totally untrue. With the current system peole don't want to advance to the next category, on the contrary, people even chip out to get to a lower category today. This is common knowledge. This fact halts economy and evolution in Entropia.
    Not untrue, im a newbie also, placed in cat1 in my first mayhem, merry mayhem is very close, no time to move up, but i plan to compete higher in easter, and than higher again and again as time come to go up.

Or does someone think it would be fair if I made a new ava, and go win in cat1 all he time, like some ppl do?

Just because you played 10 years in this game, you cant win cat1 automatically if you make a new avatar.
    Winning cat1 require the same things as winning any other cat, its just cheaper overall as the category is lower.
    You will not win if you dont have the close to max dmg of that category weapon UL with enhancers, rings, pills, armor, and even if you have those, you not gonna win if you not lucky enough, because others have it too.

The real difference's are just the weapon's, that is cheaper in lower category, and ammount of ammo you have to cycle for completing your run.
    Just see Cambuurrinse, he was placed 3rd in CAT1 and 5th in CAT2.
    Do you think it rewarded him more than his previsious 1st and 5th place's in CAT8 from Summer mayhem?

Btw, what gives you the winning of CAT1? A placement token. What is it good for? Nothing at alone.
    You have to win 10k's of mayhem tokens, with the 1st place giving only 2000 token's.
    You need to win 5 times to be able to buy even the cheapest UL item, that worth like 5000 ped, and as there are others there to compete with you, you are not gonna win 5 times in a row, will take you like an year to win it.
    Is that really big enough to determinate your high skilled avatar and restart?

The mayhem you want is called Fair for all (FFA), its already exist, and you can see how great it is. Everybody have the same chances, will i try to compete? Never ever. As i would pass on your version of mayhem also till i played like many years and counted as a current Cat10 player.

Mayhem categories now balanced the mob health to the dmg limit. The same ring, pills, tiered weapon's, top dmg player from CATx can kill the same ammount of mobs like a same geared CATy player.

If your system will add a 10x multipier to the CAT10 player, than that system would be unfair for everybody else than CAT10 players.

CAT1 daikiba 540hp / 34 base dmg - 15.88 shoot's.
    CAT2 daikiba 720 / 48 - 15
    CAT5 1300/82 - 15.85
    CAT9 1740/110 - 15.81
    around egal all. Enhancers and amp's are %, also the pill's so its same for everybody, but with your multipier system, the higher your rank is the more advantage you have.

The current system not gives you any advantage. You are in a category by pre-determined criteria's, but than all the player's in that category have the same chance to win, its fair i think.

while the category system makes people sell out skills to dominate a category under their abilities, which makes it close to impossible for people who actually belong to that category to get a decent place, because people who should be in higher categories chipped out to come to theirs.

This is again wrong. Just because you chipped out, you cant dominate a lower category.
    You have the same skills as everybody else in that category, otherwise you wont be able to compete there.
    You can use the same gear as everybody else in that category.
    The only thing's that improves your chances to win are the gear and the ped card, but both of them is available for everybody else in that category.

Current system - if you cant afford, dont even try.
    Your system - if you not played 5-10 years before, dont even try.
    Last edited by Hego Damask; 12-13-2019 at 18:46.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast