Status
BenCobra Boner said:
LOL

meny miners and hunters make profit
so whats the problem and crafter is the most expensif in game so

we loos a lot more in just a hunt trip

we loos somtimes 5000 ped a ohuer or more
And how is that my problem, Ben? ;)
You can sell at whatever price you like I am just pointing out why some people whine/refuse to pay these markups..

all is talking abudt its only crafter ther do make mony that not tru

i haw lost a lot in her and that a big one so

dont sya crafters is making a lot its not tru

Reactions: Eon
Just a small comment. It isn't the sellers that set the price of items, it's the buyers. If people will pay 200 but now 250. The the price will be about 200.

So, if you don't like the price, don't buy.
If you buy, don't complain about the price.

Nakia said:
there is a difference IMO, when you craft you can lose 10-50 ped per click, when you hunt you WILL NOT lose those kind of ammounts per click

Please give that a bit more thought, while it's true you won't lose that much per click, you will per item! The only "difference" is that crafting is higher stakes. Hunting is the quarter slots and Crafting is the $5 slots.

I love examples, lets have a look at one shall we. The amounts for crafting are based on todays prices and the hunting values came from a hunt I did 3 weeks ago. I think the math is right, I went through this in a bit of a hurry :). I know people are going to poke all kinds of holes in this, and I readily admit there is plenty of opportunity for it here but it's the best I can do when I'm supposed to be working :laugh: .

A crafter decides to make an OA-103. He is successfull on the 10th attempt and creates a full TT amp which he sells for 180.
Material Cost: 10 * 13.62 = 136.20
Auction Fee: 1
Profit: 180 - 137.20 = 42.80 / 31.4%

A hunter decides to loot a Wooden Kitchen Table so hunts estophyll.
Ammo and decay cost: 201.63 ped
Item and cash value: 189.41 ped
Markup required on full TT 19 ped table to make a 31.4% profit for that hunt: 76.53 ped
This is from a 94% return hunt and based on numerous posts in the forum, it seems to be commonly accepted that long term returns are 60-70%.

The markup on other loot items and returned materials/residue value were not taken into account. I am considering it a wash between the two.
I chose the comparison to the kitchen table for 2 reasons, good supply/demand and recent experience.

So Crafters, how would you like to decorate your shop if the hunters started price fixing too.

BTW, I spend about 50% of my time in EU crafting so I'm not bashing all the crafters here, just the unscrupulous few who seem to think that the rest of us in EU need to pay for their play also. I'm all for making a profit, but it needs to be reasonable.

A big +rep to Loki for making the decision to sell at a price that is a bit more reasonable and not following the lead set by those such as Ben Boner.

Enough fun, I'll better close this thread before bans are handed out left and right...

:locked:

Status
Back