"Exotic" Weapons and Hunting

Dustmop

Provider
Society
Magma Engineering
Dustmop, Dusty
Back when I started really playing the game in Gold, I saw my first plasma weapon and knew I had to have one. I crafted the P-1 and have been facinated by them ever since. I planned to expand my collection of plasma weapons and drooled over someday owning a cannon, now days guass weapons are on the dream list.

Strangly even with my love for plasma weapons, I have rarely taken my collection out to hunt with. So the question is, does anybody use their plasma pistols as their main weapon on a hunt? If so how well did it work. Recently I took my zwei out and tried to hunt with it. The gun preformed better then I expected, but the loot in general was terrible which killed the run. I have also tried the new Heat Ray B and made profite on the hunt. I'm very intersted in hearing your plasma stories, and if there are any cannon or shotgun holders out their who tried to hunt do tell.

A bit off topic but realating to weapons. Here are some very old shots I would like to share. (I do not remember the exact date, sometime before the graphics overhaul)

Here we have the old style plasma pistol. Notice how it is colored, red and white. Also notice the very cool shot effect and animation. (and no it is not photoshoped, things really looked that good back then)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Now here is the new style. Look at how crappy it looks, especially the firing effect.

Here is the old style rifle. (wish i had a better angle)

And finally we have a shot of how weapons used to look like when fired. Notice the rich red color of the beam and the plume radiating out from the barrel.

Seeing these shots of old stuff really raises the question as to why they downgraded the graphics of how weapons look and their firing effects. Today the firing effects look like crap and don't look like the shots are in line with the muzzle.

Dustmop said:
Seeing these shots of old stuff really raises the question as to why they downgraded the graphics of how weapons look and their firing effects. Today the firing effects look like crap and don't look like the shots are in line with the muzzle.

I know, and I'll be honest here. I'm getting a small tingle in my stomach seeing the looks of the old plasma hangun again. The rifles look so much cooler as well, in fact all weapons used to look a look better then they do now. I hate Mindark for changing the looks. Come on, you can't honestly say the V1 looks cool these days, extreme, heavy and fit-for-a-tank yes, but not cool. :(

If you make a petitition to change the looks back to what they used to be like I'll gladly sign it :rolleyes:

+rep for a great post :)

an yes frm seeig the picture of the woman in the eu website holding the great looking pistol :eek:

really made me want to play this game and then these very bad looking guns
that looks as if theyre made of plastic imo :rolleyes:

i honestly cudnt care less about the beam (although it does look cool)
but id like to carry a gun around that looks like metal :)

id like marco to post here on his thoughts :D but id also like 20million$ ;)

some cool pics there.

as for hunting with plasma...i tried the willard B too but didnt really like it. the slow reload is not comfortable, when you get a crit and should switch to fap, but have to wait 3 seconds till your gun is reloaded :) well, on mobs that are no big danger its quite okay, actually i liked the different sound (used to hear only laser shots last weeks) and the impact animation when you hit a mob.

so..to sum it up...plasma for me is to have a little variation in the game and to skill some plasma tech, but to slow to use it as main weapon.

I really like plasma handguns as well, but it's a bit difficult with the slow reload and such... And I usually don't get great loot either, also cause my skills aren't that good I guess... :p
The Heatray B is really cool, but also pretty weak... :/
Since i'm only 'Great' Plasma pistoleer I still got to get more skills to hunt with my P3... ;P

Been using a Bravo for my only rifle for the last 7 months. Used it as a long-range, as a pistol too (NO decrease in hits/damage btw).... if this was Halo I'd be rifle-butting the mobs when I ran out of ammo as well:) The loot? Just like everyone else...... but every deposit lasts a little longer than the one before.
Plasma rules, just waiting for a big platinum drop to get me a True Faith made up, as I see that as an "Old Faithfull" to replace my long-gone Campbell Welch (which was my first ever gun, but soon revealed itself as little more than a Sabakuma-Stopper)

btw SHOTGUN? where are these kept? I want one! (any chance of a Brute Shot too? :laugh: )

Hurrikane said:
Been using a Bravo for my only rifle for the last 7 months. Used it as a long-range, as a pistol too (NO decrease in hits/damage btw).... if this was Halo I'd be rifle-butting the mobs when I ran out of ammo as well:) The loot? Just like everyone else...... but every deposit lasts a little longer than the one before.
Plasma rules, just waiting for a big platinum drop to get me a True Faith made up, as I see that as an "Old Faithfull" to replace my long-gone Campbell Welch (which was my first ever gun, but soon revealed itself as little more than a Sabakuma-Stopper)

btw SHOTGUN? where are these kept? I want one! (any chance of a Brute Shot too? :laugh: )

True faith is a laser handgun :confused:

Oh, and here..
http://pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=232

There's your shotgun :cool:

Konve said:
True faith is a laser handgun :confused:

Oh, and here..
http://pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=232

There's your shotgun :cool:

hmmmm.... you know that feeling when you realise you've made an uninformed statement? I musta remembered it wrong, but I always thought the True Faith was a plasma pistol.... oops. Was I thinking about the Shriek Covert Ops? May well have been..... (that probably fires custard..... bugger it, I'll shut up:))

Hurrikane said:
hmmmm.... you know that feeling when you realise you've made an uninformed statement? I musta remembered it wrong, but I always thought the True Faith was a plasma pistol.... oops. Was I thinking about the Shriek Covert Ops? May well have been..... (that probably fires custard..... bugger it, I'll shut up:))
Maybe the Jimman Suite you are thinking of?
http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=155

I own a True Faith and it's not a plasma pistol, it's a laser one. ^^

actually looks liek theys till downgrade item's texture's. look what i found a few days ago [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

it's back to norm today tho :laugh:

I have a C&W p/3 on long term loan from a soc mate. it seems to be a nice plasma pistol to hunt the lower level mobs.
I think the jimman suite would be a fun hunting pistol too.

Most plasma the reload is too long for the bigger mobs but they work ok for the smaller easier ones.
I probrably would have exclusive plasma hunts if i had a jimman suite and a foxtrot me.
I would hunt with a shotgun when i eventually get me a swine deluxe.

Everything looked better before IMO. Ranging from weapons to amps and clothing.. Even your ghost looked better before. It was lower resolution, but felt more "right".. Like the corpse with personalized look.
Browse through the pics ive uploaded and youll find quite a few nice old ones in there...

Pics ive uploaded

Plasma

To this day I still use a Marber Bravo for armax, and a Plasma Killer Zwei for short range. I love plasma, but if I use it I usually bring a slash weapon with me as well... Slow reloads. What did happen to the plasma look? I used to refer to it as 'riding the white lightning', but now I can't seem to see much of anything.. Bummer.

-DB

Back