EU and MacBook

Well, the "yes" command won´t give you a real stress test, but a good load on the CPU(s). The problematic cable from the sensor was too colse to the CPU heatspreader which caused problmes with the 1. MacBook.
It is said that Apple fixed that problem, but that does not mean you can get a "Bad Apple" where this problems shows up again.

If the "yes" doesn´t give you the kick, run some calcs which will for sure make a more "complete" use of the CPU. I have no idea if there are real stress test for OSX heating up the system since its way out of my interests.

All i can tell you for sure: MacBook Pro 15" 2GHz CoreDuo 1GB Ram - running with WindowsXP (mostly for EU ;) ) its a real pleasure to run it in window mode! Absolute no problems at all. I did my first compression for my video under WinXP while i was still runing EU. For the editing i switched to OSX. I never even had a crash...

Too sad that you have problems running EU on your machine. I hope it will all come to a nice end!

GL

Well, I'd *like* to download the Input Remapper..but you have to register, and his forum software is friggin broken on the register page.

Bear, can you get me the latest exe?

Hmmmmz....first 15 minutes of burn in test, NO reboot (this is with fans set to MAX)...beginning next burn in test...

Bear, +rep for all your help dude, and getting me the file, really appreciate it. Will keep you updated here as to progress.

EDIT: nope, even with fans at max, it rebooted

Well, thanks again for trying Bear!

Last edited:
Solution!

Bear, and all the others...I played EU for HOURS last night with 0 reboots.

YES it is heat Bear...but turning up the fans was NOT enough...I had to clock down the video card...details I found here, along with the fans on high, and she's rock steady!!!

http://forums.macnn.com/104/alterna...308960/solution-crashes-blue-screens-freezes/

Incidentally, I used the Omega drivers as well.

NO significant performance difference seen at ALL with the video clocked down to what Mac sets it at.

WOOT, Slick is now a happy dude!

okay, i have an iMac 24", mybe someone could write me some small instruction how to run Entropia in my Mac?? :) thanks

okay, i have an iMac 24", mybe someone could write me some small instruction how to run Entropia in my Mac?? :) thanks

Well, Leopard just released on Friday, and Bootcamp is now officially supported with Leopard, so I'd recommend this:

Purchase a copy of Leopard and upgrade your OSX. Purchase a legal copy of Windows XP SP2 (MUST BE SP2). Follow instructions from Apple on how to setup Bootcamp and away you go. Many of the discussions in this thread are now old news as Bootcamp was beta at the time and Apple's drivers weren't that great, but the newest stuff runs just fine without any special tweaks needed.

100$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, make Entropia universe run on my iMac 24" and ill pay you 100$ !!!!! please help me!!!! maxas_veza is my skype, please add me and call, I give ya 100$ for just simple help!!!!!!!!! plEAse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, make Entropia universe run on my iMac 24" and ill pay you 100$ !!!!! please help me!!!! maxas_veza is my skype, please add me and call, I give ya 100$ for just simple help!!!!!!!!! plEAse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oki, i help ya :)

has anyone ever checked, whether EU runs via "cross over" on iMAC?

i got no mac so i cannot try :(

for all mac users:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ,

err.....

just buy normal computer

sorry to bump up this ooooold thread .. but I used my friend search :D

I started a new job and my boss is dieing to see what EU is all about ... :)eek: Lucky lucky me heh?? :D)

BUT i'm working on a Mac OS X...

He keeps asking me to download the game, but I know I need to install something .. I'm just too n00bish to know exactly what - and I would not feel like a happy camper if I screwed up the Mac ...

Can anyone .. nice, slowly, simple ... tell me what to do and in what order? Also programes what sites to download them from etc?

I read this thread from the beginning but was thinking, that maybe something new happened concerning the cry'ing and stuff ... and people have lots of advice ... I just need one guideline, please :)

Thanks

If you have a mac intel , the only way is to install Apple's Bootcamp, then install a copy of Windows, then install EU ...

Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features - Boot Camp

(but imo, having windows installed on a mac will make you go to hell :))

If you have a mac intel , the only way is to install Apple's Bootcamp, then install a copy of Windows, then install EU ...

Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features - Boot Camp

(but imo, having windows installed on a mac will make you go to hell :))

Damn .. I really don't wanna end up down there :(

But seriously, having that installed will affect my work ability on the mac?

and thanks :)

I've never tried this, but i suppose you will end up with a dual boot on startup, asking wether you want to run your newly installed Windows (to play EU) or Mac OS (to do your work as you did before with nothing changed).

I've never tried this, but i suppose you will end up with a dual boot on startup, asking wether you want to run your newly installed Windows (to play EU) or Mac OS (to do your work as you did before with nothing changed).

Correct, when the system reboots if you hold down the option key, it presents you with a boot option. You can set which one you want to auto boot too. BTW, it works very well, I have been playing EU on my MacBook Pro for over a year now.

Back