How long will you stay in-game without any movement ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I don't work so I play off and on all day. Sometimes for a run or two and sometimes much longer if the loot is good. I usually login to the same TP (Icarus) and when I start there is a guy that looks like a construction worker off duty. Has a ball cap, short sleeve wild shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. It does not seem to matter the time of day or night. If I stay AWK for 10 or 15 minutes I seem to lockup and have to do a restart. He does seem to look around from time to time. Sometimes.

Do you get skills or anything for length of time in-game ?

No big deal, just curious, must be boring, not much action around that TP.

1 hour, unless you craft (until you run out of materials) or have a tool like vse mk1 or a gun on auto-use.

No skills of course, unless you have a pet spawned.

Any GUI active (auction, skills, inventory and so on) use to keep my avatar online for
quite some time, longer than an hour. Occasionly it has been shorter but most of the
time quite long.

Before, you could Alt+tab and stay logged in for days unless you get dc'ed
Not sure if this works in the Windowed mode though.

He could simply use a macro to keep the program alive.

For what purpose , who knows. Maybe he logs chat.

Could be your connection causing it. Is you have spotty wifi you might not be sending the keep connection alive packets properly.

I'm on a wired connection and I've left it running in the background for 45+ minutes not doing anything and it's been fine

Could be your connection causing it. Is you have spotty wifi you might not be sending the keep connection alive packets properly.

I'm on a wired connection and I've left it running in the background for 45+ minutes not doing anything and it's been fine

It seems that the connection thing got fixed in the last update as it has not happened lately. I also have a wired connection.

I was not looking for a way to stay on all the time just wonder what purpose it would serve. I would think the dumb ass humming e-mote would work to keep one logged in.

Thanks for the replies.

Back