Why do people kill noobs?

"Even the most wretched individual of our present society could not exist and develop without the cumulative social efforts of countless generations."

- Mikhail Bakunin

"Humanity should question itself, once more, about the absurd and always unfair phenomenon of war, on whose stage of death and pain only remains standing the negotiating table that could and should have prevented it."

Pope John Paul II

There are smarter people you could quote from...

Painkiller Jane

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage,
to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only
be attained through understanding."

Albert Einstein

"The superior man...does not set his mind either for anything,
or against anything; what is right he will follow."

Confucius

"What you do not want done to yourself,
do not do to others."

Confucius

To name a few.

I understand that there are a great number of more intellectually stimulating people to quote, but in keeping with the spirit of the thread, and the spirit of my position on the subject, I decided that it would be better to quote those who aspired to take over the world.

If you are the pk'ing side of it, the quotes I have used should ring true. If you are on the pk'ee side of it, and feel like whining about it, then yes, by all means, quotes from those who have never done battle should serve you well.

read my signature

quote says it all; think before you move into PVP when guys in Black armour are bored waiting for oil to spawn.... and put on your Chronicle or Eon set ;-)

Teilk said:
If you are the pk'ing side of it, the quotes I have used should ring true. If you are on the pk'ee side of it, and feel like whining about it, then yes, by all means, quotes from those who have never done battle should serve you well.

Well first of all, I'm not whining but only replying on the topic.
And since we are in a quotation mood :D

"Only the narowminded and egocentric have the urge to want to rule over the less strong"

J.A.

"It's the ego that makes people blind for peacefull solutions"

J.A.

"Violance is the sign of a weak person"

J.A.

Btw, J.A. thats me..and I have see'n batle, ingame and in RL.

Cheers :cool:

Well Matrimony personally i think that if they wanna waste there ammo on you then i would invite a lot of friends that are new to the game and keep going out there till they got no ammo left and then they will die themselves, so perhaps they will get the idea to F***ING leave us NooBs alone.....

I know for a fact that there is bout 30 of us going out there this w/end just to P*** off the uber players haha tough luck and all that

Atlan Leticron said:
Well first of all, I'm not whining but only replying on the topic.
And since we are in a quotation mood :D

"Only the narowminded and egocentric have the urge to want to rule over the less strong"

J.A.

"It's the ego that makes people blind for peacefull solutions"

J.A.

"Violance is the sign of a weak person"

J.A.

Btw, J.A. thats me..and I have see'n batle, ingame and in RL.

Cheers :cool:

huh so.................. it still fun to kill noobs :cowboy:

let me try to explain :laugh: :laugh:
a human is nothing more than a animal rase.
animals have instinct's to get terrain and rule over other's
it's only that human's think that they stand above animal's because we build things and other animals ain't.

a instinct wall allway's stay so tehre will allway's be the urge to kill and get terrain.

i'm no differant accept that i don't make war ........ i just walk up to the other put my gun up against his head and the the all so famous line.

all your bases are belong to us :laugh:

Teilk said:
...I decided that it would be better to quote those who aspired to take over the world.

yes, but napoleon was defeated - twice.

I sure there must be a sucessful general who would be as inspiring.

although, if you just want some mean guy, stalin would be a good choice. at least, he wasn't defeated.

kira-red said:
yes, but napoleon was defeated - twice.

I sure there must be a sucessful general who would be as inspiring.

although, if you just want some mean guy, stalin would be a good choice. at least, he wasn't defeated.

Well, nobody is invincible, and Stalin never really made any witty quotes, other than "Even paranoids have enemies", and that did not really fit the discussion.

Teilk said:
Well, nobody is invincible, and Stalin never really made any witty quotes, other than "Even paranoids have enemies", and that did not really fit the discussion.

I prefer :
" Its not because i am paranoid they dont exist and dont whant kill me" ...

Teilk said:
I understand that there are a great number of more intellectually stimulating people to quote, but in keeping with the spirit of the thread, and the spirit of my position on the subject, I decided that it would be better to quote those who aspired to take over the world.

The only person who didn't go to war of the two I quoted was the Pope. lol.

Sidney said:
let me try to explain :laugh: :laugh:
a human is nothing more than a animal rase.
animals have instinct's to get terrain and rule over other's
it's only that human's think that they stand above animal's because we build things and other animals ain't.

a instinct wall allway's stay so tehre will allway's be the urge to kill and get terrain.

Funny you mention this before thinking it trou.
A animal only kill's for a reason, might that be survival or food.
But it wont kill for joy.
The human on the otherside can in all his inteligence kill for absolut no reason.
And for gain or holding terain, a animal fights and usualy dont kill.
Nature hase the perfect ability to keep a balance.
Mankind hase the perfect ability to disturb that balance.

And before some one starts about that he knows of animal who kill for no reason..like dog's.
Well look abit further and you see that mankind is involved in such cases.
Like breething the dog or disturb natural balance in a other way.

Sidney said:
i'm no differant accept that i don't make war ........ i just walk up to the other put my gun up against his head and the the all so famous line.

all your bases are belong to us :laugh:

And that is how a war starts.

My 2 pecos

Atlan Leticron said:
Funny you mention this before thinking it trou.
A animal only kill's for a reason, might that be survival or food.
But it wont kill for joy.
The human on the otherside can in all his inteligence kill for absolut no reason.
And for gain or holding terain, a animal fights and usualy dont kill.
Nature hase the perfect ability to keep a balance.
Mankind hase the perfect ability to disturb that balance.

And before some one starts about that he knows of animal who kill for no reason..like dog's.
Well look abit further and you see that mankind is involved in such cases.
Like breething the dog or disturb natural balance in a other way.

And that is how a war starts.

My 2 pecos

owke your right in some points.
but tell me why do animals fight over who get the girl animal and why do they beaken their territory and fight (even to death) if a other is tress pasing ?

and about the last line .......... don't be so serious.
go look up the internet what you can find about the line :

.....all your bases are belong to us.....

losen up and relax :silly2: :silly2:

Well, it seems that a number of people here do not want us to play the game as it was intended to be played. If it bothers you guys that much, are you sure you are playing the right game?

I dont care if it is a new player or old. A "Player Versus Player" area, (amazingly enough), was designed for players do battle in. If one does not want battle, I would suggest that they stay in an area (the overwhelming majority of the maps) that is not intended for such. Please do not try to force your "vision" (for lack of a better word) for the game on the rest of us. There is a very small percentage of the map that allows those players that wish to do battle with any other player the right and ability to do so. Is the rest of the map not enough for the pacifistic people playing?

Teilk said:

I R IMMORTAL!

now come get me ;)

And oh ontopic: Go awei all suggesting that "people be nice" to nubs in pvpland... If you cant take being nailed (like the rest of us did repeatedly lol) then stay teh feck outta pvp ;) This is one of the "feed teh troll some nice cookies" subjects that show up all of the time... And yes i responded cant help it even if i rarely pk ;)

Matromony said:
I was running around tryin to earn some PED in my first week of playing and my friend tells me of this oil rig... im thinking to myself... how could i go wrong with this.. i put on my pixie and orange suit and head off east from twin peaks... this jog takes me 20 minutes alone because im sure to die to every flippin mob i see.... anyways i get there.. and im like.. wheres all the oil? and i just hear 1 shot and my health turns red... Does it give satisfaction to people to kill someon e just so they have to make another 10 minute run out there... just to prove how greater then you they are?

Yes.

Why should you get free oil when everyone else deposits and contributes to the economy, instead of draining it? I don't feel bad for anyone I kill at the oil rig.

Q: why do people kill noobs
A: because they cant kill ubers :handgun:

Deathlok said:

I think of all responses so far, I like this one the most. It's simple, to the point, and just plain honest.

Deathlok said:

Spot on!

Teilk's point about PvP being a battle arena is also correct. However, a battle assumes some capacity to respond. Shooting an unarmed, unarmoured person is not battle, it's murder. Which is not to say people shouldn't do it. They should just be aware of what it is they are actually doing.

When your PK HoF kicks in, and more than 80% of the victims had no way to retaliate, consider how much you devalue that achievement for those who do battle with opponents who can return fire.

I have been someone's "No 8" kill, after my mate was "No 7". When I saw that player HoF as I ran back to the rig, I decided that it was in fact a Hall of Shame, for the most part, and much of my anger dissipated.

Respect to those who do battle with worthy opponents. For the rest - :censored: :cussing: (Because it's rude to swear, you know:rolleyes: ).

Now it seems that we are back to speaking of "honorable kills". If someone is not a "worthy opponent", (as shadowsong called it), does that mean that we should allow them to come to the rig that we have spent so much money defending? Let them take the oil? Piss off. If someone steps into a ring in town, and are unarmed, does that mean that they should be allowed in the ring unmolested? Think of PvP areas as one large ring, where long range weapons can actually be used effectively against others.

I have stated several times in previous threads "this is not a charity". The fact that soooo many people have posted to the effect that we somehow "owe" the less skilled less armed a free ride upsets me. I EARNED my skills, and if I decide to take oil, I have to EARN that too. I dont believe in charity.

There is an old saying in my country:
If you cant stand the heat, then stay the hell out of the kitchen!

So Funny

Shadowsong it aint murder its a bloody game for gods sake,and i do beleve i was the player you were refering to,your problem is you take it very personely,lol ial pk you everytime i see you from now on,its jus a bit off fun and the peeps who pk have earned that right in my humble opinion,the Rigg is a great place to hang out,when i first started goin there i was pk a million times,but i kept goin back for more and now iam a half decent player i dnt get too much agro,i just love the Rigg and iam a regular visitor.iam not gona get all upset if i get pkerd so what its a laff and a giggle,noobs stop whinging,no one ever said that life is fair lol.and i bet when the noobs are decent players with hard earned skills they will pk a few peeps themselves,there only trying to come across as all noble and stuff cos at the mo cos they cant do jack bout it lol.Cheers Swazer :) :) :)

If people didn't waste each other a the rig then imagine what would happen?

Yes that is right, there would be a million people there at all times, noone would get any oil. Every single leech player that doesn't want to pay to play would just stand there auto-clicking at all times.

Stuff that :tongue2: let the maiming continue ;)

swazer said:
Shadowsong it aint murder its a bloody game for gods sake,and i do beleve i was the player you were refering to,your problem is you take it very personely,lol ial pk you everytime i see you from now on,its jus a bit off fun and the peeps who pk have earned that right in my humble opinion,the Rigg is a great place to hang out,when i first started goin there i was pk a million times,but i kept goin back for more and now iam a half decent player i dnt get too much agro,i just love the Rigg and iam a regular visitor.iam not gona get all upset if i get pkerd so what its a laff and a giggle,noobs stop whinging,no one ever said that life is fair lol.and i bet when the noobs are decent players with hard earned skills they will pk a few peeps themselves,there only trying to come across as all noble and stuff cos at the mo cos they cant do jack bout it lol.Cheers Swazer :) :) :)

Lol, swazer, in fact you are one of the people I don't mind taking a hit from, because generally it's fairly clear that there is no personal slant to the action, and you dish out the same treatment all around - no problem there. Hell, you were one of the noob-protectors on Skalman's noob night!

I was simply trying to raise a point about the difference between combat, and what often is called combat in the PvP areas.

I also did not suggest that anyone should stop doing it, or provide anyone with a "free ride". I understand that anyone who has cleared the rig has invested significant resources to do so, and has all the power to decide the rules of engagement - no problem there either.

The fact is, some people do make it personal, and then hide behind the "pvp is battle" argument. I have been killed by almost everyone I've encountered at the rig, and more often than not, they're happy to shoot you once or twice, then leave you be.

I am also amazed at how the "it is not a game" advocates also respond with "it's only a game, ffs". When the issue is about whether a noob wants oil, "it's not a game, real money is at stake", but when anyone raises a query about being killed repeatedly, despite posing no threat, "it is only a game, lighten up".

If you feel any of my statements were aimed at any specific person, I apologise, because that was not my intent. I have met many reasonable players at the rig, and also many totally unreasonable people too. I agree that the rig is a great place to hang out, and I have witnessed some very entertaining encounters. I hope you will revise your promise to kill me every time you see me, because that would most certainly "negatively affect my experience", and could be construed as very personal.

Shadowsong said:
Spot on!

Teilk's point about PvP being a battle arena is also correct. However, a battle assumes some capacity to respond. Shooting an unarmed, unarmoured person is not battle, it's murder. Which is not to say people shouldn't do it. They should just be aware of what it is they are actually doing.

When your PK HoF kicks in, and more than 80% of the victims had no way to retaliate, consider how much you devalue that achievement for those who do battle with opponents who can return fire.

I have been someone's "No 8" kill, after my mate was "No 7". When I saw that player HoF as I ran back to the rig, I decided that it was in fact a Hall of Shame, for the most part, and much of my anger dissipated.

Respect to those who do battle with worthy opponents. For the rest - :censored: :cussing: (Because it's rude to swear, you know:rolleyes: ).

Then call me a murderer. Nothing personal against you, I usually try to kill most people at the rig if they aren't someone I know. I killed you a few times the other day but I didn't make it anything personal, aside from my trademark "skeet skeet" I give to all my corpses. You pretty much have only TWO solutions to this problem:

Deposit, buy PK gear and practice your PKing skills.

-or-

Don't bother going to the rig.

*skeet skeet*

acaffrey said:
If people didn't waste each other a the rig then imagine what would happen?

Yes that is right, there would be a million people there at all times, noone would get any oil. Every single leech player that doesn't want to pay to play would just stand there auto-clicking at all times.

Stuff that :tongue2: let the maiming continue ;)

This stance is also interesting - when it is a noob in OJ, he/she is a leech player, but when it's an avatar wearing mega-armour, they've earned the right.

Why is there the assumption that anyone wearing OJ is someone who doesn't deposit, or is using an auto-clicker? And why does someone who "pays to play" need the oil anyway?

There are many reasons for wanting to pick up free oil at the rig, and there are many of us who are happy just to get there and stand on the walls watching the show. It is a strange world that has free food, but only the well-fed have the right to take it.

So, now I must run in for my daily dose of death... see ya all in it :laugh:

First off, there are no "rules of engagement" in pvp. Second, even if it IS personal, so what? Lets say you go to the rig and I pk you. Then you come back again... I pk you again. Then you come again.. same thing.. then I say "damn, you arent very bright". Then you come back again. I laugh heartily and say "its you again!?" then pk you. Then I decide to meet you 1/2 way and save you some running time and pk you again. At that point it has become personal, as I have sought you out and killed you. Does this matter? Does it change the fact that PvP is exactly that? Does it make you any more special than anyone else that takes the risk of entering a PvP area? Does it entitle you to pass through unhindered? Does it detract enough from your "enjoyment" of PE/EU to make a bit of difference to anyone else?

Now that I think about it, why dont we test that theory. Use me as your scapegoat.. If I have not yet pk'd you more than a few times in a row, lets assume I will. File a support case that says that every time you enter the oilrig pvp area, I kill you, and am therefore "negatively affecting your playing experience". See what you get as a response.

Stop

I cant belive this topic has been going on for more than a week !

:laugh:

Metatron said:
Then call me a murderer. Nothing personal against you, I usually try to kill most people at the rig if they aren't someone I know. I killed you a few times the other day but I didn't make it anything personal, aside from my trademark "skeet skeet" I give to all my corpses. You pretty much have only TWO solutions to this problem:

Deposit, buy PK gear and practice your PKing skills.

-or-

Don't bother going to the rig.

*skeet skeet*

Mate, to be honest, I don't even recall being shot by you, there have been so many.:laugh:

You are forgetting my third option - continue to run in and die, until that glorious moment of clarity where there are no PK'ers, and a thin channel through the trox which allows me to run in and grab an unattended barrel. Man, it feels great!!

Besides, I am skilling PK - I've got the dying part down pat, am gaining dodge and evade every run, and in about a decade, will have accumulated enough oil to afford some retaliatory measures. How much or how often I deposit is my business, and how I choose to increase my wealth in the game is my decision, as is everyone else's.

Shadowsong said:
This stance is also interesting - when it is a noob in OJ, he/she is a leech player, but when it's an avatar wearing mega-armour, they've earned the right.

Why is there the assumption that anyone wearing OJ is someone who doesn't deposit, or is using an auto-clicker? And why does someone who "pays to play" need the oil anyway?

There are many reasons for wanting to pick up free oil at the rig, and there are many of us who are happy just to get there and stand on the walls watching the show. It is a strange world that has free food, but only the well-fed have the right to take it.

So, now I must run in for my daily dose of death... see ya all in it :laugh:

People who deposit are boosting the EU economy, and those who refuse to deposit are just looking to detract from it. PKers spend ammo killing people without making any back, and any oil they get at all helps to break even a little or lessen the dent PKing puts in their ammo stack. If you want something free, meet at the rig later and I'll give you some free BLP ammo. Bullet...by bullet...by bullet.

*skeet skeet*

Back