Rate of receiving critical hits

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Anyone else notice a dramatic increase in the amount of critical hits being received from mobs lately?

It's gone from like 1 out of 200+ hits to like 1 in 20 hits. Getting hit 2 or 3 times in a row with criticals has become a regular thing the last day or so now.

I don't know if it's just random or what but it always seems to be the longer I grind on more expensive mobs the more frequently I start getting hit with criticals.

That and armor enhancers are breaking like crazy as well. once got 7 crits from 1 mob

No, but then, most of the time I don't get hit much anyway. :laugh:

(edit: I mean on Caly we're mostly kiting)

(however) Did a frescoquda daily with a knife (mob L +3 to my evader level) and didn't get a single crit.

Last edited:
With the recent VU it seems a number of mob hit factors were changed. I used to be able to do warlocks easily in mod viceroy/5Bs with mod resto but now they are hitting much harder and more frequently, to the extent which it is no longer possible for me to hunt them without fapping. I didn't stick around long enough to see if they are critting more as well, just went back to small mobs that I can hunt without paying attention.

I feel like Forgo may be able to shed some light on the situation, I recall he was running some software which seemed to track nearly every combat factor.

I've noticed this too, but for me it has come in waves. Some runs are more "normal"
while some runs have crazy amount of crits.
Wonder if they want us all to use rings so they can introduce decay on those? :D

Back