Some questions from a noob

...At the end of the hunt I had over 60 different items and the second column was yellow (am I right assuming that if one of the boxes goes yellow i cant run anymore just jog and if one turns red I can only walk ??)

no worries, your item count does not effect your running speed nor ability to move. its just items "dissapear" from your visible inventory when you are in red, MA made this to reduce lag. your items then are not lost, they reappear once youre back in yellow.

one easy thing to reduce item count is to put all attachments on items, the amps on guns and the plates on armor. put the eamp on the bravo, the plates on pixie and bang you reduced your item count by 7. using storage boxes aint a really good idea to reduce item count in inventory, sure it holds 10 items so you have up to 9 items less, but it makes you weight more and this and only the weight effects your running speed.

as for your OJ, you can tt them and gain 0.002 pec (even 0.003 if u add the shoes!!*). to get your noob suite back just put all your clothes (not the underwear ;)) in your storage, so you got no clothes in inventory or on avatar, relog and once youre back in game youre dressed like on day 1.

:)

* possible exploit: tt OJ, relog, tt OJ, repeat 1k times and you have gained 3ped :eek:

thats good news then if the item count does not affect my running speed at all - thanks Steffel -

But weapon attachments are counted regardless on whether they are on or off the gun (same goes for plates)

When does one go red (how many items)? and when does the weight go yellow (THEN you can only jog, right ?)

thanks again
ILW

thats good news then if the item count does not affect my running speed at all - thanks Steffel -

But weapon attachments are counted regardless on whether they are on or off the gun (same goes for plates)

When does one go red (how many items)? and when does the weight go yellow (THEN you can only jog, right ?)

thanks again
ILW

I believe it is at 101 items that you go red, and weight goes yellow at 150, and red at 200 :) And yes, when weight goes yellow you can only jog....red only walk. :girl:

Ped Card problems ??

Is it only me or is your ped card playing up as well over the past couple of days.

Logged in today and had approx. 150 Ped on my account. Went hunting and had a little hammer telling me my vigi-harness bid was surpassed and 88 ped being transferred back to my account ... Then it actually showed the correct amount. After a while I checked again (tp'd inbetween, but did not buy, repair etc.) and bam I was back to 150 PED (where are my 88 ped).

So I removed 1 ped from my card and put it back and it was showing the correct amount. Now things like that are happening really often to me lately, am I missing something, is it just me or whats going on (a little scary this is considering this is real money we are talking about here).

ILW

So I removed 1 ped from my card and put it back and it was showing the correct amount. Now things like that are happening really often to me lately, am I missing something, is it just me or whats going on (a little scary this is considering this is real money we are talking about here).

An old bug that's doing the rounds again.

The only thing you can do to correct the balance is exactly what you have done, transfer ped from and back to your card and file a support ticket.

The art of hunting ...

Another day another ... well experience

Last night I was on one of my 'hardcore' hunts

(in case you wonder what I classify as such: Endless hours of hunting, no or as little chatting as possible in between [and ppl that know me well know how hard it is for me NOT to chat, hehe], no repairing in between and NO dying please :)

So there I was with Kiki at Argus happily shooting every corn in sight when I 'by accident' shot on a corn where I did not have the green box around ... First I thought, you n00b but then realised that I actually hit the mob. And not only that, my gun reloaded much quicker as it did not seem to adjust to the mob with every shot.

So from then I tagged the corn (green box) and once it was in front of me I clicked straight on into the sky (releasing the green box) and was shooting considerably faster in my opinion (as the gun did not re-adjust/aimed again with every shot) ...

Now having hunted a few months now that was totally NEW and I am not sure what is the better way ??

Anyone got any advise on that ?

- many thanks -

ILW

PS: How do I change my real-life address (having recently moved countries) with Entropiauniverse ?

Ah, the joys of manual aim :)

As for address change I guess as ever, you will need to contact support to update them and will no doubt need to send them a copy of your passport to verify you are who you say you are before they change it.

???

Anyone is using manual aim when shooting mobs as I need more opinions to see whether you can get your damage/sec up or whether it is too un-eco

thanks

ILW

I use a combination of both manual aim & auto-aim most of the time when I'm out hunting. If I'm out on a 'lazy' hunt, I'll use the auto-aim for the 1st shot, then deselect the mob & fire to finish it off. That way, after the 1st shot, my aim is already lined up, and I get the full SPM out of the gun.

If I'm out on a serious shoot-em-up hunt or going pvp...then it's into 1st person mode & always use manual aim. I seem to miss less shots that way, can run & fire at the same time, and get the full SPM out of the weapon.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks again Silver ice,

I really needed to investigate that further and went on a 10k troxi hunt with a 5k corn hunt straight after and my thoughts are as follows:

- If you are shooting with a lower end weapon (like me) and need more shots to kill a mob then manual-aim is brilliant (the corns were considerably more damaged by the time they reached me, then before I discovered manual aiming)

- Totally agree with Silver Ice, first shot is auto-aim (then I once click in the sky and carry on shooting

- With small mobs I don't think that could work that well
- If mobs run towards you (and its up or down a hill), manual aim misses more shots
- Once the mob is in front of me I sometimes auto-aim just one more shot to be sure

Well, at least these are my observations, anyone got more thoughts on that (where are all the hardcore hunters here :) ????

ILW

My first PVP Kill

Went out hunting troxis all night with Kiki (highest loot was a 10x pedder with no less then 6x guardians in between been no-looters - OUCH -) so when we returned to split the loot etc. I saw Raul and Orion (Shaolin) and F1r3 being in the ring ... Gotta say, I love black coats (shame they are so expensive !!) ... Since I was totally down on peds, I thought what the hell ... So I went in (still wearing my pixie, totally forgot about that) and marberd F1r3 ... lol, 105 damage AND NOT DEAD (bloody ubers :) ... Before I could reload I was ... well killed by an ancient adjusted MK. II

LOL

Okay, after a friendly chat I told them it was not fair that I was wearing my uber armor with them being all naked and that and after being killed a fair few times by some mighty awesome weapons I finally managed to bring F1r3 down :)

Quickly took a pic and guess what ... Bloody computer crashed soon after :(
Anyway, that was quite fun and although I can't see myself becoming a pvp player (too expensive) it was a cool experience killing an uber (or at least a strong player :)

Have fun out there
ILW

The question is ...

Which is the better all-round armor

shogun or Vigi

Completed my Vigi set last night so bots watch out !!

Was just wondering whether I should take shogun or vigi to my next troxi hunt (both could be stuffed with 2a's)

Vigi seems to be higher on about all stats but one, but then I am not really sure about all the damage types etc.

ILW

Of the two, vigi offers the better protection.

If you start comparing to vigi to armour any better than shogun, vigi starts to show it's limitations.

against impact damage mobs vigi will lose most likely, against impact and cut vigi wins with 1 protection i think, against stab and cut, or stab,cut (8 points),imp vigi is better (5 points)

Mining

Hello all,

I was wondering whether I should try a little mining myself. Not that I seriously want to get involved with it, but it would be nice to understand how its done so when ppl talk about it, I understand a little more... Are there any guide out here someone could point me to ?

Thanks
ILW

May this rest in piece

I just wanted to say a massive thanks for all the ppl that have helped me here and/or in-game ...

I have still a long way to go to becoming a decent-skilled player but with rifle at 2.4k I don't think my questions are (in general) of n00b nature anymore. Consequently I will direct those questions in the correct forums :)

May this thread rest in piece, as I will update my achievements in the diary section

Once again, you guys (you know who you are, no need for names) ROCK

See you all for the next big hunt !!

ILW

May this thread rest in piece, as I will update my achievements in the diary section

ILW

Ah, then end of an era ....

Thanks for all your great questions that surely helped countless noobs like me, and for your experiences which have been good reading.

-Coop

Back