How to make money in Entropia - A guide

Newbie question but what do all of these short-term references mean?

bp?

FAP?

ETC...

not so sure about the first two, but "etc" is short for et cetera, meaning and so forth or continuing in the same way ;)

Another helpful tip from "Pinky's Stupid Answers" (TM)

FAP = First aid pack? :p about BP i dont know.

FAP = First aid pack? :p about BP i dont know.

A cracking necro, and completetly the wrong answer as well! Well done my good sir! :D

Try FAST Aid Pack ;)

A cracking necro, and completetly the wrong answer as well! Well done my good sir! :D

Try FAST Aid Pack ;)

Aaah.. Well then I learned something new x)

Awesome guide, only problem is that it's a little outdated -_-'

and BP is BluePrint (used for crafting together with a BP book and materials)

Awesome guide, only problem is that it's a little outdated -_-'

Yeah, i know.... I figure I will update it very soon, as now I left the game, if I dont do it now, I wont know enough myself to be able to update it... gimmie a week or so ;)

Yeah, i know.... I figure I will update it very soon, as now I left the game, if I dont do it now, I wont know enough myself to be able to update it... gimmie a week or so ;)

Ah well.

If I updated it, it'd be more changing the value of sweat i wrote down.

Is it still possible to make money in EU?

Wow this is really digging up ancient history.

Yes, though it takes a *LOT* of time, patience and investment.

The good old days are long gone.
Hopefully they will return with Marco's FPC intervention in the years to come.

Most of us are hopeful on the long term prospects, but I assure you, you won't make money overnight, or even over a couple of years if that is what your asking.

~ Sparkz

Is it still possible to make money in EU?

A good piece of advise for you.

MA is not Santa Clause, it gives you no free money. Whatever loot that is returned to you if from your own PED spent, no-body elses, as this would by definition be gambling;

Of which entropia universe at it's core (accounting wise) is a non gambling platform, each of your PE-Cents is accounted for to 3 decimal places ;)

With this being said, the advise is.

Making money is all in Markups.

And keep in mind, anything you decay PED wise, MA takes a fee upon which varies percentage wise based upon total participant base activity over each fiscal period averaged out (Of which anything you have been overcharged will be returned in loot over consecutive periods).

PS. Just to clarify the above 'Your own PED spent'.

This I refer to your own PED used in decaying of items or into investing into items/resources TT (Trade Terminal) base value & PED Card cash onhand,
*not* markups paid to other participants for those items/resources.

MA only works with the TT value of your net worth of which it also uses other means of making money to ease the burden of the amount of fee it charges participants by investing into short-term commercial papers etc along with a couple of other sources of revenue streams. (Massive Inc ingame advertising etc)

Last edited:
So, then, the question is, how to get as much as possible of my $250 deposited USD back on my way out...
This could take a while :/

if you still have the peds on your card, try some trading, it will take some time, but is also the only sure way you can make peds (that does not take a greater investment, or sweating). All other ways to profit takes time and skills (and gear) to acieve.

U.b.e.r.

I started a trading social group a few days ago, called United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.). Our goal is to more or less set up trade deals with one another in the group so that we trade at tt prices, which gets all parties involved some good out of the deal. It's not a huge group yet, but is growing daily, and is a lot safer way to invest in the game than to risk everything on paying unGodly high prices on markup to speculate on uber items, or invest in crazy funds where you hand over all your peds to one guy to do all the buying and selling for you in hopes he'll make you a fortune.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...united-buyers-exchange-resource-u-b-e-r.html?

The peds are mostly locked into inventory which doesn't seem to want to turn over. I'm giving it another go today, but I'm beginning to think that sweat may very well be the easiest merchandise to sell. Unless I can hit some Nexus.
Mining takes so much less patience than selling does... and it gains skills too...
:loco::hammer:

The peds are mostly locked into inventory which doesn't seem to want to turn over. I'm giving it another go today, but I'm beginning to think that sweat may very well be the easiest merchandise to sell. Unless I can hit some Nexus.
Mining takes so much less patience than selling does... and it gains skills too...
:loco::hammer:
yes but not a guaranteed profit :D

So your question was (having all your massive 250dollars in storage) how to profit those same 250 dollars back?
In a nutshell... Sweat, you get defense skills on that too :rolleyes:

Dragging trains around at random has a guaranteed profit in skills, and zero risk :cool:
Hawking our dubiously acquired "good"s at the PA TP has EU's top potential for profit in peds, and zero skill gain :(
Gathering sweat earns a maximum of 30 cents an hour, and does augment skills nicely, but my skill gain from sweating is really starting to slow down :zzz:
Also, with this much sweat sitting in my inventory, I am fairly well convinced that its value will fall quite noticeably farther before I can get rid of it
:deal::bs:

Re: Profit through mining

Well, so far, mining does give me a steady profit - in materials, which then sit in my storage. I'd call mining approximately 4 or 5 times as profitable as sweating, not counting skills gained. It certainly beats hunting.
So, what's a good strategy to sell Alferix at or near its markup?
:laugh:

Selling sweat: must ask

So, I'm only in it for about 5 days and have over 1.5k of sweat. On this thread I'm seeing it sell for like 2PEC/bottle. However, in game I'm only seeing people sell for equivalent 5PED/1k. This isn't very enticing and I refuse to sell until I know what the devil is going on here. Are people just trying to rip off noobs?

Where are generally the best areas to sell (to people, as this thread has encouraged)? I would like to sell, but minimum at true market value.

Thanks! :)

So, I'm only in it for about 5 days and have over 1.5k of sweat. On this thread I'm seeing it sell for like 2PEC/bottle. However, in game I'm only seeing people sell for equivalent 5PED/1k. This isn't very enticing and I refuse to sell until I know what the devil is going on here. Are people just trying to rip off noobs?

Where are generally the best areas to sell (to people, as this thread has encouraged)? I would like to sell, but minimum at true market value.

If you notice the date on the original post you will see its from 2006

5 ped for 1k is good. The price has dropped a lot over the last 3 years. You can do a little better than .5 pec per bottle if you buy nexus and sell ME, but not much.

For simplicity's sake, selling at 5 ped per 1k is probably your best bet.

Really nice guide! I actually enjoyed reading it. hehe

Wish there were alot more like this one!

Oil barrels?

I thought I also read something about collecting barrels of oil for free in a dangerous area and then selling them. If this is true:

-Where can I find and collect them (free)?
-How much could I sell them for?
-Is sweating still better than hunting for these barrels?

Also, now I have over 2k of this sweat and at the "unskilled" level for sweat gathering and "Inept" for concentration; about how many k's in does it take to get to a reasonable rating where I could hypothetically collect 700+ bottles/hour?

Thanks a bunch!

Back