how big does a hof need to be for you to consider withdrawing it?

what hof value would you consider withdrawing?

Votes: 5 4.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 8 7.4%

Votes: 9 8.3%

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • 30000+

Votes: 70 64.8%

• Total voters

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
I think most players are in the same boat...

We all dream of hitting a big ath/hof we can cash out. But I think for the most part many of us hope for large hofs not specifically to cash out but just as a means to fund our play and purchasing of gear.

As a mid level player I personally see a hof of 4000 peds not as be something I would rush to cash out but instead I see it as a means to play with the houses money for a while and maybe pick up smaller items I may want in game.

For me I think a hof would need to be bigger than 15k - 20k to really consider pulling some of it out.

I'm curious what would you consider a hof amount worth cashing out rather than just using towards your everyday bankroll or gear purchasing.

I have never made a withdrawal in Entropia yet even though I have been around since 2006 and have made lots of profit on stuff during that time (mostly on CLDs). I just always re-invest everything into the game, i.e. Land Plot development, shops, inventory, etc...

I don't really plan on ever making a withdrawal either, my plan is to create awesome content in the game if MA allows me too (hint hint, get going on that Land Plot development MA, I got lots of PED to invest there - hehe :laugh:)

I think below 50k I will not consider a withdrawal ever again.
I will mostly buy stuff if I ever hit something nice. So that I may not have to give away my skills to fit my budget.

MA God please hear me :xfrown:

I would only withdraw an ATH, so 50k+ for me (mining).

The rest stays ingame for me to cycle (and lose) :laugh:

Ya'll know that everyone over at MA Headquarters are reading this thread going...

"hmmm okay, yes... Okay, hmmm gotcha. Yup, adding that name to the list. Okay, updated that avatar's HOF threshold, thank you. Who else? Oh, yup I added them already. Oh, no I had missed them for some reason, woah that one had an ATH threshold of 800k OMG glad we caught that. Ok, we're good, everyone's locked in for life!". :laugh:

a new player will withdraw most of it but a player will experience will play with the money , its so eazy to make money when you have 100k bugdet vs 20k for exemple

myself i get a 50-100k think ill take out max 20k (a thats a maybe)

a new player will withdraw most of it but a player will experience will play with the money , its so eazy to make money when you have 100k bugdet vs 20k for exemple

myself i get a 50-100k think ill take out max 20k (a thats a maybe)

Agree and for myself it would be 50-100K also

It would have to be a monster HOF to consider taking money out (like the 400K+ mining uber). As others have said, there are a lot of opportunities to invest in the game and as a long time player (old git) that's probably what I would do. I'm certain that monster HOF will arrive right after I win the Euro-millions lottery. :laugh::laugh:

I don't think I will ever withdraw I will re invest and grow further in game...I enjoy it so much been here 13 years and plan to carry on going.

Rule no 1

What you make in EU, stays in EU

Regards
Tees

For me its the other way arround I think. If I'd actually get a 5 digit hof I would prob start investing and stop withdrawing. I really dont have the patience to sloooooowly gather +50k peds to buy some nice gear tbh.

I have always said to my self if i got a ATH i would withdraw half and invest the other half. My bankroll in game seems to be more than enougth for what i do now so i am content that i have enougth to play with.

MA will read this, right ?

Well, if I get an ATH, not only would I never withdraw money, I'd deposit twice the amount right after. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
MA will read this, right ?

Well, if I get an ATH, not only would I never withdraw money, I deposit twice the amount right after. :rolleyes:

I hope so, cause I just stated I will withdraw peds until I get a 5 digit Hof :D :D :D

anything under 100 K is just a refund

Let's rephrase the question: How long without a hof before you consider to withdraw?

That's a more realistic question :tongue2:

Something over 200k maybe I’ll withdraw 50 k anything under 100k it’s just tt payback

Right now it's getting pretty close to not needing a hof at all to withdraw, the withdrawal itself after I sell everything would be a the hof.

Missing the no withdraw option from the poll.

I have a very long wishlist, no ath is big enough to buy the 10% of them.

RL reasons would make me withdraw, ingame reasons probably not, i would buy in some more i guess. If a really big ATH passed my ways, i would probably one day become one of these ranting Ubahs... ahhh cycle is too big, its my guns fault and stuff like that... happily i am not :)

if the game pisses me off, i withdraw my attention from it for some months, there are so many more things to explore behind the window to my right, no need to freak out about the game

Last edited:
Wow, this has indeed been enlightening for sure and is pretty closely aligned with what I expected to see. With exception of the values being a bit higher than I initially thought. It's crazy that the vast majority are holding out for a 30k+ to actually pull out considering how rare those are.

This might partially be because people feel MA is listening so they are padding their values a bit though. People might be SAYING 30k+ but might actually consider a lower amount.

I don't think people need to worry about MA watching this thread, they have spent the last 15 years being masters of knowing the exact value of hofs they can give to minimize the chances of players pulling it out. They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard. I wouldn't doubt that they have put in significant energy turning the idea of how much to give and how often and to who into a science.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that the average max HOF each day falls well into the values that have 0 votes in this poll. When we do see hofs larger than normal, I wonder how often it's going to an avatar that's personal withdraw threshold is still higher than that value?

Very interesting for sure... :popcorn:

Wow, this has indeed been enlightening for sure and is pretty closely aligned with what I expected to see. With exception of the values being a bit higher than I initially thought. It's crazy that the vast majority are holding out for a 30k+ to actually pull out considering how rare those are.

This might partially be because people feel MA is listening so they are padding their values a bit though. People might be SAYING 30k+ but might actually consider a lower amount.

I don't think people need to worry about MA watching this thread, they have spent the last 15 years being masters of knowing the exact value of hofs they can give to minimize the chances of players pulling it out. They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard. I wouldn't doubt that they have put in significant energy turning the idea of how much to give and how often and to who into a science.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that the average max HOF each day falls well into the values that have 0 votes in this poll. When we do see hofs larger than normal, I wonder how often it's going to an avatar that's personal withdraw threshold is still higher than that value?

Don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat again!!

They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard.

Not possible no one can tell if someone has something going on in their minds for future. May be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs just cause i dont have equipments for lvl 70 or may be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs to get lucky and get 10k for my widthrawal ?

Not possible no one can tell if someone has something going on in their minds for future. May be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs just cause i dont have equipments for lvl 70 or may be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs to get lucky and get 10k for my widthrawal ?

You're taking what I said far too literally, I'm speaking in more the general sense they probably know based on trends what the most likely outcome would be should they provide a given avatar with a HoF of X value based on the actions of other avatars with similar activity.

Of course there are exceptions to all of this... noobs their 6th day in can hit a 10k hof, someone that's always playing at high stakes never withdrawing suddenly changes to low-level and cashes out everything over 1k...etc. They will never nail down the outcome 100% of the time but even if they can predict it correctly 20%, 40%, 60% of the time, it has a huge impact on their profits by reducing withdrawals and increasing their rake.

Obviously there's unpredictability here but patterns and trends appear. This can be seen just by looking at the poll results. Right now there are 57 votes and of those votes no one has picked a value from 2000-7500. Even if 1 person were to pick a value in that range right now that would equate to a 1.72% chance of loss for MA.

Imagine that there were only 58 people in the game. Based on these numbers if MA gave out a 5000 ped to one of these people there is only a 1.72% chance that person would be the one to pull it out. Yet there is a 98.28% chance that it will be an avatar that will just cycle it back into the game over and over until inevitably it's all back into MA's pockets for keeps. This could be dialed in even further over time by cross referencing trends in user activity to their actions when given a large HoF. I'm just basing this off a poll - MA has all the actual hard data from peoples actions over the last 15 years in which to base their calculations. Again, I think this is done using a general large scale approach not specific to individual avatars and they don't get it right 100% of the time but they certainly get it right SOME of the time which has a big impact.

I'm simplifying here but you get the idea.

You're taking what I said far too literally, I'm speaking in more the general sense they probably know based on trends what the most likely outcome would be should they provide a given avatar with a HoF of X value based on the actions of other avatars with similar activity.

Of course there are exceptions to all of this... noobs their 6th day in can hit a 10k hof, someone that's always playing at high stakes never withdrawing suddenly changes to low-level and cashes out everything over 1k...etc. They will never nail down the outcome 100% of the time but even if they can predict it correctly 20%, 40%, 60% of the time, it has a huge impact on their profits by reducing withdrawals and increasing their rake.

Obviously there's unpredictability here but patterns and trends appear. This can be seen just by looking at the poll results. Right now there are 57 votes and of those votes no one has picked a value from 2000-7500. Even if 1 person were to pick a value in that range right now that would equate to a 1.72% chance of loss for MA.

Imagine that there were only 58 people in the game. Based on these numbers if MA gave out a 5000 ped to one of these people there is only a 1.72% chance that person would be the one to pull it out. Yet there is a 98.28% chance that it will be an avatar that will just cycle it back into the game over and over until inevitably it's all back into MA's pockets for keeps. This could be dialed in even further over time by cross referencing trends in user activity to their actions when given a large HoF. I'm just basing this off a poll - MA has all the actual hard data from peoples actions over the last 15 years in which to base their calculations. Again, I think this is done using a general large scale approach not specific to individual avatars and they don't get it right 100% of the time but they certainly get it right SOME of the time which has a big impact.

I'm simplifying here but you get the idea.

Lol i think you are looking far far to much into this. You have a little poll asking a open question that a tiny proportion of people who use this forum and you come up with a a ludicrous theory.

Lol i think you are looking far far to much into this. You have a little poll asking a open question that a tiny proportion of people who use this forum and you come up with a a ludicrous theory.

:lolup: you clearly missed the part where I said I was simplifying in response to that other post. I know this is a small sample of data that isn't verifiable by any other metric than people being honest in their responses.

Look, as we all know every year MA does up a financial statement where they dryly talk about the flow of peds in and out of the game as profits/losses/liabilities/assets. They also talk about budgets for things like marketing, office supplies...etc. and discuss ways of improving their profits while also limiting their expenses by adjusting how they operate. Just as any business does.

I'm merely posing the thought of "you know, I bet they track what happens to the peds issued in HoFs and the average hof values that are paid out are based on parameters set that are more for their benefit than ours" and for that suddenly I'm a crack-pot theorist coming up with ludicrous theories. lol ok then... :rolleyes:

Were you the 1 person that voted 4k too just for spite? :laugh:

Ok, maybe I'm wrong - maybe it's all random... but if companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook can currently offer tools for advertisers to get their products advertised in front of the people mostly likely to buy (based on their tracking and comparative data). You don't think it's at least PLAUSIBLE that MA uses similar logic to try to pay out hofs in such a way it's most likely to stay in the game rather than be withdrawn?

Last edited:
Actually with my current RL situation maybe around 80k PED. +/-

- 15k for new armor set
- 40k for weapons/amps
- 25k for ammo (budget)

I withdrew once after a nice loot.
I have depo afterwards twice the amount and still miss the item.

This is why I think I really won't withdraw again, as my irl finances allow me to play. And a withdrawal wont buy me another house, so let's just enjoy the game.

(I just hope they find a fix for the mayhem skill issue)

Back