Too young to drive/ride!

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
Here is classic proof that some people just don't have the maturity to be allowed on public roads.

WARNING: While the clip is not graphic, it's still not that nice!

Idiots can be found here

Absolutely.

Even if the unfortunate girls had been strapped in sufficiently the sheer centrifugal forces would have been enough to eventually do irrepairable internal damage.

I hope the idiot behind the throttle was banned for a very long time.

I also think the wheel ride should have had a governer on it to prevent excessive RPM.

WoW this deserves a spot on Jackass. Man those chics are so dumb. I wouldn't do that even when stick a gun in my head.

Asurada said:
WoW this deserves a spot on Jackass. Man those chics are so dumb. I wouldn't do that even when stick a gun in my head.

To be honest, I don't blame the girls. They just wanted a bit of fun, like girls do :rolleyes: it's those muppet guys that are the idiots for not taking stock of what they were doing.

You're right. I guess they never had any science class at school. :rolleyes: Still it's highly dangerous. Kids Don't Try This At HOME...*Looks at himself*...

That had to hurt! :smash: :hammer:

Pretty stupid but something i might have pullend when i was younger...
It also has some resemblence of this . (HTF ep#1)

i reckon the experience would be survivable if you stay inside the wheel. The g force at or close to the centre of rotation can't be too extreme, at the edges it's going to be quite high i guess. The outside edge of that roundabout can't be doing more than about 30 unless the scooter's derestricted.

Might have to blag some of the kids who hang out on their scooters at weekends in my village to try it out.

Winston

101 said:
Might have to blag some of the kids who hang out on their scooters at weekends in my village to try it out.

Winston

lol, coincidental chavicide, I love it! :laugh:

think ur wrong there 101 - unless ur dead centre, the forces get more stronger the closer you are to it. had to hurt, even before they got thrown out.

the acceleration is determined by

a = v ^2 /r

while this looks like the acceleration should be greatest near the centre the speed is also much lower near the centre.

i think

a = w r

is the formula for acceleration using angular velocity (w) this would appear to suggest that the acceleration increases with distance from the centre as w is the same for all points on the roundabout.

Can any physics heads confirm this, i'm about to go home and don't really have time to check the interweb.

Winston

yea exactly so the Force (=m*a) is greater nearer the centre because r is smaller. i wasnt any good at physics (only an E at A level) so im not too sure if im rite...

andyzammy said:
yea exactly so the Force (=m*a) is greater nearer the centre because r is smaller. i wasnt any good at physics (only an E at A level) so im not too sure if im rite...

LOL think about what you just said. You are completely contradicting yourself, no offence like but please try again :wise:

All I have to say it...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

acaffrey said:
LOL think about what you just said. You are completely contradicting yourself, no offence like but please try again :wise:
im not quite sure i did. i said in my first post that i thought the force was stronger the closer to the centre you are (unless you're dead centre of the wheel). and with 101's forumla (a = v ^2 /r) proved that the closed to the centre you are (therefore r is smaller) the bigger a will be, therefore the bigger F will be (because F=m*a). in my eyes that seems sound, but then again i said i got E in a level...

Long ago when I was a small child myself I had a similar experience. We were not nearly as foolish as these people. It was only several small kids myself included on the merry-go-round and several teenagers spinning the thing by hand. Never the less the centrifugal force was so strong it threw me right off. My whole back was one big chunk of road rash.

I can only imagine what was going through that girl mind as she went flying through the air.

Amante said:
I can only imagine what was going through that girl mind as she went flying through the air.

Yeah, probably the steal bar of the swing in close proxomity.

Both of the girls were thrown off.

andyzammy said:
im not quite sure i did. i said in my first post that i thought the force was stronger the closer to the centre you are (unless you're dead centre of the wheel). and with 101's forumla (a = v ^2 /r) proved that the closed to the centre you are (therefore r is smaller) the bigger a will be, therefore the bigger F will be (because F=m*a). in my eyes that seems sound, but then again i said i got E in a level...

F = ma, since in angular velocity the direction of velocity is always changing this is a constant acceleration.

The further a body is from the centre of rotation the larger it's angular acceleration, therefore in F= ma, the edge of the wheel has more centrifugal force then close to the centre. Otherwise there would be a paradox of sorts in the only 1 millimetre of deviance from the centre would give extreme forces compared to 0 when in dead centre.

101 said:
i reckon the experience would be survivable if you stay inside the wheel. The g force at or close to the centre of rotation can't be too extreme, at the edges it's going to be quite high i guess. The outside edge of that roundabout can't be doing more than about 30 unless the scooter's derestricted.

Winston

They might have had an scooter capable of doing 65.. I know because I was considering buying one that could hit 65 to 70 MPH. I decided to wait till next summer and get an Bike instead!

So the speeds could have been much higher, I would guess from the video I seen that the speeds where over 30 mhp.

Nicole said:
So the speeds could have been much higher, I would guess from the video I seen that the speeds where over 30 mhp.

I'd say definately.

AkiranBlade said:
Otherwise there would be a paradox of sorts in the only 1 millimetre of deviance from the centre would give extreme forces compared to 0 when in dead centre.
yea i did see that and thought... ok im wrong lol not even gonna bother tryin anymore :p :p

The whole story is an example of when stupidity hurts.

Back