FeanD Alpha for 10k PED anyone?

Violet

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Violet Vi Neomir
ok im really wondering whats going on in the picture below. :confused: :confused:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

First i thought money transfer, but why would someone not transer without buyout. The i recognised the name Sebastian CronZero Exargo as someone who bought a MakeClothes chip i was following only to put it straight back on auction for more than he bought it. Whether you are for or against reselling is not the issue here, but im now thinking something fishy might be going on, but i still cant decide what :confused:

Surely he doesnt think that by bidding 10k on one of these guns that its going to manipulate the market? They are such a common drop from argonauts it would never happen. Which now leads me to believe he was either seriously drunk or drugged. Anyway interested in comments from the wise ppl of EF :)

btw MB or mods feel free to move this as i wasnt sure if it should go in items or economy so i put in here :)

nobody's sick enough to do this. think its a mistake.

People can be so dumb sometimes (including myself)... Some prices in Entropia are starting to make me sick...

Must be a mistake or he thinks he can manipulate the prices enough to make it change...

The only way I can imagine it happening is like this ....

Guy wants to bid +1. Drags ped card. Accidentally hits one of the bid raising arrows on the left and not noticing, hits accept. As I see it, when he must have hit that bid increase arrow, system made bid=total amount of PED on card ...

Market manipulation I guess can be left out of this as that's an awfull chunk of PED to ..umm... play with, especially on that handgun ;)

oops, thought the guy was selling for 10K :p

bah MA should lock those guys.

Last edited:
Idiots - that's what I attribute it to... A huge proliferation of idiots, doing what they do best; idiocy :D

Well, I suppose somebody's got to take over from the Morons while they have a few days break ;)

yea i saw it too - prolly not a transfer. i think it is manipulation tho. if many of these guns have been sold on auction before (even if its just for +1), sites like peauction will average out the sales, so i recon after this thing sells, the peauction or the wiki charts markup on this gun will go up slightly...

Sharyn said:
Guy wants to bid +1. Drags ped card. Accidentally hits one of the bid raising arrows on the left and not noticing, hits accept. As I see it, when he must have hit that bid increase arrow, system made bid=total amount of PED on card ...
I though this too for a while, but starting bid was 28 ped, so if he bid 10028 then you could understand it was a horrible error, but to bid 10164 really does not make sense.

I think im going to go with Noggin on this one, idiocy can be the only answer.

Just incase any idiots are reading this, i will have several crap pistols for sale going for a snip at 7k each, and if you can prove your a moron i will discount and you can pay me 9k instead ok ?

(btw last paragraph was a joke before someone misreads and thinks im serious)

Violet said:
I though this too for a while, but starting bid was 28 ped, so if he bid 10028 then you could understand it was a horrible error, but to bid 10164 really does not make sense.

If you click an auction ped arrow to the left of the leading digit value on your ped card, your entire balance is automatically entered as the bid. This is my only guess, it was a mistake, too bad the seller didnt have a buyout :(

Reactions: Sal
Got to be someone trying to raise the ave. on these weapons , or just stupid.

I wish someone would make a mistake like this on one of my auction items. ;)

here's a possibility.
It is a PED transfer
but...
they guy is just hoping anyone will outbid him, lol

kinda insane that a person would do it, but can't stop him from hoping.

I've got one in my shop at tt+1. I think I need to run back there and adjust the price. :cool:

Crap! I just tt'd 2. That's 20k down the drain! Can I file a support case and get them back?

-

For a ped transfer you would use something low valued, most preferable a decoy.

Since ive never seen one of these names before, i consider them beginner/nub. And no nub is that stupid to bid 10k for a FreanDA accidently.

My guess is manupilation of marketprices also, check auction sites after this auction ended and avg price for FreanDA will not be tt-food, but rather tt+30 or so. Seller and Bidder are most likely same person, which got a bunch of that pistols laying in storage and things hes uberclever now cause he raises price of that tt stuff a bit :rolleyes:

This is how selfish and greedy reselling starts.

couldnt really be an average price upping i think as if i recall correct, auction sites exclude to high differences from the averagin list

All u have to do it is to see if either of those 2 avatars are starting to sell the pistol at a much higher price. If so they both were in on it. Im sure they have a supply of them that they made & maybe bought earlier in the week on the auction to raise the price of it.

I would say it was a ped transfer, but for the fact that it's an auction that's at least 4 days long. If you wanted to transfer peds between family members (for example) would your wife want to wait 4 days to get the money? I would ecpect a transfer to be done with a buy-out, so it's instant.

Attempting to manipulate the market price? Possible.

An error, by a re-seller, that is going to make one person very happy? Lets hope so. :laugh:

Maybe it's someone trying to launder money?

AKA..Perhaps a scammer that has the need to sift the ill gotten gains they have aquired through multiple avatars to make it harder to trace and get caught?

Good News

I know half of the info on this crazy auction. I'm the seller. I don't know the buyer, but I think I like him. I got an email from one of my soc mates with a screenie, I thot he was yankin' my chain. After work I logged in and I was pleasantly surprised he wasn't.

So... now you all have a little more info on this and can figure out what may have happened.

1. Not a PED transfer
2. Not the same person
3. I don't have a bunch of pistols
4. I'll finally be able to afford whatever it was that I wanted to buy but couldn't justify (afford) it. :)

What's interesting is you have only one post, this one.

Shocky said:
What's interesting is you have only one post, this one.

I can vouch for xpun8 / xy - they are one and the same - xy has been a member of the CoA since last year and is known as being honest and genuine.

Now to the auction...

The buyer is either barking mad, shit-faced drunk, or the victim of some sort of avatar misuse.

What, I dont know.

But what I can tell you, is that xy has no idea who the bidder is - his surprise at this situation is genuine.

Question is.. :umn: if he comes looking for his peds do you give it back?
You probably should.. but then again it's his mistake so.. :nana:

If not then stick this in the uber-loots section! :D

VV

Hello :D
Let me say something about it.
I have log in yesterday and what i see? All my money on this auction.
I do not know what happen. I diddnt place that bid.
Why should i buy pistol worth TT+1 for TT+10k lol
I was hacked and this is some kind of stupid joke i think.
I wrote to support about it. I think they will give me back my money if seller do not whant.

Vince Vaughn said:
Question is.. :umn: if he comes looking for his peds do you give it back?
You probably should.. but then again it's his mistake so.. :nana:

If not then stick this in the uber-loots section! :D

VV

We dont know for 100% that its his mistake - for all we know his 6yr old jumped on his machine, started hitting buttons, and...

We just dont know for certain.

CronZero said:
Hello :D
Let me say something about it.
I have log in yesterday and what i see? All my money on this auction.
I do not know what happen. I diddnt place that bid.
Why should i buy pistol worth TT+1 for TT+10k lol
I was hacked and this is some kind of stupid joke i think.
I wrote to support about it. I think they will give me back my money if seller do not whant.

A post here does not mean u are the genuine bidder.

If you are then you can either arrange to meet the seller (note he is west coast USA) or myself (I am UK - and will be in game at 1700 MA time tonight) ingame to sort this mess.

thanks

I am that person if you dont belive me i can meet you in game to proof that
I would likt to solve this problem too

CronZero said:
I am that person if you dont belive me i can meet you in game to proof that
I would likt to solve this problem too

PM sent re meeting.

Hmm Support will tell you something like

You full responsible to protect your Account and prevent others from using it. Please consider to get a Gold Card. All trades are final, we so sorry but we can't help you.

Your only hope is that the seller give you the monney back but he is not in charge to do it and its not his fault. And i have never more than 1k ped on my card because i have seen too mutch wired Auction biddings and wont become a victim myself :)

I would feel really sick when i paid 1000 usd for a gun worth 10 cent :/

Back