Suggestion: EU 3.0, loving it, still much work to be done!

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
In 2019 I've been having the feeling that something has changed in Entropia. I've been feeling a fresh breeze coming out of the development department. It is not easy to run a company with all the legal issues, and I'm happy to see that there have been spent some resources towards bringing Entropia into the 21st century.

New graphics engine: awesome job! It still may need some tweaking. Water, avatar and items look so much better now. The terrain is still a bit outdated though.

Locking the items so you do not accidentally sell them in the TT. Awesome! We've been needing this for such a long time.

Finally the custom channels got fixed. When you relog, they remain!

I even got familiar with the new control system and the F(ck) key and all. It takes some getting used to, but it is actually quite good.

Here are some more request for issues that can be updated:

- add 'Create Plates Set'
This will enable players to swap armor sets, and add their favorite plating set to it as well, rather then doing it manually.

- Chat window size
Every time I log in my chat window's size decreases. Why?

- Add shops inventory to some kind of listing
I don't have the time nor the ability to resist glitching shops all the time without becoming nauseous. However many ppl sell interesting stuff in their shops, without the general public knowing it. Is it possible to give them a 'listing' in either a seperate auction category, a seperate NPC, or something else, so that we can know if something interesting is for sale without having to spend 1-2 hours to visit every shop?

- Gear should matter
Big events are a main driver in Entropia. They have been devaluating because of several reasons. One of these is the lending of gear. It feels a bit like, do you know the cartoon movie of Asterix and the olympics? At a certain time all the runners take the same magic potion, and they all arrive at the finish at the same time. That's the effect of lending gear. It requires less investment to participate and win, what does require is the ability to network and make good rich friends.
I would propose using the 'lock item' system. Add the option 'lock item for 30 days'. Every item used in the (mayhem) events must be locked for the full event, if you don't want to be disqualified.

I do understand that having multiple avatars use the same high-end gear in 1 event may generate more temporary revenue. However not being able to lend items out will re-value the prices of weapons, and make EU more attractive as an investment.

- Skills should matter
With the current mayhem category system, people chip out their avatars to be able to dominate a lower category. It feels the same as that primary school bully running amok kindergarten.
One of the main goals in Entropia has always been progressing and building your avatar. The current mayhem category system has kind'a destroyed this.
I have recently talked to a few other avatars, and they feel the same as I do. In my personal example, I am lvl 140+, but according to MA my participation in mayhem is worth less then a cat1 avatar... This is because there is only 10 spots (in cat10) where I would qualify to participate. This is impossible without heavy investment, which I am not capable of at this moment. If I would chip out to a lower category, I would probably dominate it. But this feels so wrong.. It is not fair, and I base my decisions upon that.
TODAY, BEING 11th IN CAT10 IS WORTH LESS THEN BEING 9TH IN CAT1

It is possible to solve this matter, and have EVERYONE take their shot at it. This will increase turnover and hence MA revenue: the proportional reward system.

New system: 10 categories to hunt in
Every avatar can hunt his x hours in whatever category, but you cannot interchange categories during event.
Final score gets multiplied by category number, the higher category you hunt in, the higher the multiplier of your points.

Final scoreboard is a top1000
Mayhem tokens get distributed proprotionally:
(your amount of tokens = total#tokens / totalscoreallavatarstop1000 * yourscore)

This solves so many issues:
- EVERYONE can now participate
- everyone can get a piece of the cake
- if you would get 10th place, but the next one passes you with a few lucky points, you don't go from 10th to NOTHING, but from 10th to 11th.
- no need for soft caps, or weapon limits, everyone gets what he deserves!
- this is a WAY more fair system imho

Also PM tokens can be added in different ways, for instance top20, + every place that can be divided by 10, or some other semi-randomness

Also items rewarded can be distributed with some lvl of randomness in the top1000.

Society overhaul
There are quite a few threads on pcf about this, lots to be done there. Make society have purpose again :)
This one for instance: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276648-Ideas-to-improve-society-terminal-(Part-2)&highlight=society

Feel free to add suggestions in this thread! MA is paying attention! (which is a good thing)

Last edited:
You had me up to the first half of your post. I like the idea of plate got swapping. The account to easily move out from one set to another weekend be great. Also some way of better having limited sets wood be nice too. It sucks having to recreate the whole set when one L piece is replaced.

I think your idea with gear is going in the wrong direction. We should be encouraging enterprise. As such there should be a way to officially lend gear without the need for collateral. Like being and to recall your gear after a set time when lent out.

In terms of locking gear to your entire mayhem instance, how is this going to work with limited guns? What if you accidently go in with a smaller guy than you need not realizing how strong the mobs are? Ooops, fired my TT gun now I'm locked in to only use this the whole time? Seems counter intuitive.

I agree mayhem cats need to be revamped but If don't feel your suggestion is the right way to go.

In terms of locking gear to your entire mayhem instance, how is this going to work with limited guns? What if you accidently go in with a smaller guy than you need not realizing how strong the mobs are? Ooops, fired my TT gun now I'm locked in to only use this the whole time? Seems counter intuitive.

It does not apply to L weapons, however it does apply to L armor and plates
L weapons decay fast, and will be used and replaced.
Crafters will be happy if, rather then 10-20 ppl sharing 1 L perseus set, they all want their own set.

About choosing categories, they have to be available before the event starts, so that people can test it out.
Secondly, you can hunt in whatever category you want.

Thirdly, you don't get locked for firing a tt gun or L gun during the event. However you would get disqualified, if you UNLOCK your Foeripper or Mod Merc, so that you can lend it to someone else.

I think your idea with gear is going in the wrong direction. We should be encouraging enterprise. As such there should be a way to officially lend gear without the need for collateral. Like being and to recall your gear after a set time when lent out.

I understand your idea of encouraging enterprise. I has however created a problem in Entropia. People are less interested in investing in gear towards getting an event position. Why would they buy gear, if they can rent it?
There is a danger in renting for this purpose, that is that a few avatars with lots of money buy up a lot of gear to rent it out. This makes gear less available to normal players with the intentions of skilling and gearing up.

Secondly, there is a difference between enterprise, renting out gear to someone, and renting out the same gun to everyone for 1 event. It is ok if an investor buys ,for instance, the terminator, and rents it to who pays most. It is NOT ok, if it is rented out to 10 ppl who participate in the same event. This destroys the Entropia economy. If the 10 ppl can use the same weapon during 1 event, the markt will suffer, since they will not be looking for a weapon themselves.

I am all for an official lending system, but the lended item should be 'locked' during events.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure he means the item gets locked to 1 person for that mayhem so 1 gun cant be passed around to multiple people

I still disagree with that logic. Renting makes that's higher level gear more affordable and in the reach of all players not just the ones with the fat wallets.

In reality these events need to start branching out beyond just literally only being based on whos got the biggest gun and the most pills and the biggest bankroll to redo mayhem till you get a good score. This game is not skill based, it's bankroll based.

MA's plan for several years now is to reduce the cost to play, including excess overhead. That's why we now have limited armors like angel. What your suggesting rolls back to the beleif that if you're not able to invest thousands you have no right to play this game.

In any case I think you are greatly over estimating how many people are actually renting these high level guns even during events and the impact this has on the "economy".

I still disagree with that logic. Renting makes that's higher level gear more affordable and in the reach of all players not just the ones with the fat wallets.

This idea has a little flaw. Higher level gear may in theory be more affordable this way but renting isn't only about paying a fee. It usually requires some kind of collateral too. Even for the lower categories in Mayhem that is easily 20k ped and up. So as it is, the people who do intend to rent gear atm got to have fat wallets.

In reality these events need to start branching out beyond just literally only being based on whos got the biggest gun and the most pills and the biggest bankroll to redo mayhem till you get a good score. This game is not skill based, it's bankroll based.

MA's plan for several years now is to reduce the cost to play, including excess overhead. That's why we now have limited armors like angel. What your suggesting rolls back to the beleif that if you're not able to invest thousands you have no right to play this game.

In any case I think you are greatly over estimating how many people are actually renting these high level guns even during events and the impact this has on the "economy".

I thank you for your honest opinion, I know to appreciate it.

First of all not everyone can just 'rent' bigger gear. It is often a matter of having the right 'friends' with expensive stuff, that are willing to lend it to you. The higher your friends are connected, the better your chance on renting gear, or even using it for free. Imagine having friends in Götheborg, who may have ties with a cool dude with a lot of gear... It's not about having the money in that case, it's about having the networking skills. In other words, asskissing and buttlicking.

As I said above, I agree to people renting out gear for an event, that is cool, and their way of making money, on condition that:
- They don't have like 10 guns that they rent out, because that cripples the items economy. It must be their own personal gun or item that they use normally.
- The rented out item is rented out to 1 person during the event, rather then 10.

Because people find it unfair that those with the biggest wallet win the event, MA has introduced different formula's of mayhem back in the days.
Also, that is why the events today are no longer based on how many mobs you killed, but on the points you gathered, which adds a certain factor of randomness and luck to the event. MA has done quite a good job here!

However, Entropia events is about having the best skills, the best gear, and last but not least, the best gaming skills. Put an amazingly skilled avatar in the hands of someone who has never played, he won't be able to win an event. It does take skills and experience, in the very same way that an F1 contest is about skills as well as gear.

What your suggesting rolls back to the beleif that if you're not able to invest thousands you have no right to play this game.".

Actually I am suggesting the contrary! You've understood me totally wrong there.
Today, as is, a place 11 in cat10 is worth less then a place9 in cat1!

That is what is just plain wrong. From my own pov: I don't have huge pockets, and I play with L gear, but I still want to participate and get some piece of the pie in mayhem. There are many like me who feel exactly the same way.
If I would get a place, according to my score and abilities, I would be totally happy, whatever that score is! However today someone with a skilled avatar, and L gear, can get nothing.

With the system of proportional placing, as in the OP, everyone can place according to his dps, gear and skills!

Actually I am suggesting the contrary! You've understood me totally wrong there.
Today, as is, a place 11 in cat10 is worth less then a place9 in cat1!

Place 11 in Cat10 should be worth less than place 9 in Cat1. You need to be in top 10 of your category to get anything, not just participate in a Cat. These events are not anyone who participates gets a prize. You should be participating to try and get into the top 10, whether that requires, skill, gear, luck, pill popping, renting, praying or divine intervention.

What they need to change is the Cat levels, make more and spread the prizes over them. Even then, no doubt there will be those who will complain.

Place 11 in Cat10 should be worth less than place 9 in Cat1. You need to be in top 10 of your category to get anything, not just participate.

My mind is more set to the olympic way of thinking, participating is more important then winning. However, all effort should go rewared.

The nr 10, which is the number of places in the categories, is totally arbitrary. If you would say top3, I can agree. Top3 is used in all kind of sports.

Imagine MA making only top3 places in mayhem events. Not many would participate, since those spots are usually already taken. The 'hope' for a top10 spot drives more people to invest and participate.
By that rule the better chances on getting some tokens in reward as prize, shall increase mayhem participation.

A top1000 would be a general Entropia-Event ranking system, on which you can improve and increase your rank over the time.

It is illusionary to say you have 'won' an event, if you are nr1 in a lower category. A nr1 in category2 is still lightyears behind a nr11 in cat10. This goes especially for avatars having chipped down one or two categories to gain unfair advantage over others.

A top1000 will give a real estimate with value of where you are at. It will also give everyone the goal of increasing skills rather then selling out to bully in some lower category.

Last edited:
My mind is more set to the olympic way of thinking, participating is more important then winning. However, all effort should go rewared.

The nr 10, which is the number of places in the categories, is totally arbitrary. If you would say top3, I can agree. Top3 is used in all kind of sports.

Imagine MA making only top3 places in mayhem events. Not many would participate, since those spots are usually already taken. The 'hope' for a top10 spot drives more people to invest and participate.
By that rule the better chances on getting some tokens in reward as prize, shall increase mayhem participation.

A top1000 would be a general Entropia-Event ranking system, on which you can improve and increase your rank over the time.

It is illusionary to say you have 'won' an event, if you are nr1 in a lower category. A nr1 in category2 is still lightyears behind a nr11 in cat10. This goes especially for avatars having chipped down one or two categories to gain unfair advantage over others.

A top1000 will give a real estimate with value of where you are at. It will also give everyone the goal of increasing skills rather then selling out to bully in some lower category.

Each category is essentially its own event though, you are not going up against the other cats, only the players in your Cat. Your suggestion means that Cat 1 players are now in competition with Cat 10 with a clear advantage to Cat10 players just because they spend more money. Someone in Cat 10 only needs to get around 2500 points (easily doable) to pretty much beat out top in Cat1, who got 24000 points, due to the x10 multiplier for running Cat 10. How is that fair? New players that took the time to compete, invest in their cat gear and do well, get shafted because some player is frustrated that they were not able to reach the top 10 in their cat.

Essentially you are just saying that those who spend more money & invest in the best gear should get more than everyone else, which was part of the old problem. Currently its broken that chipping down is better than increasing your level, but it's also very hard for any system to be fair for everyone. Perhaps MA should just put a soft cap on skills for each Cat so chipping down is not needed???

Your proposed system has some merits, but it is by no means the answer to the event issues...imho.

A top1000 will give a real estimate with value of where you are at. It will also give everyone the goal of increasing skills rather then selling out to bully in some lower category.[/B][/CENTER]

Another suggestion, use your progressive system per Cat? Total prize for that Cat is split amongst all participants in that Cat with more going to the top players. It means that current top winners technically get less, but then people who place 11/15/25, etc would get something as well. Each Cat has their own.

Just a thought.

Each category is essentially its own event though, you are not going up against the other cats, only the players in your Cat. Your suggestion means that Cat 1 players are now in competition with Cat 10 with a clear advantage to Cat10 players just because they spend more money. Someone in Cat 10 only needs to get around 2500 points (easily doable) to pretty much beat out top in Cat1, who got 24000 points, due to the x10 multiplier for running Cat 10. How is that fair? New players that took the time to compete, invest in their cat gear and do well, get shafted because some player is frustrated that they were not able to reach the top 10 in their cat.

Essentially you are just saying that those who spend more money & invest in the best gear should get more than everyone else, which was part of the old problem. Currently its broken that chipping down is better than increasing your level, but it's also very hard for any system to be fair for everyone. Perhaps MA should just put a soft cap on skills for each Cat so chipping down is not needed???

Your proposed system has some merits, but it is by no means the answer to the event issues...imho.

I agree more with this idea of a softcap. Let the players pick which cat to compete in based on the bankroll they feel comfortable playing at rather than forcing players into higher cost cats just be because they have a higher skill level.

Here's another thought... What about adding a new type of mayhem event that follows the same idea as the batsim. A unique layout each year where players compete only on skill for completion time.

I don't know, there is a lot they could do... The question is will they do anything?

Why would you want a category for each level? Just to be able to say "yay, I am number 1 in cat1", while there are actually 90 ppl higher then yourself?
Or is it because it is easier to make money by entering a lower category?

Both reasons above are funded purely by ego grounds. While the system I'm proposing is for the benefit of everyone, except those who actually get a 1st place somewhere, they might get less.

My system is based on fairness: you earn what you shoot for!​

Currently, as we all know, a 1st place in cat5, gets more prize money then a 8th place in cat6. And that while the person who gets place8 in cat6 is actually much better then the one who got 1st place in cat5. He is higher skilled, and kills more mobs! This is a dishonest system and no reasoning whatsoever can make this fair.
Or does someone think it would be fair if I made a new ava, and go win in cat1 all he time, like some ppl do?

To make it easy, lets set an example:
I'm taking the summer 2019 mayhem annihilation top10 of cat5-10 as example. As it is now, you can see here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...8-Summer-Mayhem-2019-Results&highlight=mayhem

With a system of proportional scoring, it looks like this:
propertional_946930.jpg

As you see, people of lower categories who get lucky, now even get more tokens, since they over people of categories above.
Imo this is the only fair system. You get paid for your points, no matter what level you are. Everyone is equal!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
*The terrain is still a bit outdated though.*

If you go into the MM instance (Not FFA), then you can see how nicly the new grafic change the terrain look. There you can see that the terrain material no longer look flat, like before. So, im pretty sure, this will also change the terrain at other places. It just need some more time to change this at the current terrain on planets, about this is a lot of work.

Thanks for adding my society thread to the list :)

Sooooo many things can be done... lets see if they do them...

Will we all get "Participation" trophies?

Gotta be fair, doncha know. Can't anyone be better than the weakest link.

Socialist hogwash.

Cats are there to give different levels a chance. Just because some one in Cat 5 gets four 5,000 point stars is NO REASON to compare him against someone in Cat 7. Each Cat has people who just get lucky, and it has nothing to do with their gear, their deposits (at least I hope not) and nothing to do with how they hold their mouth.

I've got T4 Shadow and a T10 MM. I would have bested Cat 7 last contest, but MA "magically" wiped my score and I got dumped to 10th place. I won't be entering any contest again, till MA starts to give a shit about their mistakes.

But each player should compete in their own level, with awards equal to their efforts and accomplishments.

New CEO maybe the change in 2019 - I'd agree that there has been some fresh air. Far from what I'd like to see, but they quietly push out big updates.

Why would you want a category for each level? Just to be able to say "yay, I am number 1 in cat1", while there are actually 90 ppl higher then yourself?
Or is it because it is easier to make money by entering a lower category?

Sorry but what kind of BS is this? People set goals, perhaps a new players goal is to be number 1 in cat 1, then number 2 in cat 2 the next year. You're saying that is all pointless unless your number 1 in cat 10, if your not number 1 overall, then your useless?

While the system I'm proposing is for the benefit of everyone, except those who actually get a 1st place somewhere, they might get less.

Your system benefits those in Cat 9 & 10, those in cat 1, 2 & 3 have no chance at getting any decent amount of tokens, not even enough to cover their costs selling the pills....yeah seems fair to everyone.

Imo this is the only fair system. You get paid for your points, no matter what level you are. Everyone is equal!

Yeah we get it, in your opinion this is the only fair solution, which shows you haven't thought through your solution enough. Stop being biased to the top cat's, think of the players in the lower cats as well, those people may be casual and take years and years to reach level 100. They need goals and targets with rewards that are in line with their costs. Not everything should go to the top players in the game. They still need to have separate cats and levels for players, but your progressive system could be useful if implemented per cat, not overall.

This is my last reply to Darth, since he keeps twisting my words. It is unfair when people do that.

Above, Darth said: People set goals, perhaps a new players goal is to be number 1 in cat 1, then number 2 in cat 2 the next year.
This is unfortunately, totally untrue. With the current system peole don't want to advance to the next category, on the contrary, people even chip out to get to a lower category today. This is common knowledge. This fact halts economy and evolution in Entropia.

A top1000 for an event gives people reason to give their best and grow in rank every time, while the category system makes people sell out skills to dominate a category under their abilities, which makes it close to impossible for people who actually belong to that category to get a decent place, because people who should be in higher categories chipped out to come to theirs.

In the post above Darth said: You're saying that is all pointless unless your number 1 in cat 10, if your not number 1 overall, then your useless?
Those are your worths Darth, not mine. I find your language offensive towards all people who compete. What I said is totally different.
Perhaps you read my words from your own perspective, while I try to see the big picture, with keeping in mind the hundreds of people who have quit mayhem events because:
1 - their category was taken over by ubers who chipped down
2 - their category was already full by people with uber gear (like myself and 50+ others who stand no chance in cat10, being over lvl105)

As it is today, it feels like a big middle finger
towards all of the people who cannnot compete due to the current category system.
Basically this system says to people who have a highly skilled avatar due to having played Entropia often more then 10 years: your avatar is useless. You can even get better prize money if you create a fresh noob account.​

And last:
Why do you think that a cat1 winners should get more tokens (2000) then for instance a cat4 7th place (1600), who has been shooting way more ammo with a heavier weapon etc? In what way is that fair to you?

Effort should be rewarded, as well as skilling, making some profit in Entropia and upgrading your gear. The current system does the opposite: it prevents people from doing exactly that towards mayhem events.

The above is not only the case for the higher categories, it is valid for the whole spectrum of players. If it were only me, I would not post this. I made this post because I get daily messages of people who tell me that they can't or won't compete, because the category system excludes them.

It is simple: imagine you are in cat6, but only have L gear. You simply don't stand a chance. The top4 of cat6 is most likely going to be filled with people who belong in cat7-8. The other 6 spots are taken by people who have money for expensive weapons...

Still, it would be fun for the cat6 person with L gear to participate. He doesn't need a huge prize, but his avatar being made 'redundant' for the event isn't very motivating to play indeed. I think MA is missing quite some revenue there.

lots of great ideas here... but like Einstein said, anyone can make something more complicated.... all they have to do is fix the levels of mayhem... its obvious they put the max level cap where it is to make it so only people using uber expensive and rare weapons would win. for instance, in level 5, 65 level cap. you would have to use a level 55 gun apx to have your gun maxed. how many level 55 guns are there with 80 to 84dps..... hmmmmm

and just to rant... I think its totally retarded that on a run where I use a 15mg of every kind of pill and get lucky and hit 200+ criticals in an hour... I loot roughly the exact same this year as in an hour unpilled… roughly enough to cover ammo but absolutely no decay... unless I hit a hof…. more people would probably participate and make this expense lower... however, most quit before they start because they cannot use a good enough weapon for their category, because the dps limit is higher than what is appropriate for the skill cap.

Blah blah blah

There is no twisting of words here, stop playing the victim, you just won't accept that what you propose is not the be all/end all solution, it just creates other problems where things are geared again towards the players that can spend the most money or have been playing the game since it started, like it did in the past. This does not help growth/retention in the game at the new player level which is what Entropia needs, essentially new players will see that the only way to get anything good out of events, is to get to the top, which takes YEARS, and until then they will not get the return on competing. Many cannot afford to do that, and by the time they get there, the others already at a high level will be even further ahead of them. However giving them different Cats to work through is incentive to skill up to a certain point.

People sitting at the bottom of a top 1000, event after event are not going to keep putting money into the game, sure it will for a few dedicated, but the majority will see little progress and give up. You don't seem to understand this and are only focused on what the top can get because you have a high skilled avatar (that you can't sell the skills for) and are disappointed that you get nothing when someone knocks you out of placing. That is not seeing the big picture.

I have already conceded that your system would be useful, just not if implemented as one grouping, but as split over separate cats. You could have a top 100 per cat or something like that, which will still give incentive to skill up as the higher cats generally earn more, but also gives new and low level players an incentive instead of "well in 10 years i can get somewhere in the top 500 and maybe earn a small piece of pie". The top in those cats should still earn more than the lower in other cats, as a reward for doing well and placing high in their cat.

You can find my language as offensive as you want, that is not my concern and means next to nothing to me. I no longer compete in Mayhem events myself, and it is for neither of those two reasons you put above. I agree that its a shame that the current system is geared towards high skilled players chipping out so they can compete in a cat that doesn't have other high skilled players with a better investment than they do, more time, luck and add any other reason you want in here.

I find it quite funny that you have people messaging you daily saying they can't (or won't) compete because the category system excludes them. I probably have just as many people messaging me daily asking for a bulk deal better than the AH for some crafted ArMatrix rifles that will last a 5 hour session of their category. Business is quite good in that regard so you must really get annoyed with all of the messages you get everytime you log in.

But hey at the end of the day, your system does have potential, it needs to be looked at from all angles though. Entropia needs new player retention as well as keeping older players happy, there has to be some sort of middle ground somewhere that can make the majority happy, I don't belive your system, as it is can do that. No matter how many words you bold or how many times you mention your opinion on it. It will just make the top players happy, but most of those players have already adapted to the new way or left the game.

So i guess we will agree to disagree on your system, but its been a fun discussion!

People don't chip out to stay at the top of a category. 10 levels makes virtually no difference. You have to have one of the better weapons for the category and rings, pills, etc and not be a moron. That's it. Oh, and luck.

EU going up... but...

Who remember awesome look Port Atlantis without walls in great PE with great red Jukebox near big nice green trees? :D ...and wonderful atmospheric sounding instrumental music?? ..is anyone like that? mmmmm ;) ...I miss this...

let's compare it to something to make it more clear

I took tennis as an example.
Watch how the a category system (here 3 categories, 5 spots each) makes people fall out.

People will on purpose start to underperform to get more prize money:
In what way would this be fair?

categories.jpg

People don't chip out to stay at the top of a category. 10 levels makes virtually no difference. You have to have one of the better weapons for the category and rings, pills, etc and not be a moron. That's it. Oh, and luck.

People even give away their skills for free to get or stay in a lower category these days. Plenty of sales threads of that in this forum and in game trade channels.

Event´s will be unpopular so long you can compete L weapons.
In theory you can compete L weapons but gl finding enough high tier L weapons for 15 hour.
10 years ago it was possible and events was more popular also.

Event´s will be unpopular so long you can compete L weapons.
In theory you can compete L weapons but gl finding enough high tier L weapons for 15 hour.
10 years ago it was possible and events was more popular also.

Yes indeed. I think it is fair that UL weapons have a decent advantage.
But I would already be happy if all of us could participate with some L weapons, not necessarily competing for top spots. A cat7 L T0 weapon should still be able to place in the top1000. It won't be as high as UL T10 cat7 weapons, but that is ok.

People even give away their skills for free to get or stay in a lower category these days. Plenty of sales threads of that in this forum and in game trade channels.

Yes, of course, I am just saying that it's not really any advantage to be at the "top" of a category other than maybe cat 10.

I do agree that the event system should not encourage this behavior though.

To Naomi

Currently, as we all know, a 1st place in cat5, gets more prize money then a 8th place in cat6. And that while the person who gets place8 in cat6 is actually much better then the one who got 1st place in cat5.

That is where you are wrong, he is not better, he is just played for longer time, or spent more ped ingame and leveled up faster because of that, but not better. Leveling up in this game only require time and/or money.

You are not a better player, because your skills are higher.

You had the same chance as everybody else, by the pre-determined criteria's you choosed to compete, you placed, you were rewarded for it, like every other contender.

This is unfortunately, totally untrue. With the current system peole don't want to advance to the next category, on the contrary, people even chip out to get to a lower category today. This is common knowledge. This fact halts economy and evolution in Entropia.

Not untrue, im a newbie also, placed in cat1 in my first mayhem, merry mayhem is very close, no time to move up, but i plan to compete higher in easter, and than higher again and again as time come to go up.

Or does someone think it would be fair if I made a new ava, and go win in cat1 all he time, like some ppl do?

Just because you played 10 years in this game, you cant win cat1 automatically if you make a new avatar.
Winning cat1 require the same things as winning any other cat, its just cheaper overall as the category is lower.
You will not win if you dont have the close to max dmg of that category weapon UL with enhancers, rings, pills, armor, and even if you have those, you not gonna win if you not lucky enough, because others have it too.

The real difference's are just the weapon's, that is cheaper in lower category, and ammount of ammo you have to cycle for completing your run.
Just see Cambuurrinse, he was placed 3rd in CAT1 and 5th in CAT2.
Do you think it rewarded him more than his previsious 1st and 5th place's in CAT8 from Summer mayhem?

Btw, what gives you the winning of CAT1? A placement token. What is it good for? Nothing at alone.
You have to win 10k's of mayhem tokens, with the 1st place giving only 2000 token's.
You need to win 5 times to be able to buy even the cheapest UL item, that worth like 5000 ped, and as there are others there to compete with you, you are not gonna win 5 times in a row, will take you like an year to win it.
Is that really big enough to determinate your high skilled avatar and restart?

The mayhem you want is called Fair for all (FFA), its already exist, and you can see how great it is. Everybody have the same chances, will i try to compete? Never ever. As i would pass on your version of mayhem also till i played like many years and counted as a current Cat10 player.

Mayhem categories now balanced the mob health to the dmg limit. The same ring, pills, tiered weapon's, top dmg player from CATx can kill the same ammount of mobs like a same geared CATy player.

If your system will add a 10x multipier to the CAT10 player, than that system would be unfair for everybody else than CAT10 players.

CAT1 daikiba 540hp / 34 base dmg - 15.88 shoot's.
CAT2 daikiba 720 / 48 - 15
CAT5 1300/82 - 15.85
CAT9 1740/110 - 15.81
around egal all. Enhancers and amp's are %, also the pill's so its same for everybody, but with your multipier system, the higher your rank is the more advantage you have.

The current system not gives you any advantage. You are in a category by pre-determined criteria's, but than all the player's in that category have the same chance to win, its fair i think.

while the category system makes people sell out skills to dominate a category under their abilities, which makes it close to impossible for people who actually belong to that category to get a decent place, because people who should be in higher categories chipped out to come to theirs.

This is again wrong. Just because you chipped out, you cant dominate a lower category.
You have the same skills as everybody else in that category, otherwise you wont be able to compete there.
You can use the same gear as everybody else in that category.
The only thing's that improves your chances to win are the gear and the ped card, but both of them is available for everybody else in that category.

Current system - if you cant afford, dont even try.
Your system - if you not played 5-10 years before, dont even try.

Last edited:
Back