Would you Hunt/Mine on a 90% fixed return Planet/Land?

Would you Hunt/Mine on a 90% fixed return Land

• Yes! We need an area like this!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I might hunt/mine there when I'm broke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might skill there sometimes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Sky is Falling!!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I don't have enough information to answer

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
This is a simple question:

If MindArk was to create a Planet, Land Area or Instance where ALL loot returns were fixed to say 90%, which means that every loot would consist of exactly 90% of your TT cost to kill the creature, never more and never less, would you ever hunt and/or mine there? You have to understand that there is no chance to Global/HoF there.

1. Yes! We need an area like this!

2. I might hunt/mine there when I'm broke

3. I might skill there sometimes

4. I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

5. No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

6. Never!

7. I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

8. Sky is Falling!!

9. I don't have enough information to answer

Thanks for voting

Legends

I suppose the answer is only if the mob was known to drop VERY high markup stuff like unlimited armor or something and if other higher markup stuff like tier components drop well enough to cover the markup bridge.

Another possibility is if it's a mob that is in short supply of a good place to grind out on iron missions... if it was a lower level mob that was harder to find big spawns of in the wild I might hunt there to work on iron missions.

90% pff.... my normal loot is 98% why in my EU carrer life i going swap for this?
I feel its absurd

90% its happen rigth now to me since 26/08
I near quit and sell out all my stuffs since this bullshit dont look close to go

even if there would be such an area and it would drop high mu stuff it would end up like the resto chip chain

As long as the MU% covered the 10% loss, sure I think I'd have no problem hunting there. I do think the game would be less exciting without globals and HOFs, so I know I'd get bored quicker with constant 90% tt return. I like a little fluctuation and variation.

Currently, I'm getting about 97.5% tt return, and skilling has never been so easy and cost effective since I can remember. Going to 90% tt return would be more like loot 1.0 for me. The HOFs and globals were certainly bigger than they are now, but the day to day hunting was a lot more volatile.

As long as the MU% covered the 10% loss, sure I think I'd have no problem hunting there. I do think the game would be less exciting without globals and HOFs, so I know I'd get bored quicker with constant 90% tt return. I like a little fluctuation and variation.

Currently, I'm getting about 97.5% tt return, and skilling has never been so easy and cost effective since I can remember. Going to 90% tt return would be more like loot 1.0 for me. The HOFs and globals were certainly bigger than they are now, but the day to day hunting was a lot more volatile.

That's really good tt returns. I've had really bad hunting runs with tt returns of less than 60% and I know some that have quit after a series of bad hunting runs where they basicly lost everything...

What prompted this poll was me asking myself if there was a way to prevent that from happening, i.e. people losing everything after a series of really bad hunting runs.

I realize that 90% might be a bit low, perhaps I should have said 94% or 95%, but too late to change it now.

That's really good tt returns. I've had really bad hunting runs with tt returns of less than 60% and I know some that have quit after a series of bad hunting runs where they basicly lost everything...

What prompted this poll was me asking myself if there was a way to prevent that from happening, i.e. people losing everything after a series of really bad hunting runs.

I realize that 90% might be a bit low, perhaps I should have said 94% or 95%, but too late to change it now.

What is your exact hunting setup in game that's getting you those returns? Do you have a spreadsheet that's tracking it all? Also, how much PED cycled for that % of return this far? Are you saying you had one hunt 60% return, or that's your average return over multiple hunts. Serious questions, not looking to tease or put down, if I can help I'd like to.

For me, the downswing in loot 2.0 is pretty soft. 60% tt return over an extended period of time shouldn't be the norm. Need to look into what's causing that, as I believe that would be an extreme outlier on the lower end.

What is your exact hunting setup in game that's getting you those returns? Do you have a spreadsheet that's tracking it all? Also, how much PED cycled for that % of return this far? Are you saying you had one hunt 60% return, or that's your average return over multiple hunts. Serious questions, not looking to tease or put down, if I can help I'd like to.

For me, the downswing in loot 2.0 is pretty soft. 60% tt return over an extended period of time shouldn't be the norm. Need to look into what's causing that, as I believe that would be an extreme outlier on the lower end.

I wasn't trying to make this about me, I only hunt maybe 2-3 times per year now since I can't run (when you own as many shops as I do, you end up having to carry around a lot of inventory and I can't seem to get it below 1300 anymore, no matter what I do, anyway, that's another topic for another thread perhaps).

But a particular hunt last summer on Atrox and one on Longtooths comes to mind as some examples where it was just a massive loss, and I can't help but think that I can't be the only one with the perception that sometimes, the loot returns are just so bad that you just wish there was a way to control the losses so they are not this outrageous...

Well...... it seems we can now get, what was it, a fixed 73% return of shrap if we want to by drowning or turreting something you've pumped pecs/peds into.
I've found it interesting as a testing feature.

A fixed 90% area with various loots could be interesting too from a loot quality perspective. Different players could compare their shrap percentages, for example. My percentage of shrap has been slowly going down over the last few months - and I'm left wondering why. Maybe the answers would stay something of a secret, but at least things would be so much more testable on a level playing field such as that...

So yes, I probably would visit such an area out of various curiosities ;)

I wasn't trying to make this about me, I only hunt maybe 2-3 times per year now since I can't run (when you own as many shops as I do, you end up having to carry around a lot of inventory and I can't seem to get it below 1300 anymore, no matter what I do, anyway, that's another topic for another thread perhaps).

But a particular hunt last summer on Atrox and one on Longtooths comes to mind as some examples where it was just a massive loss, and I can't help but think that I can't be the only one with the perception that sometimes, the loot returns are just so bad that you just wish there was a way to control the losses so they are not this outrageous...

Yea, not trying to derail your post. If you're only referring to two hunts that were around that 60% return mark -- my advice is probably already what you're expecting.

Keep hunting.

I'm serious. It flattens out over time. It really truly does. I k know it's not always possible to keep going, and if that's the case, maybe reconsider the size of mob you want to grind.

All of this of course with the caveat that you're hunting with gear you're maxed on, mobs you don't need to hire a fapper on, and use as little (L) gear as possible (sometimes not always possible). But sizing up the right mob with your skills is important. The system does return well over 90% tt return on a long enough cycle. I've seen it bear out in my own recorded data time and time again. Just don't do wreckless hunts where you're fully kitted out in uber (L) armor and tons of damage enhancers... Save that style of hunting for Mayhem and events! ;)

Alright, back on topic.

Well...... it seems we can now get, what was it, a fixed 73% return of shrap if we want to by drowning or turreting something you've pumped pecs/peds into.
I've found it interesting as a testing feature.

Interesting. I was able to get as high as 88% TT return through turret/drowning. I wonder what makes the difference between our tests.

Regarding the OP, a fixed 90% return is a significant decrease from what is the baseline norm across the majority of the player base. That being said, I'm with Pudding on this. If the markup countered the losses, sure I'd go, but otherwise that'd be a hard pass.

Interesting. I was able to get as high as 88% TT return through turret/drowning. I wonder what makes the difference between our tests.

Regarding the OP, a fixed 90% return is a significant decrease from what is the baseline norm across the majority of the player base. That being said, I'm with Pudding on this. If the markup countered the losses, sure I'd go, but otherwise that'd be a hard pass.

Probably the temperature of the water, or the moon cycle at the time.

But in all seriousness, the tt return is pretty variable there. I've seen it in the low 60's and high 80's. So, mid 70's could be a reasonable return expectation. Anyone care enough to cycle 10k PED on this so we get some concrete results? :D

Seems like drowning mobs coincides with the loot return algorithm the rest of the game uses, there will be ups and downs for sure.

Edit: on 2nd thought, the drowning algorithm has to be fixed, to prevent exploits. I'm certain they set a cap for loot return. Never mind, the loot system on turrets and water is definitely a "tweaked" version of the current loot distribution system. Probably similar code with a cap in place. Otherwise, could you imagine a drowning mob "ATH" so to speak, that can't be possible.

And what if the difference was made up in skills?

I don't think this idea is so badly thought, but unfortunately there is a small problem.
if there are mobs with high markup to compensate for around 10%, what do you think how quickly these drops drop in markup by 10-20%? ;)

the idea would be good for a few days, but after these planets are overcrowded with people, the markup automatically drops and in the end people only lose money.

regards

I don't think this idea is so badly thought, but unfortunately there is a small problem.
if there are mobs with high markup to compensate for around 10%, what do you think how quickly these drops drop in markup by 10-20%? ;)

the idea would be good for a few days, but after these planets are overcrowded with people, the markup automatically drops and in the end people only lose money.

regards

so just do like the shrapnel thing but instead of doing it at 101%... well special shrapnel that does another percentage.

The thing has some ammo that works only on certain guns. Cyrene has some weapons that only work in hub, etc. Wouldn't be hard to create something all together different.

Well, I tested first on a couple of space mobs I then got "turreted" at a space station (advantage of having no MS gun decay, armour or any other costs). I also tried to see if healing before grabbing a mob by sweating would return a set fixed amount too, even though the heal was before interaction. The amount returned was fixed there too but I haven't checked the exact cost to get a percentage. It seemed to be the same 73ish percent, though.
I got lower and differing results with explosives, which suggested scatter was being lost. This was something I had suspected for a while anyway.
It's interesting you could get as high as 88% TT return. I may test a hunch on the different mob looter types, or you could throw in other ideas if you like...

Edit: sorry if this conversation sounds off-topic, but it serves to show the sort of thing I'd do in a fixed-return environment instance or whatever. Could be interesting, you see!

Almost 50% said I might...

I bet if the fixed return was a bit higher, like let's say 95%, more people would have said yes. Maybe there's something to this fixed return idea that could be worth implementing somewhere on a small scale.

Put only small mobs on there, might teach some people something about bankroll management.

Since we already have profession with fixed return, they could try it out in an instance,
just to see how it turns out. :)

extent it to crafting as well :D
95% garantueed back per click, but no globals/hofs, so condition crafting not being possible.
Then add various BP loot zones or terminals, so you can loot ark, rt, calypso and so on BPs on that planet as well.

With a planet like that i certainly would depo again and return to playing EU.

If you don't have guaranteed profit from MU, there'd be no reason to hunt in a fixed return situation.

If you do have guaranteed profit from MU, then why wouldn't literally everyone hunt there? In which case you have at most a couple of days before the MU is gone.

I don't see how this could work, and isn't this pretty much removing the entire point of the game?

What is the point to play when you're sure to lose ?

I guess this already what I do. I tend to only mine areas where MU will pay off based on around 90-93% TT returns. If TT is better than that or or MU is well above that threshold, it's then net profit.

Yes, and we don't need an area like this

This is a simple question:

If MindArk was to create a Planet, Land Area or Instance where ALL loot returns were fixed to say 90%, which means that every loot would consist of exactly 90% of your TT cost to kill the creature, never more and never less, would you ever hunt and/or mine there? You have to understand that there is no chance to Global/HoF there.

1. Yes! We need an area like this!

2. I might hunt/mine there when I'm broke

3. I might skill there sometimes

4. I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

5. No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

6. Never!

7. I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

8. Sky is Falling!!

9. I don't have enough information to answer

Thanks for voting

Legends

I suggested something similar.

Adjusted loot pil. Cost 0,50 ped.
Duration 3 hours.
Effect: loot is 95% of the cost to kil in pure shraps.

So a fixed 95% return in shraps regardless of what you hunt.

I think 90% is to low. That means a 10%guaranteed loss which is to high imo.
At 95% you're coming more on par with an "acceptable" loss.
This might be interested when grinding junk mobs like atrox.
But then again, with just the codex missions why bother with atrox anyways?
With the iron missions and it's rewards it might have been interesting to grind them with a fixed 95% return.

Last edited:
Where do you people come up with these retarded ideas????
It's not enough you can barely break even with the current returns,you want to lower them???Holy fuck,because of brilliant people like you we have loot 2.0 in the first place,because they bitched on forum about how no one should be allowed to tt profit and guess what,MA delivered...I live under the impression that this game is alive just because it's played by morons!
You know something? Fuck this,MA take every penny you can from your players,they will still play!

Where do you people come up with these retarded ideas????
It's not enough you can barely break even with the current returns,you want to lower them???Holy fuck,because of brilliant people like you we have loot 2.0 in the first place,because they bitched on forum about how no one should be allowed to tt profit and guess what,MA delivered...I live under the impression that this game is alive just because it's played by morons!
You know something? Fuck this,MA take every penny you can from your players,they will still play!

LMFAO :lolup:

So what was your answer!?

LMFAO :lolup:

So what was your answer!?

My answer to you is to kill more than 5 mobs each 3 hunts you do in a year .

Yesterday me and my friends payed 60$ to play soccer for an hour . After the hour left i should go and cry to the guy that i didnt have enough fun :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Before everything else this is a video game but for some greedy ass people is hard to understand

My answer to you is to kill more than 5 mobs each 3 hunts you do in a year .

Yesterday me and my friends payed 60$ to play soccer for an hour . After the hour left i should go and cry to the guy that i didnt have enough fun :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Before everything else this is a video game but for some greedy ass people is hard to understand

Jesus Christ wth have I ever done to you to deserve such criticism!?!? :eyecrazy:

10k ped.
becomes
9k ped
becomes
8.1k ped
becomes
7.29k ped
etc, etc

vs
100 ped.
becomes
90 ped
becomes
81 ped, etc etc.

You'd maybe rather be the second one. Lose 30 ped or 3000 ped. Its all relative.

Back