My guide so far, seeking feedback

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
after i published it here already,
here the link to my guide,
it is mainly written for disciples, but i would like to hear some feedback, about writing mistakes, absolut idiotical info (hopefully not much) etc. etc.
i try to keep it updated usually
if possible, no flaming (it's hot enough here :cool: )
link

Last edited:
Well first up you get a big +rep from me for this!

There is alot of work gone into writing this and although I havn't read it all yet just the fact that you have gone to all this trouble deserves the rep.

As I said I havn't read it all yet, but I do plan to and give you some feedback section by section as I go through.

Upto now I have read just the 1st section so here are some comments and constructive critisisms I hope will be useful.

First Thoughts:

Very professional looking, but a little daunting at 71 page. My first though was that this is the start of a comprehensive user manual!

Title: perhaps include the VU number when the guide was last updated.

Section 1:

If you want to make this into a more general handbook, not just something for your disciples but something for all new players, then I suggest a bit of a re-write on this section to contain information about mentoring in general rarther than just your mentoring.

I would specifically add information on ways to find mentors, skill limits on adding disciples and kicking mentors etc.

I think it is very important that something like this stays as the first section, it is important that new players know early about the mentor system. Some may read the first few pages, then go play a bit, and by the time they get to mentoring section they could be passed the level where they can be added.

Perhaps shift the links to an appendix, with an expanded explanation of what each site is, then refer to the appendix both at this point and later in the guide. You could also include some other sites eg pe-directory, the eu site itself and the MA site (I'm sure others will suggest some more!).

Some notes on grammar:

There are a number of grammatical mistakes (although it is perfectly understandable), a couple of examples: 'ill' should be I'll (I will), and the last two sentences in 'What do I offer' section are a little difficult to follow as they stand. It is perfectly correct in English to use the personal pronoun 'he' when the gender of the subject is unknown or unspecified, I personally don't like 'he/she' or '(s)he' but understand that some people feel using just 'he' is introducing sexual bias, I would suggest, instead, using the phrase 'he, or she,' if you are not comfortable using just 'he'.

Finally, you use the abbreviation tt without explaining it, I find it is a good idea to use the full name of something followed by the abbreviation the first time, so 'trade terminal (tt)' and 'teleporter (TP)' after which you can use the abbreviation.

This is not an exhaustive list, if you want I am happy to read through and suggest further corrections as needed.

General comments:

If the rest of your guide is as good as this then I will suggest it to any new players I find. A truely excellent resource.

Squiglet said:
Well first up you get a big +rep from me for this!

There is alot of work gone into writing this and although I havn't read it all yet just the fact that you have gone to all this trouble deserves the rep.

As I said I havn't read it all yet, but I do plan to and give you some feedback section by section as I go through.

Upto now I have read just the 1st section so here are some comments and constructive critisisms I hope will be useful.

First Thoughts:

Very professional looking, but a little daunting at 71 page. My first though was that this is the start of a comprehensive user manual!

Title: perhaps include the VU number when the guide was last updated.

Section 1:

If you want to make this into a more general handbook, not just something for your disciples but something for all new players, then I suggest a bit of a re-write on this section to contain information about mentoring in general rarther than just your mentoring.

I would specifically add information on ways to find mentors, skill limits on adding disciples and kicking mentors etc.

I think it is very important that something like this stays as the first section, it is important that new players know early about the mentor system. Some may read the first few pages, then go play a bit, and by the time they get to mentoring section they could be passed the level where they can be added.

Perhaps shift the links to an appendix, with an expanded explanation of what each site is, then refer to the appendix both at this point and later in the guide. You could also include some other sites eg pe-directory, the eu site itself and the MA site (I'm sure others will suggest some more!).

Some notes on grammar:

There are a number of grammatical mistakes (although it is perfectly understandable), a couple of examples: 'ill' should be I'll (I will), and the last two sentences in 'What do I offer' section are a little difficult to follow as they stand. It is perfectly correct in English to use the personal pronoun 'he' when the gender of the subject is unknown or unspecified, I personally don't like 'he/she' or '(s)he' but understand that some people feel using just 'he' is introducing sexual bias, I would suggest, instead, using the phrase 'he, or she,' if you are not comfortable using just 'he'.

Finally, you use the abbreviation tt without explaining it, I find it is a good idea to use the full name of something followed by the abbreviation the first time, so 'trade terminal (tt)' and 'teleporter (TP)' after which you can use the abbreviation.

This is not an exhaustive list, if you want I am happy to read through and suggest further corrections as needed.

General comments:

If the rest of your guide is as good as this then I will suggest it to any new players I find. A truely excellent resource.
thank you, for the suggestions :D
changed section 1 a bit, and the page of the non depositer part
more websites will be added, i just added those i use(d) mainly

I made a fast look on your guide. I found it full of usefull stuff. Very well writen. One thing to think about is not to state prices of thing in it since this is changing over time. I know i's sometimes hard not to do so.

Well, thats so comprehensive and informative....I wonder why MA doesn't make such a guide.

That aside, it's late here and I only scanned most of it.

Two things I noticed:

1. You state clothing does not decay.

I might be mistaken, but I've always thought it does, just very slowly. Eventually you will revert back to the jumpsuit (could be bug & my lack of attention)

2. You state that a critical hit from a mob incurs some armor decay.

This could be a misunderstanding on my interpretation of what you wrote. However, MA has stated that critical hits from mobs skip over armor entirely, causing no decay buy giving you max damage. (MA often lies, tho)

Thats all I can notice, for now. It's a very impressive guide, which I will direct newcomers to read, if they can.

My Secret is out

Ahhhh now you all know my secret. Alice was my mentor, and because of time differences, her guide was my constant companion. Those of you that read it as noob, will no doubt benefit the same as I have, and have a thorough understanding of the EU environment, before even sweating your first mob.

Again my congrats to you Alice for taking the time to give something back to this community.

Your servant Always..

Last edited:
wow that guide looks scary to a new player, but very informational, gratz and + rep for it, u should get it as sticky in the guides section or something

thx all so far for the replies
Nirfu said:
I made a fast look on your guide. I found it full of usefull stuff. Very well writen. One thing to think about is not to state prices of thing in it since this is changing over time. I know i's sometimes hard not to do so.
will most likely be changed then
Amanita said:
Well, thats so comprehensive and informative....I wonder why MA doesn't make such a guide.
That aside, it's late here and I only scanned most of it.
Two things I noticed:
1. You state clothing does not decay.
I might be mistaken, but I've always thought it does, just very slowly. Eventually you will revert back to the jumpsuit (could be bug & my lack of attention)
2. You state that a critical hit from a mob incurs some armor decay.
This could be a misunderstanding on my interpretation of what you wrote. However, MA has stated that critical hits from mobs skip over armor entirely, causing no decay buy giving you max damage. (MA often lies, tho)
Thats all I can notice, for now. It's a very impressive guide, which I will direct newcomers to read, if they can.
i will inform me about nr1, and especially 2
for now i just read that clothes decay with bleaching, maybe evel coloring, but decay over time would be new for me
i'll take a closer look at my boots and hat now :D

Nice work Alice was thinking of doing the same thing but you beat me to it :( . Probably wouldn't have had the time anyway, so when I get to mentoring, I'll be directing my disciples to that doccy.

Once again great work, and you got another +rep for it :D

Sections 2&3

ok, as promised some more feed back for sections 2&3:

2: Good section, very useful for guiding the reader. My only comment is that the buy/don't buy lists seem a little out of place there, perhaps they should be at the start of each of the professional sections.

(Also I personally think you do the Mann MPH a bit of a disservice, I think it is a very good and fun gun that is much better than a m2100 for an exprienced player, but it is indeed no good for the newbie.)

3: Again a very important section to have near the beginning.

You talk about using '3' to autorun in the text but don't mention 'r' and then go on to talk about moving autorun to '1', which is a non-trivial operation with the new UI. Perhaps it would be better to leave all mention of changing the keys untill your next section where the UI is discussed in more detail.

It would be useful, I think, to include in your 'hot-key list' the default action keys for a new player (3 = autorun etc). Although I don't know what those default actions are now.

The only other missing control that is important for a newbie is 'follow mode' by right clicking another player.

Clothe do not decay in time.
Clothe do not decay wile coloring.
Clothe do decay wile bleaching ( 1 pec this day , but it might change).

very nice guide, to bad you wasn't my mentor, instead of that lazy ass mentor i had that only wanted a gift :)

Verry nice guide didn't pay attention to spelling errors :D

+REP

Great done! People like you make this game one of the abslute best on net (havent tried any other game) ;)! +rep!

Very nice ! Thank you so much for this. Realy helpful. I'll recommend this to my disciple (thank you for helping me in that way ;) ).

+rep

Well Alice, What can I say!

Obviouslty took you some time to do and looks really usefull (I even learned something I didnt know (radar ranges in km's))

going to give it a real good read later today but Im very impressed. Some well deserved +rep on its way.

:thumbup:

Nice one Alice, haven't read every word but looks good to me :)

woah! this is good! nice one i could never get to it before but now i have. :D nice

thx all (i want a blush smilie), for the reading all those pages, the comments the nice words and the +rep,
Squiglet said:
ok, as promised some more feed back for sections 2&3:

2: Good section, very useful for guiding the reader. My only comment is that the buy/don't buy lists seem a little out of place there, perhaps they should be at the start of each of the professional sections.

(Also I personally think you do the Mann MPH a bit of a disservice, I think it is a very good and fun gun that is much better than a m2100 for an exprienced player, but it is indeed no good for the newbie.)

3: Again a very important section to have near the beginning.

You talk about using '3' to autorun in the text but don't mention 'r' and then go on to talk about moving autorun to '1', which is a non-trivial operation with the new UI. Perhaps it would be better to leave all mention of changing the keys untill your next section where the UI is discussed in more detail.

It would be useful, I think, to include in your 'hot-key list' the default action keys for a new player (3 = autorun etc). Although I don't know what those default actions are now.

The only other missing control that is important for a newbie is 'follow mode' by right clicking another player.
i mainly have the list in the beginning, because some people don't read the profession sections, and i really can't stand settler armor, i started to hate it, the Jester and Man mph are often sold at market places, and i want to prevent ppl from buying those too, especially newcomers,
maybe i just need another headline, but the main intention was to prevent ppl buying settler armor and jester :D so i would like to have it quite at the beginning
i will have a closer look at the hotkeys again, especially those at the beginning, i just suggest to change especially autorun because i started with autorun at "3", and unequip tool is a must have, you simply blast a lot of cash away if you don't use it, and atm i have this at "1", maybe i need a new quickbar pic
later i placed my opalo there, guess you can imagine how often i shot when i wanted to run, so it should rather be changed in the beginning, and rather "r" should be used anyway, to keep "1-ß" free
i never really used follow mode, so i forgot it :rolleyes:
will be mentioned
ill read the whole thing again and see what has to be changed
Etopia said:
Clothe do not decay in time.
Clothe do not decay wile coloring.
Clothe do decay wile bleaching ( 1 pec this day , but it might change).
so my info were right, thx
Sonya Heart said:
Obviouslty took you some time to do and looks really usefull (I even learned something I didnt know (radar ranges in km's))
i just hope they are correct, im melee :rolleyes: , just read about it and saw a pic once, but ill take a closer look again

wow, massive +rep for this alice, your disciples are indeed lucky to have you :)

keyboard

Yes, 'R' is the default for autorun. It is a good place because it is right next to all the other movement keys (jump, walk, straife, stop, etc.). The one key I would like to move or re-move is the F for hall of fame. Many times I have inadvertantly caused a big useless window to blap right up in my face while trying to run away from a mob or something. Fortunately, I know what causes it now.

I figured out how to drag my Opalo to the Ctrl key, but attempting to just drag the HOF off of the F key did not seem to work. That's seriously messed up if it is not possible to move all the defaults. By the way, I have experienced a bug early on. I got my action bars messed up and tried hitting the reset to default button, but nothing happened. Oh well, I guess it is worth figuring out how to customize everything anyway.

Roman Reed said:
Yes, 'R' is the default for autorun. It is a good place because it is right next to all the other movement keys (jump, walk, straife, stop, etc.). The one key I would like to move or re-move is the F for hall of fame. Many times I have inadvertantly caused a big useless window to blap right up in my face while trying to run away from a mob or something. Fortunately, I know what causes it now.
I figured out how to drag my Opalo to the Ctrl key, but attempting to just drag the HOF off of the F key did not seem to work. That's seriously messed up if it is not possible to move all the defaults. By the way, I have experienced a bug early on. I got my action bars messed up and tried hitting the reset to default button, but nothing happened. Oh well, I guess it is worth figuring out how to customize everything anyway.
i didn't test it myself, but the default, or i rather call it global keys (because they are active with all "layers"), can be changed afaik. You need the advanced settings in option menu, now,
press "L" and "G"and at the action panel you click at the down arrow after that, then at the *
the global keys should be bright now, and to delete something, drag the symbol to the paper basket
afaik you can change the F-keys with it, and the HoF could work too

Angel, great guide!! My first +rep is for you! Hope I do it right.

some suggestions and questions on the guide

Dear all,

One of the few benefits of long flights is that it gives you some time to
read. I used the time to reread Alice's Entropia guide.

This is really an excellent piece of work, but after reading it I still have
some questions and also some improvement suggestions. Note that I am still
very new to the game and I have no first-hand experience with neither
hunting, crafting or mining.

Below my notes:

Ch 1: mentoring.

It might be worthwhile to add that if you as a disciple decide the game is
not for you it is not more than polite to tell this to your mentor. Note
that (s)he has invested substantial time in you.
Also it would be nice to give back any gifts you got (maybe along with all
other items you have as they only will end up with MA otherwise).

Kicking your mentor (not that I am planning to :) )
Some sites mention a 3 day period. Is that incorrect?
Also if one hasn't reached the 10% skill level and kick the mentor will one
be able to get a new one?

Furthermore you might want to look for a mentor that is skilled in the
profession you want to develop.

It also helps if you have the same ideas on mentoring and depositing.

Q: How much time does it roughly take to graduate (in # of hrs played).
(I know this depends greatly on what you do, but I would appreciate a
ballpark figure or a minimum.

Info about the guide.
There is a typo at the one but last line of page 5.
It says:
"... and if you want to follow them is our choice."
our -> your

3. Controls
p8: "3" activates autorun. I thought this was "r"
Maybe also mention on how to stop running in aim mode. I still have problems
with this.

3.1: hotkeys:
what is the use/advantage of jump? I see people jumping around. Does this
improve skills ?

4.1: maybe also mention that you can drag a friends name from your friends
list to the desktop. This will make it easier to follow your friend/mentor
in crowded areas (e.g. PA).

4.2.2:
suggest to add a little bit about the range of the radar.

7: map
it says Orange circle: PvP zone (Eudoria). Doesn't this hold for Amethera?
If not mention explicitly?

ch 8.1:
"be sure you have everything possible in one stack".
How do I do that? By dragging?

8.3: last sentence:
"Unless you don't get the learning bonus, better don't use them"
For me this was hard to parse. Too many negations. Propose to rewrite to
Use them only as long as you get the learning bonus (assuming that is what
you want to say).

ch 9:
Perhaps explain a little bit about ranks and levels. I am still at the
lowest rank but at level 3. No idea what that means and how many levels
there are before I reach a new rank.

ch 10.2: storage
Add that if you store something at one storage unit you can retrieve it from
any other storage unit.

ch 10.4:
"except you don't have a mate..."
I assume you mean
"expect if you do have a mate ..."

ch 10.5:
I assume that I can sell back stuff I bought at the TT at the same price if
no additional damage/decay has been done to it. Right? If so, perhaps add
this.

ch 11:
Not to sure how precise the coordinates are.
Billys ... is Billys spaceship.
Phonix should be Phoenix. This is probably caused by a german editor
Perhaps also mention that X increases when you go N and Y increases if you
go E (for some reason I assumed X to increase if I go S)

Amethera TP.
Perhaps mention that running Amethera is more difficult than Eudoria and
that most of Amethera is PvP area.

Perhaps add a link to a page giving info on how to do a TP run.
I found the saunalahti page veryu useful.

Perhaps mention about TP runs and when doing a TP run that you should use
"follow" to follow the guide/leader.

ch 12:
Probably I would put this chapter before the TP chapter

"producing oil barrels every couple of minutes".
It was my understanding from other pages that it would probably be more like
every 20 minutes. Right or wrong?

13: creatures: probably add a url to a page where they are all described
(e.g. pe-wiki.info)

13: mobs that are trapped:
Are they trapped if they cannot move towards you or are they only trapped if
they cannot move at all?

14:
what is the max sweat you can get in one go. At some place I read 20, but on
my first successful attempt I got 22.

14.2.3: again here the every couple of minutes.

15.2: Not having done any business yet:
How do I know the TT value. Or is this mentioned in the trade window?

15.4.1: Can I see the damage on an item before I bought it. How? Also when
in an auction or shop?

17.2.1:
"don't heal yourself when attacked".
I think I understand what you mean but initially this rose the question:
Then when should I heal. If I am not attacked I can also decide to wait it
out.

17.2.4: does the hitcount increase if I am closer to the creature?

17.3.1:
"strange signal found".
I did not really understand the part "means the one who does it first".
Where does "it" refer to? Entering the spaceship. Grabbing the ped's. I'm
not really sure what I should do if I encounter this situation.

Perhaps add a note (e.g. on page 58) that the radius covered by a mining
attempt is 45 m in all directions so if you are tring the 2nd strategy
on page 58 you should drop your probes about 90 m from each other.

"Depending on your theory..."
here the same reasoning holds as for mining away from TP's. Better drop
additional probes near where you found something. If the distribution is
random it does not make a difference and if mining deposits cluster it
helps, so better do it....

17.4.1: tactics.
This mentions "unfortunately it is very hard to find buyers for basic
filters". What are basic filters used for?
I might consider buying them, but alas I have to do that below TT value :)
Consider that a service (you do not need to run to a TT).
also carefully -> careful.

17.5: scanner
Perhaps mention that there is a decay when using it (for the lowest scanner
1pec/use).

ch 24:
I would suggest looking at casing here.
Most people write TT, PA, CP etc in upper case.

I hope this helps to improve this excellent guide and give me some more
answers.

Dutchie

Dutchie said:
This is really an excellent piece of work, but after reading it I still have
some questions and also some improvement suggestions. Note that I am still
very new to the game and I have no first-hand experience with neither
hunting, crafting or mining.
first, thank you :D
then, it is appreciated, i tend to forget those little things that just became natural after some time
Dutchie said:
Ch 1: mentoring.

It might be worthwhile to add that if you as a disciple decide the game is
not for you it is not more than polite to tell this to your mentor. Note
that (s)he has invested substantial time in you.
Also it would be nice to give back any gifts you got (maybe along with all
other items you have as they only will end up with MA otherwise).

Kicking your mentor (not that I am planning to :) )
Some sites mention a 3 day period. Is that incorrect?
Also if one hasn't reached the 10% skill level and kick the mentor will one
be able to get a new one?

Furthermore you might want to look for a mentor that is skilled in the
profession you want to develop.

It also helps if you have the same ideas on mentoring and depositing.

Q: How much time does it roughly take to graduate (in # of hrs played).
(I know this depends greatly on what you do, but I would appreciate a
ballpark figure or a minimum.
it would be nice to tell the mentor if you quit, or even if you plan to go on holidays the next 2-4 weeks, espcially if you just got the mentor
but until now just 1 told me that he will quit, most ppl think a mentor does just has this one disciple, and not that so many go without a message, and that this is really dissappointing
it is not that hard to log in again, and say "i quit" i think, but id doesnt happen so often
i haven't mentioned it because i think it is simply polite to do it, a matter about manners
about giving given gifts, or possibly the possesions to the mentor, it would be kind too, and alot would be less dissappointed with mentoring, but well, it is a reason not to give any gifts

about the grace period, depends on, there is still a time limit, altough it isn't 3 days anymore
i don't mention the longer time interval because the most disciple either quit after 2 days, or skill up pretty fast and pass the 10% before there is any time limit reached(it is around 1-2 weeks i think, but i can't test it really)

the prof standing, well, not really, most mentors are pretty experienced or know at least the other professions, and to find out what they don't know
(Mikah e.g. forced me to know about MF :rolleyes: )

about depositing, nope
sure, it is nice to have a depositng disciple, that raises the chances of graduation to around 70% (if not scammed, very bad loot streaks etc.)
but the non depositers deserve mentors too, and til now i accepted all, and spent my time for tp runs and questions with them
i don't care if a disciple is depositing or not, as long he has fun with the game

about the time spent
that is very hard to predict
it depends on weapon used, time you are online, mob hunted, or the bp you use, the detectonator you use
overall it takes a round 2-6 weeks (altough i heard from a disciple with 9-13 days graduation)
i can't also give a number for cash you need, or shots fired, it depends alot of your playing style and your payback

Dutchie said:
Info about the guide.
There is a typo at the one but last line of page 5.
It says:
"... and if you want to follow them is our choice."
our -> your

3. Controls
p8: "3" activates autorun. I thought this was "r"
Maybe also mention on how to stop running in aim mode. I still have problems
with this.

3.1: hotkeys:
what is the use/advantage of jump? I see people jumping around. Does this
improve skills ?

4.1: maybe also mention that you can drag a friends name from your friends
list to the desktop. This will make it easier to follow your friend/mentor
in crowded areas (e.g. PA).
this y dissappeared again, it always escapes me
:eek: there it is, in the bush
i convinced it to come back

no real use for jumping, except causing lag, means less hits in PvP, and it allows you sometimes to get in a tp; will be added

the hp from ppl in the fl to the screen i mentioned in fl section, but ill write it there too again, and mention the HP of mobs too
Dutchie said:
4.2.2:
suggest to add a little bit about the range of the radar.

7: map
it says Orange circle: PvP zone (Eudoria). Doesn't this hold for Amethera?
If not mention explicitly?

ch 8.1:
"be sure you have everything possible in one stack".
How do I do that? By dragging?

8.3: last sentence:
"Unless you don't get the learning bonus, better don't use them"
For me this was hard to parse. Too many negations. Propose to rewrite to
Use them only as long as you get the learning bonus (assuming that is what
you want to say).
added the numbers from weapon range to radar

info about ame pvp added
info about stacks changed

i need new part just about learning bonus, so, this will be renewed anyway
Dutchie said:
ch 9:
Perhaps explain a little bit about ranks and levels. I am still at the
lowest rank but at level 3. No idea what that means and how many levels
there are before I reach a new rank.

ch 10.2: storage
Add that if you store something at one storage unit you can retrieve it from
any other storage unit.

ch 10.4:
"except you don't have a mate..."
I assume you mean
"expect if you do have a mate ..."

ch 10.5:
I assume that I can sell back stuff I bought at the TT at the same price if
no additional damage/decay has been done to it. Right? If so, perhaps add
this.
rank info etc. added, i forgot to meantion, i have some more stuff at
this site
rest changed or added
Dutchie said:
ch 11:
Not to sure how precise the coordinates are.
Billys ... is Billys spaceship.
Phonix should be Phoenix. This is probably caused by a german editor
Perhaps also mention that X increases when you go N and Y increases if you
go E (for some reason I assumed X to increase if I go S)

Amethera TP.
Perhaps mention that running Amethera is more difficult than Eudoria and
that most of Amethera is PvP area.

Perhaps add a link to a page giving info on how to do a TP run.
I found the saunalahti page veryu useful.

Perhaps mention about TP runs and when doing a TP run that you should use
"follow" to follow the guide/leader.

ch 12:
Probably I would put this chapter before the TP chapter

"producing oil barrels every couple of minutes".
It was my understanding from other pages that it would probably be more like
every 20 minutes. Right or wrong?

13: creatures: probably add a url to a page where they are all described
(e.g. pe-wiki.info)
coords are a mess, i know, ill tp a bit around and add more precise ones later
i don't like the follow mode on tp runs, always when i want to step back im blocked
ch 12,well intention was to explain the tps first, but it was moved, it looks more logical now
the rig, well, 20 min are a couple :rolleyes: , but i don't know the time for sure, i don't like the rig much :D , ill inform me, maybe i should try to use the search function
i mention wiki at the end of the guide

Dutchie said:
13: mobs that are trapped:
Are they trapped if they cannot move towards you or are they only trapped if
they cannot move at all?

14:
what is the max sweat you can get in one go. At some place I read 20, but on
my first successful attempt I got 22.

14.2.3: again here the every couple of minutes.

15.2: Not having done any business yet:
How do I know the TT value. Or is this mentioned in the trade window?

15.4.1: Can I see the damage on an item before I bought it. How? Also when
in an auction or shop?

17.2.1:
"don't heal yourself when attacked".
I think I understand what you mean but initially this rose the question:
Then when should I heal. If I am not attacked I can also decide to wait it
out.
added more stuff about trapped mobs
the max amount of sweat is not to predict, when i start it was max 5, then it was 15, now it is 22
and noone knows if more skills could maybe allow you to reach 50, and anyway, it is pretty useless to mention it, either you got it or not, if that was 22 youre lucky, if 5, not :D

still dont know the time

infos you get with rightclick at the items, the tt value too, i mentioned this under items, but indeed you see the summarized tt in the trade window, added it in trading again
changed the fapping stuff a bit
Dutchie said:
17.2.4: does the hitcount increase if I am closer to the creature?

17.3.1:
"strange signal found".
I did not really understand the part "means the one who does it first".
Where does "it" refer to? Entering the spaceship. Grabbing the ped's. I'm
not really sure what I should do if I encounter this situation.

Perhaps add a note (e.g. on page 58) that the radius covered by a mining
attempt is 45 m in all directions so if you are tring the 2nd strategy
on page 58 you should drop your probes about 90 m from each other.

"Depending on your theory..."
here the same reasoning holds as for mining away from TP's. Better drop
additional probes near where you found something. If the distribution is
random it does not make a difference and if mining deposits cluster it
helps, so better do it....

17.4.1: tactics.
This mentions "unfortunately it is very hard to find buyers for basic
filters". What are basic filters used for?
I might consider buying them, but alas I have to do that below TT value :)
Consider that a service (you do not need to run to a TT).
also carefully -> careful.

17.5: scanner
Perhaps mention that there is a decay when using it (for the lowest scanner
1pec/use).

ch 24:
I would suggest looking at casing here.
Most people write TT, PA, CP etc in upper case.
changed the signal stuff,
range is at least 53m, and it would still need some maths if you don't run exactly straight but ill mention the range again
even if the distrubition is random, you cannot prove it, means if you don't mine near tps you have the same chances in this theory anyway, and raise your chances with the theory that says you should stay away from tps
added bombing near a deposit you found
TT or PA, well, i wont write that in a hurry, and i think most traders write tt+ and not TT+
Dutchie said:
I hope this helps to improve this excellent guide and give me some more
answers.
Dutchie
it does, i think i have most stuff changed, better tp coords will follow, as soon i find time to tp around a bit

one more thing

Either I can't count any more or there is a TP missing.
The TP list (from last weeks copy) lists 32 eudoria TPs whereas the chapter on eudoria states that there are 33 tp's.

Which one is missing (or are there only 32?)

Dutchie

PS: Alice I have now 22 tp's, so I made some progress since we met :)

Edit: checked the survival map that was just posted and I think Orthis is missing from your list.

Dutchie said:
one more thing

Either I can't count any more or there is a TP missing.
The TP list (from last weeks copy) lists 32 eudoria TPs whereas the chapter on eudoria states that there are 33 tp's.

Which one is missing (or are there only 32?)

Dutchie

PS: Alice I have now 22 tp's, so I made some progress since we met :)

Edit: checked the survival map that was just posted and I think Orthis is missing from your list.
:censored: it
ill take a look at it
there are 33 afaik

edit, indeed, i forgot orthos :rolleyes:
changed

Last edited:
Alice, apparently there are also some Amethera TPs missing from your list.

The first pic in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35962 mentions 18 Amethera TPs.

Haven't visited them yet. Currently at 31 TPs for Eudora and 4 or 5 for Amethera.

Also the coordinates for treasure island N (or NE?) are missing.

Keep up the good work & thanks, also on behalf of the other n00bs.

Dutchie

Dutchie said:
Alice, apparently there are also some Amethera TPs missing from your list.

The first pic in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35962 mentions 18 Amethera TPs.

Haven't visited them yet. Currently at 31 TPs for Eudora and 4 or 5 for Amethera.

Also the coordinates for treasure island N (or NE?) are missing.

Keep up the good work & thanks, also on behalf of the other n00bs.

Dutchie
ill tp around soon, and get them :)

Back