ATM card received

Sarah

Master Colorer
Society
Freelancer
Sarah 'Zap' Charlton
Hi all,

I just wanted to make a public notice that I received a letter from MindArk today. Inside was my ATM card. :eek: I didn't see anyone else post about it here, so either I am the first one to receive it or people are just very secretive about it.

I have a picture of it. ^_^

(Sorry about the very very bad quality, I only had an old webcam avaiable and wanted the photo posted asap.)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I just wanted people to know that they are actually shipped. :)

I am not sure but I think this interface changed after I activated my ATM card. It now says "Select amount to transfer to Cash Card".

But, it also says that the transfer fee for transferring from EU to my Cash Card is 35 PED. Didn't MA say that there would be no such fee? I tried and it actually removed the 35 PED, so it's not a typo.

Anyone else recollect that there was not supposed to be a transfer fee from EU to the Cash Card? (Only 35 PED monthly and 35 PED ATM withdrawal.)

Sarah said:
I am not sure but I think this interface changed after I activated my ATM card. It now says "Select amount to transfer to Cash Card".

But, it also says that the transfer fee for transferring from EU to my Cash Card is 35 PED. Didn't MA say that there would be no such fee? I tried and it actually removed the 35 PED, so it's not a typo.

Anyone else recollect that there was not supposed to be a transfer fee from EU to the Cash Card? (Only 35 PED monthly and 35 PED ATM withdrawal.)

I remember that being said as well, so will look forward to see what MA has to say.

A few questions for you :)

1. How long does it take from you transfer to card untill you can withdraw )Did you test) ?
2. Did you recieve only the card, or did you also get the pincode?
3. When transfered to cash card, do you have to transfer it back ingame thru the deposit site, or is there a funktion for doing this?

Sorry for the questions, didn't order one yet, and wanted to know how they worked :)

cool ill order mine now then :)
and yes marco did say something along those lines

Sarah said:

I'm guessing the "35 PED ATM withdrawal" fee is the fee you just experienced. I doubt MA charges for the actual process of turning the funds on the card into cash... you'll have to leave that up to the ATM/Bank that you use ;)

This is a link to the post from Marco.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=309087&postcount=123

"..an unfortunate misprint online for a short time period, stating an additional 35 PED for transferring PED to the Entropia Universe Cash Card, which is incorrect."

I can assure you that 35 PED for transferring to the Cash Card was deducted. Or rather, it was drawn from the total amount that reached the card. So if you withdraw 2000 PED then 35 PED is removed and $196.50 (1965 PED) reaches your card. I cannot confirm this but my withdrawal receipt told me so, and I hope for MA's sake that the receipt is not wrong... Then they are probably not careful enough to handle real money.

EDIT:
Uhm... I relogged and the total withdrawn amount was back on my EU card. I went through the transferring process, got an receipt to confirm, confirmed it and got a notice that the transfer was completed. Feels a little unsafe to know that the money now is back on my EU Card... are they pending or what?

EDIT2:
Even though I got my card AND activated it over the homepage it still says "You account doesn't have an Entropia Universe Cash Card registered to it. Cash Cards can be bought from the Entropia Universe Trade Terminals." under the section "My Cash Card". MindArk.. statement?

Last edited:
Sarah said:

"..an unfortunate misprint online for a short time period, stating an additional 35 PED for transferring PED to the Entropia Universe Cash Card, which is incorrect."

I can assure you that 35 PED for transferring to the Cash Card was deducted. Or rather, it was drawn from the total amount that reached the card. So if you withdraw 2000 PED then 35 PED is removed and $196.50 (1965 PED) reaches your card. I cannot confirm this but my withdrawal receipt told me so, and I hope for MA's sake that the receipt is not wrong... Then they are probably not careful enough to handle real money.

EDIT:
Uhm... I relogged and the total withdrawn amount was back on my EU card. I went through the transferring process, got an receipt to confirm, confirmed it and got a notice that the transfer was completed. Feels a little unsafe to know that the money now is back on my EU Card... are they pending or what?

EDIT2:
Even though I got my card AND activated it over the homepage it still says "You account doesn't have an Entropia Universe Cash Card registered to it. Cash Cards can be bought from the Entropia Universe Trade Terminals." under the section "My Cash Card". MindArk.. statement?

ewe... I didn't see that post from Marco before. Its seems you bought your ATM card only to become a beta tester :( bad form MA.

Talked to support over the phone and posted a corresponding support case about it for them to send the reply in. I'll post more info here once they get back to me. :wise:

I wonder if an ATM card exists for the account 'Marcus Calender Estate Broker' ;) If it does, I bet ya it works pretty well :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing Sarah, and good luck :thumbup:

Sarah said:
Talked to support over the phone and posted a corresponding support case about it for them to send the reply in. I'll post more info here once they get back to me. :wise:

You are looking to widthdraw.Sorry! We can't help you at this moment we are on vacations. We'll reply to you if we want and when we have free time.

In case you are looking forward to deposit more please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be glad to serve you within 30 minutes max. :tongue2:

Feels great to see that thoose cards are on their way. Mine should be here anytime now than.

Sounds weird that is doesn't work correctly, and it's so lame to see that the staff working with ATMcards are on vacation at the very moment they are releasing their biggest Cash related thing ever. (That fact comes from a phonecall I made two days ago).

I'm looking forward to get some more updates sarah, since my cards isn't recieved yet.

Thanks

Thanks for the info...the non-ATM withdraw process was a bit bugged a few days ago so they are probably just working out the kinks and that's why the PEDs went back on your PED card.

As far as support being in the office, they seem to be in the office for some things, like closing tickets, but not for other support case types.

Sarah said:

EDIT:

EDIT2:

join the club.

Can you use the ATM card to deposit cash also?? Is the card tied to your bank?

Enum said:

It's not tied to anyones bank. It's just tied to the Financial Institute and MindArk PE AB.

You have to deposit like you have done it before.

The only way to make a so called deposit with the ATM card is if you have filled your ATM card with PED, but don't use it all. Than you may transfer thoose ped back ingame.

Sarah said:

EDIT:
Uhm... I relogged and the total withdrawn amount was back on my EU card.
[...]
Maybe you cant get money because the card is so very secure:

Entropia Universe Cash Card said:
Please note that for added security, the Entropia Universe Cash Card comes with an initial monthly withdrawal limit of 1000 PED. This limit may easily be increased by filling out the 'Advance Limit Increase' form available
But I think you have filled out the 'Advance Limit Increase', have that form signed and sent to MindArk PE AB (publ) together with a verified and officially certified copy of your passport. :girl:

Sarah said:
MindArk.. statement?
MA: "Sorry, we are lol'ed.. ehm, stoned... ehm, under a stone... CU in a couple of weeks!"

Jac

Did you really think the implementation of the ATM card would be seamless and silky smooth on the very first day? :laugh:

Enum said:

No, it's just some kind of prepaid card. Like the new Visa electron for Xbox-kids: german link

Fill it up with money, then when the money is on the card you can go and perhaps buy something.

Jac

PS: oops, Lady Mercury was much faster than me... ;)

Sarah said:

Key word there...additional....:)

It was stated at release that ma takes 35 and the banks take 35.....when its just the banks that charge that 35 ped....thats something ma has no control over even if they wanted to. So that wasnt referring to the 35 ped you got deducted, but a misprint at realase that stated another 35 on top of that 35.

I actually didnt notice the other 35 ped was retracted til that post....thats good to hear. :)

As far as the system not working for some....like stryker said...its just released....im sure some unexpected things will pop up...as they do with most released items. At least its not life threatening...like some of the automobile safety recalls. :)

Stryker said:
Did you really think the implementation of the ATM card would be seamless and silky smooth on the very first day? :laugh:

No, but now the activation of the card is unstable. The section of the homepage about your cash card doesn't even exist. You cannot transfer funds to it. And all the informations about the fees are wrong. :D And on the phone support actually seemed to know less about the whole cash card thing than I did(!). ^_^

That's a little worse than "not seamless and silky smooth". Nothing that has to do with the Cash Card works and/or is even implemented. :p

EDIT:
Just noticed they removed the whole "My Cash Card" section of My Section on the homepage. I guess they noticed that it didn't work at all. :p

Sarah said:
No, but now the activation of the card is unstable. The section of the homepage about your cash card doesn't even exist. You cannot transfer funds to it. And all the informations about the fees are wrong. :D And on the phone support actually seemed to know less about the whole cash card thing than I did(!). ^_^

That's a little worse than "not seamless and silky smooth". Nothing that has to do with the Cash Card works and/or is even implemented. :p

EDIT:
Just noticed they removed the whole "My Cash Card" section of My Section on the homepage. I guess they noticed that it didn't work at all. :p

I told ya! You are red flaged now!
You are a potential withdrawer...

No more support to you :tongue2:

Hope you will get throught it soon. Because i'm not gonna take that card as far as they don't have it 100% bug free.

Did you get a pin number for it ? I mean how else are you supposed to get cash from an ATM machine..

Zefram said:
Did you get a pin number for it ? I mean how else are you supposed to get cash from an ATM machine..

It's an EU-card: shoot and loot it.

Jac

Zefram said:

I got the card, and I got the PIN code. It's 538... uhm... wait! Forget that last part.

Sarah said:
I got the card, and I got the PIN code. It's 538... uhm... wait! Forget that last part.

that's why you have to make it public. So next time you forget it, you'll just have to post here a request something like "yo, people! what's me pin?"
:banghead:

Jac said:
It's an EU-card: shoot and loot it.

Jac

lol ! when that professor on TerraNova Blog said the EU ATM card is not such a big deal but just another debit card, Jan the CEO of MA went SO way rude and stupid against that professor. And now guess what : MA defines the EU ATM card to be nothing more than a regular debit card;MA says this on their own site.
You aint see any ATM card, nor the Entropian, nor real adverts.

MA blabla a lot for make advert , but to say something usefull or interessing for player ...

Tell when all that work sarah , i whant one of those card , but i wait MA fix it first ...
If they one day manage to make it work ...

Good that volvo dont make car as MA make game ...

hum, am I nuts? crap..I am...double post without making any sense.. no point at all :S

Sorry :dunno:

Back