Seasonal ring prices

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
After the 27th Xmas 2019 ring dropped I'm watching with amazement at all the extremely high prices people still ask (and pay) for seasonal rings.

How can it be that after SOOO many dropped rings the prices are still so inflated?
You can hardly call seasonal rings rare anymore.
Nor do they make you any of your invested money back.

So, why do people still pay that much for a ring?
With loot 1.0 I could understand why, but with loot 2.0 I really don't.

Also I wonder, do people actually care when MA will add decay to the rings (as they stated in the rings description)?
What will happen with the price of rings when they would decay?
Sure, decay won't be added yet, because that would kill the last incentive to open boxes, so MA will wait for that until everybody is wearing one.
But long term, the rings are bound to lose their values.

So, why would I want to pay 25k for a ring that's dropping like flies???

Maybe someone can explain?

5% LS ... too short

5% LS ... too short

yes, 27 rings with 5%LS.
Next season it will be a 6% LS ring.
and in 2025 you will have 25% LS rings.

But, how will LS make me my 25k back?

But, how will LS make me my 25k back?

The idea is that the ring will not lose a lot of value over time, so you get your 25k back when you sell it.
The value gained is in the 5% LS you get as long as you own it.

But I agree it's a crazy price for 5% LS :laugh:

wondering

0% help for dps/dpp wise(ofc you can do more damage without healing urself, thats not point)
ring only provides sustainability 30hp,lifesteal etc.

x-mas 19 5% lifesteal
25% evade,dodge,jamming,30hp

mayhem m-matrix alpha,beta,gamma,delta
5,6,7,8% lifesteal 10,12,16,20% evade/dodge ability

most time i grind melee weapons(bralwer,short,longblades)
m-matrix amp can easily replace those lifesteal buff/sustainability
im so satisfied with halloween19, but need to buy x-mas 17,18ring(26~28k?)
and x-mas 19 is 25k now??:laugh:

back to the topic 25k for Da Defensive Ring? good luck with sales :tiphat:

xmas 2015 seems better than xmas2019(if someone have xmas17,18 on right hand def 19 is better)

most hunter want to kill mob before reaching them
whats lifesteal for? where does 25k value comes from?

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone thinks it isnt worth they should avoid buying at that price .

Some rings will save little defence cost but thats not a fact after loot 2.0 but can help you hunt beyond your actual ability , more dps faster ped cycle, etc but at the end its personal choise of ring and what they are willing to pay.

About decay in future ? When people can buy pills for 25 ped , it wont matter much.

The idea is that the ring will not lose a lot of value over time, so you get your 25k back when you sell it.
The value gained is in the 5% LS you get as long as you own it.

But I agree it's a crazy price for 5% LS :laugh:

And this is exactly what I doubt will happen.

Why would the price stay the same if so many keep dropping EACH event?
4 events per year, thats like 4x25= 100 rings per year.

There will litterally be hundreds of rings available.
How can they ever keep their value?

I can agree, if rings stay rare, they could possibly keep their value, but rings will become everything but rare with so many drops.

And each event they will be a little bit better, making the earlier rings lose value even more.

And what about if rings would get decay? How would that affect the price?

If someone thinks it isnt worth they should avoid buying at that price .

Some rings will save little defence cost but thats not a fact after loot 2.0 but can help you hunt beyond your actual ability , more dps faster ped cycle, etc but at the end its personal choise of ring and what they are willing to pay.

About decay in future ? When people can buy pills for 25 ped , it wont matter much.

Yeah, thats pretty obvious, if you think it isnt worth it you shouldnt buy it.
I was brought up in this game that you should invest in gear to be able to profit.
But that's the point, it won't help you profit.
I even think the opposite is true.
Hunting above your level because of ring I think is asking for even more loss instead of profit.

Sure, there's always people who dont care shit about money since they have loads of it.
But judging by the amount of rings being sold, is everybody here a bloody millionaire or what?

I could understand buying a super eco 100k+ setup in loot 1.0, but I don't understand that part in loot 2.0.

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
I have 2 good rings and im capped in both focus blow and reload speed without pills. Do they make a difference outside of mayhem events? i dunno, but atleast i know i did everything humanly possible to break even. If i had shit gear i would most likely blame the losses on that.

Last edited:
I have 2 good rings and im capped in both focus blow and reload speed without pills. Do they make a difference outside of mayhem events? i dunno, but atleast i know i did everything humanly possible to profit/break even. If i had shit gear i would most likely blame the losses on that.

And, did you break even with that super combo?

And how would 5% LS have changed that result?

i dunno, but atleast i know i did everything humanly possible to profit/break even.

Sold every last bit which has markup and refused to continue hunting without cycling it all through the market?

And, did you break even with that super combo?

And how would 5% LS have changed that result?

Hard to say, my rings give me 3% lifesteal and its enough for not having to heal on most mobs (aurli, levi, feffox et.c) Do i save healing cost or would i have gotten it bk in loot, i really dunno :scratch2:.

I wont make the mistake of even write the word "pr,-of/it" seems to be a MA trigger word for lootban

4 events per year, thats like 4x25= 100 rings per year.

Roughly correct. The number of 2019 rings looted so far* is 113 (15 Easter, 44 Summer, 26 Halloween and 28 Christmas).

* up to "Christmas Ring 2019 Fire FireFly Fly Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:19:26"

Some 2019 will likely be looted well into 2020.

The number of 2018 rings looted (should be the final number :D) was 73. By the flavor: 11 Easter, 34 Summer, 21 Halloween and 7 Christmas.

18 of 73 were actually looted in 2019.

P.S. Excel (or its analogues) ftw.

Last edited:
Sold every last bit which has markup and refused to continue hunting without cycling it all through the market?

Yes u wouldn't happen to be interested in 25k+ os shrapnel would u?

I was surprised myself to still see such high prices on all the seasonal rings. Thank you for bringing up the topic.
I definitely believe they will mostly end up around 5-15k.
Lately some athenic and Ares are already decreasing in price. Isn't that because it is starting to have more seasonal rings in-game than actual willing to and wealthy enough hunters ?

In 5 years, when each Mayhem participant will have a seasonal ring, I wonder what will be the trigger for victory.

Roughly correct. The number of 2019 rings looted so far* is 113 (15 Easter, 44 Summer, 26 Halloween and 28 Christmas).

* up to "Christmas Ring 2019 Fire FireFly Fly Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:19:26"

Some 2019 will likely be looted well into 2020.

The number of 2018 rings looted (should be the final number :D) was 73. By the flavor: 11 Easter, 34 Summer, 21 Halloween and 7 Christmas.

18 of 73 were actually looted in 2019.

P.S. Excel (or its analogues) ftw.

i belive the numbers are way more higher , because are lot of people that open the boxes into the website. and those dont appear as discovered in EL or in game from what i know.
if i mistake please correct me.

Yes u wouldn't happen to be interested in 25k+ os shrapnel would u?

The only way to maximise this is by choosing gear with a high enough ammo/decay ratio to let you avoid eating shrapnel for repairs.

The part they never tell you though is that selling loot of course isn't scalable ad libitum because the market doesn't swallow infinite quantities of anything. If you must hunt above its capacity to take your produce, you'll inevitably hit the wall having to decide whether you want to pay for your hunting pleasure or play the game for its economy. (I was under the impression you chose your name for that reason.)

Ok...

1. Prices have gone down for many rings. Biggers Ares rings are cheaper than ever. Even summer 2019 goes for just 8k. Some seasonal go for as low as 7k.

2. Rings save you money all the time. Faster reload, evade, life steal... All have value. Yes many players prefer to kill mobs before the reach you but many don't accomplish this. Faster reload = less regen cost which neans more loot events per ped. Evade = less armor decay. Life steal = less fap decay. There is no costbfor these benefits over the initial price of the ring. Contrary to a prolific believe about loot 2.0 - fap and armor decsy isn't returned in loot at the same % as ammo costs.

3. The prices remain higher as there is less undercutting going on. Most people sell rings in chat o the forum where the markup isn't tracked. Too many people don't know how to read the in game market charts and just blindly go by the numbers listed like it's the gospel.

In the end the price of these rings will drop as other rings come out and we start to see most people unloading them. Right now this ring is holding so much value because we are smack dab in the middle of mayhem and everyone is using the ring for the life steal to help in mayhem.

If MA ever does as decay the market in all rings will crash hard depending on how much decay cost there is.

i don't think people actually buy them to be honest... they just shift from one reseller to another unless it's a ring that's a massive increase to chances of winning an event.

Ring valuation is a farce.

Be informed, pay what it is worth (to YOU) and what value add it can bring to you. It is a free market - don't be manipulated.

Perhaps I'm a rare breed, but I've looted 3 seasonal rings. 2 easter 18's and 1 christmas 19 out of the three I still have 2 of them. So maybe out of the ones looted there is a good percentage that is kept and not sold and that is why the prices are still high on them.
I don't know though.

What I do know is that with the extra 5% lifesteal the xmas 19 gave me there's not a chance I'd sell it until I was either quitting or looted a better ring.

Perhaps I'm a rare breed, but I've looted 3 seasonal rings. 2 easter 18's and 1 christmas 19 out of the three I still have 2 of them. So maybe out of the ones looted there is a good percentage that is kept and not sold and that is why the prices are still high on them.
I don't know though.

What I do know is that with the extra 5% lifesteal the xmas 19 gave me there's not a chance I'd sell it until I was either quitting or looted a better ring.

Dont worry about looting a better one.
You're one of the lucky breeds.

;)

As previously stated, age old rings have gone down significantly invalue as they have been replaced by bigger better rings. Many rings are being sold for a fraction of the price they were when first introduced. That is normal. Values diminish as higher value items replace the old.

What makes this ring so special? It allows you to grind at work for an entire 8 hour shift without ever having to turn on your screen and risk getting busted by the boss. There are more than 27 players ingame who would love to be able to do just that.

Also as previously stated, if you disagree with the values then don't pay them. There are plenty of Improved Ares and Perfected Aeglic rings out there you can use.

For you, Wizz, I don't think these rings are a good fit. You wouldn't get enough use out of them to be worth it. For others who cycle considerable amounts of PED on a regular basis, however, they are well worth the price paid.

I don't know though.

Indeed a rare breed... we're here banging two rocks together to make fire and you're walking around with a Zippo lighter lol

I think you're right, a lot of people keep the rings because I think a lot of the people that loot the rings are the people that spend the most on boxes and generally invest more in their avatars to a point where a single ring is only a small portion of their accounts worth.

I mean if you've got a healthy ped card and 100k-200k+ peds sitting in other investments/gear on your account that you're not rushing to sell why would you rush to sell a ring worth only 21k? Especially if that ring is BAD ASS (which the xmas 2019 is).

The people that rush to sell are the ones with no money and just want a nice payout finally that they can play with. (or withdraw even).

Indeed a rare breed... we're here banging two rocks together to make fire and you're walking around with a Zippo lighter lol

I think you're right, a lot of people keep the rings because I think a lot of the people that loot the rings are the people that spend the most on boxes and generally invest more in their avatars to a point where a single ring is only a small portion of their accounts worth.

I mean if you've got a healthy ped card and 100k-200k+ peds sitting in other investments/gear on your account that you're not rushing to sell why would you rush to sell a ring worth only 21k? Especially if that ring is BAD ASS (which the xmas 2019 is).

The people that rush to sell are the ones with no money and just want a nice payout finally that they can play with. (or withdraw even).

This... Exactly this...

I think they should stop dropping seasonal rings and introduce seasonal amulets at some point.

I think they should stop dropping seasonal rings and introduce seasonal amulets at some point.

When they came out with gear, they suggested they were going to do this but they haven't.

Precisely. You bring a laptop to work and have it sitting below your desk with the lid shut, and you have an extra keyboard on your desk.

Xmouse button control is your friend

Precisely. You bring a laptop to work and have it sitting below your desk with the lid shut, and you have an extra keyboard on your desk.

Nice, cool game!

Like those slot machine addicts who lock the spin button with a credit card so they don't have to press the button.

Back