Why do people kill noobs?

Matromony

Young
Jesse Matromony James
I was running around tryin to earn some PED in my first week of playing and my friend tells me of this oil rig... im thinking to myself... how could i go wrong with this.. i put on my pixie and orange suit and head off east from twin peaks... this jog takes me 20 minutes alone because im sure to die to every flippin mob i see.... anyways i get there.. and im like.. wheres all the oil? and i just hear 1 shot and my health turns red... Does it give satisfaction to people to kill someon e just so they have to make another 10 minute run out there... just to prove how greater then you they are?

That's life (well, death) at the rig mate...

:)

I don't hang out there but i could guess a reason..

I guess the people with the heavier equip have been depositing or doing alot of hardwork, and think its time they got something for free, and they were probably killed as well when they just started.

So probably something like "n00b, go do some work first and earn your right to stand here" or something ..

Just a guess.. :dunce:

its a cheap +1 on the kill spree....

why do nubs moan when they find something that they are not skilled for and die alot?

If the rig was easy then we would have crap like 8 monhts ago with Gavin and DaveJ living there wasting bandwidth :p

Its part of the game, love it or leave it

Survival of the fittest.

And some people just like it to make Noobs cry. :)

(Not me though i do stuff like that only in RL ;) )

That is the harh reality of the rig, sorry if you did not know it was so dangerous.

It's like running into a volcano and wondering why you get burned! :)

Some guides I have read make it seem like you can just stroll over there and pickup tons of oil off the ground...WRONG! they should be changed and warning signs, like those by the PvP zones, should be posted.

To be fair to the New guys, unless they have read a lot on EF or have been ingame a while, they have no reason to believe the rig is as tough as it is. They still get the "get free oil" on arrival or on the EU guide so of course they will give it a go.

They will also learn very quickly that this is not the case...

sadly rig is PvP and some guys get pleasure of pk'ing ppl, if u cannot handle it, don't go there.

Why sadly ? :)
Imagine this where safe zone, oil bots, who know the best insult competetions, behave like kiddies.

Ok some also behave like kiddies but they at least kiddies with big guns and donate some peds to the loot pool and most people do not understand this OOoooOOOooOoOOOoO from the Victims:D

Fiona Simmons said:
Why sadly ? :)

sadly, for newcomers who cannot get free cash from there :kos:

Orange juice is good for the soul, thats why. Oh, and some taste like chicken :laugh:

Let the noob go there and get som oil. Whats the big deal?? Its not that they gonna be rich or something. Just a few extra ped to get in the game! And for the people who actually stands there and guarding the rig: If youre not there...people gonna go to the rig and get some free oil, but it aint gonna bee much, couse it gonna be owercrovded with noobs! Thats all!

It`s sad when a game becomes more then a game! Just enjoy....

P.S sorry for my spelling:(

I've been to the rig 2 times .. The first time, I finally made it without getting eaten along the way .. Saw the rig (a lot smaller than I expected), decided to wait and see what the oil looked like when it spawned .. there were a few others there .. I stood around waiting for a few minutes, then was picked off .. think it was a 120 point hit or so, more than adequate to kill me and send me to the outpost .. I went into pvp .. I expected to die, no big loss ..

Second time was a friendly wormhole trip that someone arranged from PA .. I knew where it was going, that I for most intents and purposes was fodder for the guns, and stepped through anyway .. That was about the funniest thing I've seen .. 30 or so of us popping out to be gunned down by a mass assasination squad ... :eek: :laugh:

pvp is pvp, sometimes you live, sometimes you die

Nea said:

you can go there and gift them free cash :D

as for the thread
Nea said:
Why do people kill noobs?

Because its easyer than kill skalman :D

i wasnt angry... if i was a very high leveled player i would help noobs rather then kill them=P.. high level players dont need a few PEDs of oil... believe me.. the run for a noob deserves a few PEDS :laugh:

Matromony said:
i wasnt angry... if i was a very high leveled player i would help noobs rather then kill them=P.. high level players dont need a few PEDs of oil... believe me.. the run for a noob deserves a few PEDS :laugh:

you think they go there to grab few ped of oil ?

Nea said:

you're going to get cancer if you keep it up Nea.

Why? many reasons..

First the oil rig is not dangerous to just noobs.. as its dangerous to be there unless your uber and have thousands of ped worth of weapons, armor and fap.
That is beacuse most of the people that camp the rig already have thousands of peds worht of ammo, weapons and fap (somtimes even tens of thousands of ped in those items).

Another reason is noobs are some of the easiest mobs to kill in EU, not much more difficult to kill than a snablesnot unless you have a jumper.

all it takes is 1 good shot from an amped bravo or amped/unamped foxtrot or 2-3 good shots with an amped maddox 4, and 2 shots with a dante amp.

there are alot of noobs who have poor ettiquite and can be downright rude
killing them is an easy way to get them out of your face while teaching them some kinda lesson

if you are not an uber, a noob is about the only kind of player you can kill
even another noob can kill a noob with ease and the only player you can reasonably hope to kill without getting smeared. That is why the make good fodder for a kill spree.

Then there is the OJ factor.. OJ has vitamin C and that helps prevent scurvy

by there very nature a noob does not know much or anything about the game that can make them both easy prey as well as very clueless about the worksings and politics of EU.
Some people dont have the patience to deal with someone constantly asking lots of questions or engaging in various annoying behaviors.
and those people would rather the problem to go away than properly educating them.

You might well be a very polite and thoughtful person but while wearing the orange suit you would be a victum of the image of the more clueless folks that have preceded you have created.

Unless you actually done somehting to piss someone off ( maybe you shot at the mob they were attacking, your your presance attracted other mobs or even begged for items or money)
Most of the times when someone kills you it is nothign personal and is part of the game and by you being in a pvp zone you have given anyone permission to kill you

There are some places that are pvp and yet you will have a low chance of being killed by someone an example of those places is most of amethera.
Then there are pvp zones where your presanse there will gaurontee that someone will shoot at you sooner or later.
Examples of thse places are the ring at twin peaks or the pvp zone where the rig is especially around the rig proper and pvp 3.
In pvp 3 there is an incentive to shoot you as you can get money for killing people there ANd you give double permission to be shot at because you have to take specific and proactive steps just to enter pvp3 including paying a toll to enter.

If you object to being killed by other players you have a few choices.
Avoid pvp zones especially the above mentioned pvp hot spots.
Deposit a few hundered dollars and get some good weapons so that you can respond in kind. Finally there is the most common noob tactic wich is to not be a sitting duck. Meaning jump and run like hell, constantly stay in motion and make sure your movements are not easy to track.
Just like in real life so it is in EU. It is hard to hit a moving target and is easy to hit a target that is standing still.

Just like getting eaten in one chomp by an atrox stalker it provides an incentive and a goal to work towards.
Just as killing an atrox old alpha or a stalker for the first time is a major and worthwhile goal and achievement. so is killing someone like Skalman, Jenna Star Mercury, Major Rage, or any member of a top 10 soc a major achievment.

Reactions: Nea
The first rule about the Rig is for an noob not to talk about the oil!

Talking about oil is an sure way to get pked as an noob...

Instead I highly recommend as an noob being very friendly and talkative to people at the rig but don’t mention oil.

Its an well known fact that most of the pkers if you talk to them will be less likely to pk you if they like you.

But there are certain exceptions to this also.

Bring an decent fap with you and try to fap them on big mobs... it’s the thought that counts and they will be less likely to shot you latter because of the nice gesture on your part!

Or you could just pray and hope that no one will kill you. But seriously FAP them and you'll suvive or have a better chance to survive or you could bring along a gang of uber ubers and get them to open a way for you.

well, that is the prob if you want free oil, those ppl there want it too
and unfortunatly their weaponry is better than yours
so, deposit 10k$+ and more, buy some nice armor and weapons to survive there
and get around 0.70 $, ah, dont know, every 15 min or so?
at least at long not a soc comes and kills you, or someone who invested even more

Enum said:
and the person who told you to go to the rig is an idiot.
Amen, it even stands in one of MAs newcomer msg, i think below sweat gathering
suggested for newcomers :rolleyes:

Nicole said:
The first rule about the Rig is for an noob not to talk about the oil!

Talking about oil is an sure way to get pked as an noob...

Instead I highly recommend as an noob being very friendly and talkative to people at the rig but don’t mention oil.

Its an well known fact that most of the pkers if you talk to them will be less likely to pk you if they like you.

But there are certain exceptions to this also.

Bring an decent fap with you and try to fap them on big mobs... it’s the thought that counts and they will be less likely to shot you latter because of the nice gesture on your part!
Well said.

If a mob is chasing you run away from the rig. If you keep bringing in trox the people there will see you as a threat and treat you accordingly.

MalRenolds said:
Well said.

If a mob is chasing you run away from the rig. If you keep bringing in trox the people there will see you as a threat and treat you accordingly.

Personally when i was a low lvl player i got fed up with the nobs keep shooting me that when i was a noob i kept on dying with ubers killing me, so for a good few hours after i kept on bringing in the big mobs to teach em a lesson...

Suffice to say they stopped shooting me and i managed to get some oil ;)

this was some time ago and i did whip out my fap 5 and start healing her for 2s when she was taking teh atrox alpha.. maybe she was just anti-orange :laugh:

Nicole has a very good point.

Have a good fap and fap people there, i do that while out in the field or at the rig and other places.
I have been allowed to stay at the rig before longer because of it. You need a decent fap though a fap-5 isnt gonna be enough as it isnt gonna prevent them from needing to use their own fap. I have even had someoen share some of their loot after getting a global because i fapped them while they were dealing with a trox.
Of course you have to get close enough to fap them. thats where being nice comes in (as well as not getting too close to the actual rig).

In general if you help the people there they are more likely to let you stay
in wich case you might be able to get some oil after they leave.

In answer to the name of the thread, I shall respond with a question.
Why do noobs go to pvp areas? Another question.. Why are noobs always amazed that someone would pk them in a pvp area?

Matromony said:

In response to this little number... :rolleyes:
What the hell makes anyone more "deserving" than anyone else? "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"? I believe thats what a pretty famous person said, (who's ideas when adhered to were responsibe for a large union's collapse).

This is a free market economy, not some charity program.

edit...
Maybe thats a bit harsh, I just woke up. But its still a valid point, and I have never been one to sugar coat my words.

Hum do i think if you are a noob and want to go to oil rig for oil its difficult .but when i went to rig and see person like moonear i love to run near then right left right left left left right and to joke because they cant shoot a poor noob . Now i don't go to the rig or if i go i dont shoot the noob, or just the noob who are all time saying to one ubber oh you are good oh you are my god lol . I like to use foxtrop me +eamp15 on the poor stupid noob who have nemesis with 32 agility and with adept laser sniper . When i went to rig my first time the person whoose wear nemesis were very good and had lot of skill and i have respect for them but now person in shadow jaguar ect with no skill lol i really have lot of fun . If you come to oil rig just for oil its not oil rig its suicide you will loose a lot of time but if you go in for fun and eventually get one barril its ok .

Back