How to do a Beacon Mission.....

Danoclese said:
Echoing Rockchick's post, I sent in a support request to MA stating that if time is NOT a factor on the way"up", then this was a bug which would, at least, compel MA to give Sam Zamarin Mariner a new beacon of equal value. Hell, MA would have nothing to lose as they would make on the ammo, decay, etc. spent on the mission.
If I'm wrong here, someone please tell me what the deal is.

Thanks!

Unfortunatly mate, we have no chance of getting back the ammo or decay and very little chance of getting back the beacon

Leandro Kun said:
Unfortunatly mate, we have no chance of getting back the ammo or decay and very little chance of getting back the beacon

Don't get me wrong. Lee. I don't believe for a second that we would get back any ammo, decay, etc. That just wouldn't be practical. But, it is certainly within MA's grasp to give Zam a new beacon and MA stands to make $$$ (again) on the new mission. :)

Sorry Pinky, I don't want to hijack your thread...nuff said.

Danoclese said:
Don't get me wrong. Lee. I don't believe for a second that we would get back any ammo, decay, etc. That just wouldn't be practical. But, it is certainly within MA's grasp to give Zam a new beacon and MA stands to make $$$ (again) on the new mission. :)

Sorry Pinky, I don't want to hijack your thread...nuff said.

Ah, i read that wrong first time ;)

Still dont think they will give Zam a replacment beacon though i obviously hope they do

Thanks on the gamma tip, Pinky!

It really helped to make my first beacon run a memorable experience!

+rep

AG

safara said:
Thank you Sob - Maybe Pinky could update her Guide to include the 45 minutes time limit :)

Working on it now ;)

EDIT: Added you Para. 4

EDIT 2: Hmmm... it doesnt update the stickyfied version - I will PM MB to see if it can be re-copied...

Last edited:
MrWizard said:
Not sure if PINKY is still making updates to the sticky or not, but I thought I'd add something since no one else seems to have mentioned it.

You need to scout out each level entirely. The boxes don't show up until your practically walking on them. In some of the levels, the rooms are cavernous. Make sure everyone spreads out and sends a message when they find one. On the beacons I've been on, team chat is usually filled with things like "3 boxes on the E side" followed by "5 boxes on the W side" etc. The person that is opening the boxes will appreciate it if they know about all the boxes and their locations before the countdown timer starts. As said before, the maze is difficult, but the good thing is the walkways are rather small, so you'll see any boxes as you go, unless you completely miss a hallway.

As for loot, last beacon I did (2 nights ago), we came back with about 300 PED in loot and items. Biggest item was an ESI. Most of it was pixie, gnome and goblin parts. Usually, better loot is on the lower levels, because they're harder to get to. Make sure your highest agility person takes the first level.

Otherwise, great post PINKY and great updates by everyone else!

Updating this now...

RE: Contacting MB - I looked at my old PMs and he does say that if I update this, he needs to update the sticky each time, so I will hold off for the moment, and ask if anyone has more comments that can be added...

I will give it a week, then ask MB to update :girl:

Last edited:
PINKY said:
Working on it now ;)

EDIT: Added you Para. 4

EDIT 2: Hmmm... it doesnt update the stickyfied version - I will PM MB to see if it can be re-copied...

Thanks Pinky, however you need to update the time to 1 hour. I just got a message off support to have a look in the mining FAQ section of the EU site. I had a dig around and found this :)

EUwebsite said:
The 5 minute self destruct countdown starts once the boss robot has been killed, OR approximately one hour after activating the beacon.

Last edited:
We did a mission last weekend. A couple details:

-The box positions shown on the map work for some levels...other levels are a bit random in plament. The two I noticed for certain are the Boss and Maze level and boxes were often in different spots on these levels.

-The Boss I fought was a Gen 02 Warrior...and he entered the "trapped" state on a flat floor...so be prepared to knock him out of it.

-the last minute of the countdown went REALLY fast....it's like it was announced and we blew up immediately. Lot's of boxes also locked-up at the end.

This was a 29-ped mission.

Hi great guide..

However after quickly reading through all the posts no one has told the first timer how it ends, or what you should do when you have looted all the boxes.
Obvious when you have done it once, but for completeness.

..... No need to panic, there is no way out. You blow up with the ship.
You all end up in a big team hug at a revival terminal. (with all your loot)

Am I right? I have only been on one. lol.

Last edited:
If you manage to come down to the entrance level you will not die but return to the place where you started the misssion.

PINKY said:
I will give it a week, then ask MB to update :girl:

Ok, so a little more than a week - I forgot! :D

Have made all the changes and additions and PM'd MB to ask him to copy acrosss to the sticky when he has the time.

Thanks for all the help with keeping the guide as upto date as possible guys! :girl:

May want to add that only 75% of the bots on each floor are only required to advance and that if you kill 100% of the bots you dont need to kill the boss.

When you do a beacon run how do you get off once you have looted all the boxes and killed all? and do you have to kill the boss to get off the ship?

When you do a beacon run how do you get off once you have looted all the boxes and killed all? and do you have to kill the boss to get off the ship?

you have to kill the boss to open the boxes
to get off or you can run to the 1st lvl and get off or you can simply die with the destruction of the spaceship and be revived on the planet

guess so anyway

^^

one question, i have Part Nemisis Part Vigi armor MkII a bravo a mercenary and a 2350 fap, skilled Laser pistoleer(or lvl 21 on profession)... which kind of Beacon should i do?:scratch2:

one question, i have Part Nemisis Part Vigi armor MkII a bravo a mercenary and a 2350 fap, skilled Laser pistoleer(or lvl 21 on profession)... which kind of Beacon should i do?:scratch2:

Depends :)

How many people are on your team and what equipment do they have?

well iwas thinking of a team around my skills and equips that are as good as mine are. :headbang:

+ rep, great guide!

I was told on my first beacon not to loot any bots as they were killed. Can anyone explain why?

the bots in the beacon mission are no loot ones, they are part of the quest , you have to kill them , and as you go further you kill better ones untill killing the boss.

the real loot is in the chests ( and is as all EU stuff...... random lot or no loot);)

the bots in the beacon mission are no loot ones, they are part of the quest , you have to kill them , and as you go further you kill better ones untill killing the boss.

the real loot is in the chests ( and is as all EU stuff...... random lot or no loot);)

Thx, I thought there may have been another reason not to loot them.

You do not need 8 people. You can loot all the boxes on a ship with 5 people. 6 Max dpending on the placement order of the levels. 8 People almost guarantees that everyone loses money.

well iwas thinking of a team around my skills and equips that are as good as mine are. :headbang:

You shsould be able to handle up to 29 PED beacon. Although the boss might be a bit interesting but that really does not matter as you do not have to kill it anymore.

Great post just a bit l8 4 me and my m8 we where guyes yesterday.. Only 2 ppl.. me and him did a 23peder.. Did not know anything.. hehe was really hard and we come 2 final boss and slay him 2 and start runing back hehe really did not know what was going 2 happend..

We got like 50 ped in stuff and the ship exploded we where not happy of what we got and we talk of how 2 make it faster..

we did buy 2 more of the 23 peders just me and him whent upp alone haha really stupit.. but we made it but we did not need 2 kill the boss lvl cuz we killed all the others before so i was staring and Rifel the robots and w8 4 the signal so we can loot. my friend was at the teleport stuff and we made it far.. got lite 200 ped in TT then =) think we made it back 2 second lvl alost =P some 23 peders are bether then others..

still If u are 3 4 ppl there is Np Doing it.. we where 2 ppl and come 2 lvl 2 almost... really no good agility we have like noobs we are ;P sorry 4 my VERY bad english but i really wanted 2 say something here 2 =) But now i sure Know how it all works! so Rep + 4 this Thread! :D

Back