How to make money in Entropia - A guide

Come back to us pinky! Well, come back to EU atleast, as it's only going up and it's easier and easier to make money. Oh, and great guide you've been +rep'd:wtg:

ok so Im like 5 hours new in this world and was about to deposit to buy me a gun!
*apparently a big noob mistake*
I only reached this conclusion as im stuck in no where land after a crash during a TP run with my mentor and little beasties keep attacking me :(

Kinda wantd to blow them to bits but now I read your guide I see maintaining health is the tool I need.

Lord its hard being new I dont know the lingo but thanks anyway....dont you just HATE reading the manuals to things? I Know I do... I prefer to learn myself or by someone mentoring me.

Thanks again tho

and erm +rep (? ) :laugh:

[Deleted]

if you want to advertise your 'services' please do it elsewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well, if u do your research, there are other ventures to make money other than what is offered to you through EU, unfortunately these ventures are not considered ways to make money by everyone therefore i can not state them here in How to make money in EU

So to get started I need...

Vivo T1 =9ped, minor focus chip =32ped +about 25ped markup (I guess you want it fully repaired), Aa immplant 22ped, inserter 15ped..

This adds up to 103 PED so that I now can go out and earn 50-100 PED and join part2 ??

I guees you will still sweet forever if you go get all this stuff? I dont know how much faster you get the sweets but it feels like you have to do it for a looong time to get back that 103ped invested (+nexus and decay) in getting sweets faster?

And I wish to know about repair on chip? can you repair them or do you use them until they break and get a new? Do you have to take em out and use the inserter again when you repair??

So to get started I need...

Vivo T1 =9ped, minor focus chip =32ped +about 25ped markup (I guess you want it fully repaired), Aa immplant 22ped, inserter 15ped..

This adds up to 103 PED so that I now can go out and earn 50-100 PED and join part2 ??

I guees you will still sweet forever if you go get all this stuff? I dont know how much faster you get the sweets but it feels like you have to do it for a looong time to get back that 103ped invested (+nexus and decay) in getting sweets faster?

And I wish to know about repair on chip? can you repair them or do you use them until they break and get a new? Do you have to take em out and use the inserter again when you repair??

No, not quiet ;) There is no need to get a fully repaired focus chip as it decays only a tiny amout, so even one with 5 ped (plus 17 ped markup = 22ped) on it will last a good while, also buy a depleted Aa implant from auction, not a 22ped one (approx 10 ped) the inserter you dont keep, just insert the implant and TT it so you get your money back, you just loose 2 ped in decay so should be something like this:

Vivo T1 = 9ped
focus chip = 22ped
Aa immplant = 10ped
Implanter = 2 ped

Total = 43 ped

In saying that, the price of sweat is a lot lower than when i wrote this giude ;)

Good luck!

a Minor Focus Chip as you recomended decays 4pec pre use...
100 uses =4ped.

And since it had a condition limit at 3% (0.96ped) you will get 101 uses with a chip at 5ped tt-value =404 focus charges, that's not alot if you ask me.

This leads me to my other question ;)

How to repair the chip? Can I just repair it when ever I want or do I need to take it out and use the 2ped inserter again? Couse If I can just repair it I understand the idéa of starting with one that has low value...

Anyway, just got enought to buy my first item, a vivo T1, so still some work to do :wtg:

I will go with your plan just couse it's cool and more fun with some Mindforce hehe, Im just curious about some aspects of it :scratch2:

have fun!

PS. Not Kujo asking, Im just useing his computer hehe. My name in game is "Sin".

Last edited:
a Minor Focus Chip as you recomended decays 4pec pre use...
100 uses =4ped.

And since it had a condition limit at 3% (0.96ped) you will get 101 uses with a chip at 5ped tt-value =404 focus charges, that's not alot if you ask me.

This leads me to my other question ;)

How to repair the chip? Can I just repair it when ever I want or do I need to take it out and use the 2ped inserter again? Couse If I can just repair it I understand the idéa of starting with one that has low value...

I will go with your plan just couse it's cool and more fun with some Mindforce hehe, Im just curious about some aspects of it :scratch2:

have fun!

You can repair your chip the same way you repair a FAP or a gun, it is your implant that you need to remove if you want to repair it, not the chip :)

There is information on the Mindforce section in this forum, Im sure it already has alot of the answers you seek :), however, it is definetly not economical to use.

Also, I recommend the Potent Focus chip, up to 38 charges. However, you may need a higher implant that can support it (potent is level VI)

Good Luck!

Ok, made an account on the forum now :p (was useing Kujos before).

One more question! :p

Why not start with medium focus chip? minor was recomended in guide but as far as I can see from reading here and there you get more charges/pec the higher lvl the chip has and medium is the highest that dont require any skill lvls to use?

So could I go for a medium chip and get the charges for less $$ or have I missed something?? :ahh:

Ok, made an account on the forum now :p (was useing Kujos before).

One more question! :p

Why not start with medium focus chip? minor was recomended in guide but as far as I can see from reading here and there you get more charges/pec the higher lvl the chip has and medium is the highest that dont require any skill lvls to use?

So could I go for a medium chip and get the charges for less $$ or have I missed something?? :ahh:
ya, you missed the decay

all focus chips (except minor)
have 4 pec decay, and need 1 ME

the medium has 7 pec decay and 1 ME :)

if I'm not mistaken that is

ya, you missed the decay

No didnt miss that... but medium gives 8 charges, minor gives 4. So medium chip would give me more charges for less peds.

minor gives you 100 charges for 1ped decay
medium gives you 114 charges for 1ped decay
allso!! --> minor needs 2 uses to get 8 charges = 2ME,, medium only one use =1ME so even the ME cost would be cut in half with a medium chip.

But Im noob at this in practice, maybe 8 charges is just a max and you dont allways get the full 8 chrages?? or something else I missed,, if not Im going for a medium chip before minor :wtg:

And the higher lvl on the chip the more charges you get for your ped but at start medium is the highest that dont requier any skill levels to use.
http://www.pe-wiki.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Focus

Last edited:
ya, you missed the decay

Yea, me and Sin was talking about this but I have no xp with MF so can't rly help her. I read your guide tou Alice and I know you said medium was the worst focus chip couse it had 7pec decay but I can't help but wonder the same thing Sin is saying. shouldn't you look at "charges per pec" ? according to that on PE wiki both to lesser and the minor chip has worse eco than the medium chip.

Cheers, Kujo

No didnt miss that... but medium gives 8 charges, minor gives 4. So medium chip would give me more charges for less peds.

minor gives you 100 charges for 1ped decay
medium gives you 114 charges for 1ped decay
allso!! --> minor needs 2 uses to get 8 charges = 2ME,, medium only one use =1ME so even the ME cost would be cut in half with a medium chip.

But Im noob at this in practice, maybe 8 charges is just a max and you dont allways get the full 8 chrages?? or something else I missed,, if not Im going for a medium chip before minor :wtg:

And the higher lvl on the chip the more charges you get for your ped but at start medium is the highest that dont requier any skill levels to use.
http://www.pe-wiki.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Focus

You are 100% correct.

Medium = 7pec decay + 1 ME = 8 charges
Minor = 4 pec decay + 1 me = 4 charges

however two things to consider.

1. You are right, as a newbie, 90% of the time you wont hit a full 8 charges for each use of the medium chip so its probably a bit of false economy - I would think it more likely you would get between 3 and 8 each time with an average of 5 or 6 charges.

2. More clicks = more skills = more value

At the end of the day, its down to individual choice, remember I wrote this as a guide, not a rulebook :) Whatever works for you is good also, I just tried keeping it as cheap as possible, but if you find a better way, do exactly what you have just done, write it down here for others to share ;)

Good job! + rep (for both you you)

You are 100% correct.

Medium = 7pec decay + 1 ME = 8 charges
Minor = 4 pec decay + 1 me = 4 charges

however two things to consider.

1. You are right, as a newbie, 90% of the time you wont hit a full 8 charges for each use of the medium chip so its probably a bit of false economy - I would think it more likely you would get between 3 and 8 each time with an average of 5 or 6 charges.

2. More clicks = more skills = more value

At the end of the day, its down to individual choice, remember I wrote this as a guide, not a rulebook :) Whatever works for you is good also, I just tried keeping it as cheap as possible, but if you find a better way, do exactly what you have just done, write it down here for others to share ;)

Good job! + rep (for both you you)

Scary, the ghost speaks...

Scary, the ghost speaks...

Boo! :eek:

I even logged in game for about 4 mins a few days ago.:silly2:

I still look in on the forum though as nothing else to do on my work lunch break :D

Think its about time I updated this guide... before i do, I would like to ensure i dont miss anything so will make a list:

I Need to add:

(L) stuff - (wasnt around at the time of writing, and it does mean you can hunt more efficiently without being uber now)

Akoz - no longer has Land Areas - any suggestions who i can use as an example now? Thinking maybe Neo with shops + land...

Sweat - Update regarding price

Mining - I mention Crafting in the guide - is it possible to do it with mining? (if anyone knows Dub I would appreciate you pointing him in this direction :D)

Skills - I never mentioned the value of skills before

Let me know if you guys have any more suggestions i can add before doing my re-write :)

Thanks all!!

Pinky, as I remember you took a break from EU so how can you write a good guide to make money if you are not playing EU atm to feel it and see the changes that MA brings with every VU?

Pinky, as I remember you took a break from EU so how can you write a good guide to make money if you are not playing EU atm to feel it and see the changes that MA brings with every VU?

I did take a break of about 3 months. I have been back about 2 months now :D

When i left, I withdrew a profit of $3,200 from just over a year of playing.

However, I am not all knowing and all seeing - thats why I took advice when making the guide in the first place and why i am asking for advice again now ;)

Very Nice guide pinky =)
I would use it if i was a bit more newcommer :D (yet im still a noob. so maybe i shuld lol) :p
+rep for it :)

Little bump - still looking to see if any one has anything worth adding... ;)

...Ok then, I will just update it with the above, and maybe some pretty pictures :D

:nana:

Hi all, just posting to say that i've found Medium Focus Chip to be, currently, the best option. Minor Chips have a very expensive market price now and moderate ones doesn t offer too much. Medium are Level 3 chips wich have a nice price similar to Minor and are much more effective. I like mine!!!

Thank you for this guide.

Hi all, just posting to say that i've found Medium Focus Chip to be, currently, the best option. Minor Chips have a very expensive market price now and moderate ones doesn t offer too much. Medium are Level 3 chips wich have a nice price similar to Minor and are much more effective. I like mine!!!

Thank you for this guide.

I've been looking for a minor or medium focus chip for two days that isn't ridiculously overpriced, and am having no luck. Almost got a good condition medium yesterday but the seller's expectations were so reasonable that I was outbid in the last minute. :rolleyes:

And by overpriced I mean, not only appearing expensive, but not even attracting any bids on auction because the opening bid expectation is too high.

I'm ready to drop out of game again. I'm just bored with spending an eternity trying to buy the stuff I want/need, just to get it for a reasonable price. I could be producing professionally designed and scripted products in another MMOG and turning a profit in just the time I spend looking for stuff here.

Ah well. Until the next time I convert $Ls to PEDs...

(At least I lasted about six days this time. Whereas in May 2007 it was about two.)

Newbie question but what do all of these short-term references mean?

bp?

FAP?

ETC...

Newbie question but what do all of these short-term references mean?

bp?

FAP?

ETC...

They mean you havent done any efford to read the threads that were made for newbies

bp - blueprint, used in crafting
FAP - used for healing others and yourself

Back