Does loot seem a bit sour lately or is it just me.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I know I will get a few "Best ever" replies and congrats to them but I have been going down for about the last 3 or 4 weeks. I do log all my runs, currently 6538 of them so far. So I am really not just guessing about mine.

Hopping its just a bad time and will rebound soon and not a change of how loot is compiled:).

Just look at the HOF board. In ALL categories, it seems the lowest it's ever been, when based on an extended period.

So what's MA saving all the loot up for? Is there going to be a surprise update with UL items popping up? Is there going to be a new attack by the robots? Inquiring minds want to know.

I know I will get a few "Best ever" replies and congrats to them but I have been going down for about the last 3 or 4 weeks. I do log all my runs, currently 6538 of them so far. So I am really not just guessing about mine.

Hopping its just a bad time and will rebound soon and not a change of how loot is compiled:).

You lucky bastard, just 3 to 4 weeks. I'm on a 6 month bad streak. Positive runs have become non exsistant. And after my vu17 rant here on pcf, it became even worse.

100 mobs without a single small multiplier has become common business. And no decent equalizers to make up. Each day is ended with a loss.

I've reached a point that playing just became stupidly expensive and it's very demotivating to go on.

So no, it's not just you.

I am sure most people are getting the expected 85% TT return.

Generally if TT goes down for me (mining at least), that means it's time to switch to a different area. Right now I'm getting an area over the last few days that gets me right around 98% TT with 40-50% hit rate over the last few days.

I glad its not just and sorry that others are doing not so good either. Thanks for the comments.

Sometimes pausing a few days and trying a new mob/activity for a couple of runs seem to set the figures back to zéro for me.

Note the sometimes and the seem. No absolute rule here.

Generally if TT goes down for me (mining at least), that means it's time to switch to a different area. Right now I'm getting an area over the last few days that gets me right around 98% TT with 40-50% hit rate over the last few days.

Yeah, since somewhere around 2017 I'm lucky to get 10% hit rate planet side. The system borked me at some point and it never let up. I keep trying mining here and there to see if I can get a reasonable hit rate anywhere amped or not and my hit rate never goes about 10%.... I only ever seem to be able to get like 30% returns in mining now regardless of drops.

As for OP... Yeah bad loots.... definitely seen some of the lowest runs ever during the past couple weeks though on a variety of mobs.

I've had both ups and downs, but that was expected. Haven't followed average loot
in detail since my prio now is to finish off some old missions, so I don't hunt with the
best set ups on every mob, when it comes to loot.

yes it does.

Loot has been horrendous, never saw this thread, but told friends I'm taking a few months off this morning.
Basically, when it's a plus hunt, it's usually by a profit of 40 ped or so, but when it's minus, 200-300 ped a small run, and that's virtually every run.
To be quite frank, am pissed off with Entropia for a bit.

Since when do dairy cows complain about being milked ?
That's how it's suposed to work, the more you milk them, the more milk they produce.. :scratch2:

My return sucks for exactly 1 year now..
I play almost everyday, and for the last year it has been 100% losses, not a single good time to remember..

So I decided I'll not deposit a single $ for the whole year 2020. :yay:

That's what you finally get by milking a cow you don't feed. :wise:

Since it happens to coincide pretty well, yes the timeframe of 3-4 weeks has been yucky on returns for me.
I checked back a few weeks and found not even one 50ped+ global, which was then followed by MA giving me a massive 51 pedder. So, it is now 1 proper global (just) in several weeks... instead of maybe half a dozen, mostly not caught by the tracker anyway, by the way.

Yeah, since somewhere around 2017 I'm lucky to get 10% hit rate planet side. The system borked me at some point and it never let up. I keep trying mining here and there to see if I can get a reasonable hit rate anywhere amped or not and my hit rate never goes about 10%.... I only ever seem to be able to get like 30% returns in mining now regardless of drops.

I would love to see logs of your mining runs with atleast 100 drops done each run. I am sure it wont be 30% tt ( atleast not in planet side)

I cycled in the last 1 year more than in any of the previous years.
Yet, last year I barely got a 400-ish hof, no bigger solo loot!
I did the whole iron formicacida mission, I almost finished the silver argonaut, I hunted A LOT of feffox and ambulimax, but even on Entropialife my favourite mob is kerberos.. it speaks volumes...

I also have noticed that when I do have a profit run it never quite as much as the losses percentage wise. That is make a 10 to 20 percent profit and then lose 20 to 25 percent next time. Not a great lost but MA gets all my profit back plus a little more. King of like very slowly boiling a frog and turning up the heat little by little and the frog never notices until he is dead.

I cycled in the last 1 year more than in any of the previous years.
Yet, last year I barely got a 400-ish hof, no bigger solo loot!
I did the whole iron formicacida mission, I almost finished the silver argonaut, I hunted A LOT of feffox and ambulimax, but even on Entropialife my favourite mob is kerberos.. it speaks volumes...

But what is your return %?

I mean, I have over 1 million in hunting loots and never broke 1704. So we aren't really saying much here when it comes to big loots. However, my return was decent. Not great but not bad.

It realy get boring now. My payback is so sad, that i soon loose my fun to play EU.
The new changes on mining make me realy sick. The HR is lower, the claim sizes too. This is a pain, if you use a Dsec 30 finder. The losses are big now, with this finder! Maybe i should change to use rocky finder. Is that the way to go? (Ped card octobre = 4k / ped card now 600 ped) I realy cycled a lot peds.
Also my hunting is a pain. Especial the MM event. But also other creatures loot like a skeleton.

The hof list also show, how bad it is atm.

.... and yes, this is a whining post :) no need to mention that, if you respont to my post.

Last edited:
My suspicion is Foma woke up from coma and ordered a massive withdrawal or there are some payments regarding TI mess.
So anons must depo. I don't know anyone on my FL who did well last months. Edit: sry, maybe one did ok

yes it does.

Loot has been horrendous, never saw this thread, but told friends I'm taking a few months off this morning.
Basically, when it's a plus hunt, it's usually by a profit of 40 ped or so, but when it's minus, 200-300 ped a small run, and that's virtually every run.
To be quite frank, am pissed off with Entropia for a bit.

I`m experiencing exactly this! 40ped profit or 2-300 loss. much more volatile lately no consintency at all.

Couldn't make a serious effort at Mayhem this time, losses just too severe.

smart move.

Merry Mayhem was a total rip off this year!
Migration was a total rip off this year!
Summer mayhem was a total rip off this year!
Halloween mayhem was a total rip off this year!

I guess MA is feeling the paypal loss and now taking it back through our loot.

Screw this rip off!

Time to stop wasting and do something more useful with my time!

I noticed alot of people saying where profitable runs were something along the lines of 40 or 50 profit and bad runs were in the region of -200 -300 and so on , i noticed that too quite frequent as though a pattern..even though i managed to cycle quite abit in 3 days. last 4 or 5 days have been extremely bad, really really bad which made me think time to take a break.

Put money and time to better use, after all when the results are clearly showing you, you will loose it all time and time again and is always proven.

If to make your peds last and stretch you have to hunt kerbs and snables then whats the point of this skilling and buying better gear, Its as though as saying skill up spend more buy more gear hunt bigger so we can take quicker and you loose quicker.

Now had they tweaked their loot algorithm a little where returns are consistent and not spread out where you have to cycle 30k peds and do an activity over the course of a week or had bad runs for weeks in a row to see returns, things might be abit different where your money lasts you a while and you dont mind depositing and spending when its running low.

Then its worth spending and having fun but until then no more depos. that cow milking quote comes to mind and was well said.

There is only one word to say for this situation. It is called : GREEDY!

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
My loot sucks since looter professions introduction. I used to be 96.5% just after 2.0 and it dropped to 93.08% after looter. And I have good logs, 34k ped input on small mobs. It's not bad after MU but at 96.5% I was actually profitable :rolleyes:

It's hard to tell.

I can't cycle much lately because most of the time I have one or two people in PMs complaining about their returns.

Just did a smal test run, and it looks more bad as the last days i did the same. Mining today 50% payback / Hunt today 63% payback. Ok, that was only each one run, but it says enought do better stop. Time for a longer break here, and also longer no depo. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

I think my last MM of any kind was in 2014. I know this is hard to believe but I played every day and had 3 HOFS around 2K and over 1000 globals (check tracker) and ran out of ped before the end of the event and had to depo 200 USD to finish. That was the last event for me.

Just did a smal test run, and it looks more bad as the last days i did the same. Mining today 50% payback / Hunt today 63% payback. Ok, that was only each one run, but it says enought do better stop. Time for a longer break here, and also longer no depo. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

Out of curiosity, what is a run to you?

I have to concur with the majority here. My loot has been terrible over the last 2 weeks. I am also getting to the point where I feel that there is no fun left. I have always kept within my monthly budget and attempted to hunt at a low enough level for my monthly depo to last a month. I did not even make it to 2 weeks this time and had to depo again. This second depo was gone within 3 days.

Not much else to say as I don't keep logs but after 8 years I do have a feel for how things are going. The only other comment I would make is that when I do get multipliers, quite often I will receive a large percentage of oils instead of shrapnel. I have looted a few armour parts and weapons over the last 2 weeks so it is the overall return I have an issue with rather than the loot variety.

I may consider looking for something else to play if this keeps up as I can't justify this sort of expenditure every month, particularly when I do not get any joy from it.

Incidentally my idea of a run is 500 ped fully cycled until the shrapnel is all gone

Back